Texas and OU to SEC

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:14 am
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:02 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:13 am A Sunday meeting..not sure if Communion was offered
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... arture-sec
Gotta laugh. After sitting in his rocking chair for the last five years, Bowlsby is now working like a one-armed paper hanger. Too little, too late. Though it does sound like UT is still taking offers like a street walker. Whether they end up in the SEC or not, its clear UT and OU want no more part of the Big 12. I just saw that they served their coup de grace notification to the Big 12.
There is a rumor at the UT Golf Club @ Stiener Ranch, that OU has the SEC votes but not UT.... I can see lsu, A&M Arkansas, Mizzou, Miss State and Ole Miss not voting for Texas...talk on the Course, OU will be invited and a team from the east coast wil be the other one
Very interesting. I can see those teams shutting off UT. If that in fact is where things stand, the PAC 12 will jump all over the UT, TT, and OSU. Essentially it goes back to the 2011 deal, only without OU. They could easily pod those three schools with CU. Gotta believe that the east coast team is Clemson--the ACC one pillar of credibility. The SEC will have neutered the Big 12 and the ACC all at once.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:26 am no media for U guy's....but here is the rub, if OU and UT pay the penalty and leave prior to 2025 and the Big12 dissolves prior to 2025, the current big12 schools get zero $$$ in ut and ou media rights...if ut and ou leave and the big12 stays solvent and abosrbs other schools, they still get the $$$$ thru 2025....so maybe the AAC gets disolved
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... dia-rights
big 2 & little 8 will enter into a settlement or Texas & OU with threaten to litigate enforceability and allege breaches by the conference and the little 8 for other aspects of conference membership!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:00 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:26 am no media for U guy's....but here is the rub, if OU and UT pay the penalty and leave prior to 2025 and the Big12 dissolves prior to 2025, the current big12 schools get zero $$$ in ut and ou media rights...if ut and ou leave and the big12 stays solvent and abosrbs other schools, they still get the $$$$ thru 2025....so maybe the AAC gets disolved
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... dia-rights
big 2 & little 8 will enter into a settlement or Texas & OU with threaten to litigate enforceability and allege breaches by the conference and the little 8 for other aspects of conference membership!
Exactly. They'll muddy the legal water to the point that nobody knows what's up or down. What if one or two other Big 12 teams bail? What constitutes "solvent", Bob Bowlsby and his secretary?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

TCU is a private school with a total enrollment of 11,379 students (Tulane total enrollment 14,062 students; Rice total enrollment 7,282 students).

So, forget about TCU to the PAC 12.
nawlinspete
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:55 am
winwave wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:45 am Ralph Russo:

https://www.macon.com/news/business/art ... 16858.html

Lots of money for the 8 left behind.
a great article and breakdown
Russo's explanation of what the Pac12 wants fits Tulane to a T ... academics , research , demeanor , Central Time Zone , new recruiting area , and AAU . Tulane belongs in the Pac or the Big .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

with all of the cars here in metro Austin with California plates, I thougth UT would be in the Pac12
MicMan
Swell

Hmm, TV ratings for the remaining Big 12 schools are comparable to the AAC, which moved its headquarters to Texas. Maybe take the leftovers and merge the two confs under the Big 12 brand.
Wave755
Tsunami

Multiple sources reporting Big 10 won't consider any university that is not an AAU member, so Cincy is out of luck on that one. :D And, I would think Tulane is the only AAU member institution of the AAC, but we don't offer wrestling?🤦‍♂️ And, Tulsa and SMU are not AAU members.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Looks like the rumor of the SEC hit list of Ohio St/Michigan/Fla St./Clemson may have some legs. Obviously somebody (probably Sankey and ESPN) has a grand plan. One giant conference, and the cover charge will be steep. SEC is inviting the anointed onto their life boat, and the rest of the collegiate world goes down with the Titanic, with the NCAA at the helm.
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:26 pm
Looks like the rumor of the SEC hit list of Ohio St/Michigan/Fla St./Clemson may have some legs. Obviously somebody (probably Sankey and ESPN) has a grand plan. One giant conference, and the cover charge will be steep. SEC is inviting the anointed onto their life boat, and the rest of the collegiate world goes down with the Titanic, with the NCAA at the helm.
Yep, in "one fell swoop" everybody else is "defacto" Div. 2, which was the intent of the BCS at its inception in 1998. Let's just hope both the Big 10 & Pac 12 are "too snooty" to be in any Super Conference with the likes of Miss. St., LSWho, Florida State, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mizzou, South Carolina, West Virginia, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Miami, etc, etc.,etc.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:26 pm
That’s how I see it also. The NIL’s, no sitting a year transfer rules and all in between leads me to that one conclusion. SuperConferences going to be bigger money makers than the NFL.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Still trying to save the B12
https://www.oklahoman.com/story/sports/ ... 091938002/
Would adding the likes of Houston and Cincinnati, BYU and Central Florida draw more TV viewers…,
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:21 pm Still trying to save the B12
Would adding the likes of Houston and Cincinnati, BYU and Central Florida draw more TV viewers…,
I see a merger between the AAC and the Big 12. The top 16 teams go in. New name the Big American 16.
Tulane gets in.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:25 am
I see a merger between the AAC and the Big 12. The top 16 teams go in. New name the Big American 16.
Tulane gets in.
if that happens...new name All American Conference
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:19 pm Multiple sources reporting Big 10 won't consider any university that is not an AAU member, so Cincy is out of luck on that one. :D And, I would think Tulane is the only AAU member institution of the AAC, but we don't offer wrestling?🤦‍♂️ And, Tulsa and SMU are not AAU members.
https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/07 ... -cavalcade
MicMan
Swell

There are nine Pac-12 schools that are AAU, plus Pac and B1G share unofficial connections and official one, Rose Bowl.

Go Big Pac!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:30 am
Tulane gets in.
If it happens the name likely stays Big 12 so that those schools get all the money that will be due them from OU and UT.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:33 am
Tulane gets in.
If it happens the name likely stays Big 12 so that those schools get all the money that will be due them from OU and UT.
OU and UT will buy their way out of that agreement..the AAC is the one with the long term ESPN and FOX contract..so the "new name" may be the old one, AAC
nawlinspete
Riptide

Our new conference name should be B1G or Pac16 .

How are your fiduciary duty calls going President Fitts and AD Dannen .

Please break the cone of silence and drop us a hint .........
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:54 amfiduciary duty
jonathanjoseph, is that you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:42 am
winwave wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:33 am
OU and UT will buy their way out of that agreement..the AAC is the one with the long term ESPN and FOX contract..so the "new name" may be the old one, AAC
A combined Little 12 and AAC conference could be called the Titanic 16 Conference, or more descriptively they should call it the Phoenix 16 Conference.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Other than the residual money boost through 2025, I don't really see what the Big 12 orphans offer. Most of them are from backwater TV markets, and most of them have struggled on the field over the past year. Let's see; ISU was 9-3; OSU was 8-3 (including a miracle come back against Tulsa); TCU was 6-4; WVa was 6-4; Kansas St. was 4-6; TT was 4-6; Baylor was 2-7; and Kansas their usual 0-9. In most years, the Orphan 12 usually fatten their record with 2 or 3 dog opponents, and some of them got to play an OOC dog or two last year. Short of getting in the Big 10 or PAC 12, we can expect these records to worsen as their revenues collapse and they lose their P5 recruiting pedigree. Aresco and the AAC should deal with these schools from a position of relative strength. Aresco and the AAC know how to swim upstream against the G5 disadvantages--the Orphan 8 are going to need that experience and knowledge real soon.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican