Texas and OU to SEC

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:43 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:31 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:42 am Quite a few articles have been looking at the Big 12’s TV ratings without texas and OU, in several years the aac has actually had superior ratings.

Going further some articles and sources have said the TV $$$ for the remaining teams is in the $8-9m range (right where the aac is).

When does their A5 status get revoked ? That’s the only thing that they have over the American after the fact. The A5 status which does bestow its members with superior Bowl tie ins and magical recruiting/top 25 ranking powers.
It probably gets revoked within a year of OU and UT's departure. That's assuming that most of the Little 8 are still in the Big 12 within a year--anyone of them will take the first P4 conference offer they get. And even if the AAC and Little 8 merge, it will be a long shot that we can get P5 status and money. As you say, the Little 8 TV value is really no different than that of the AAC. And considering that most the AAC teams are in larger urban areas, their long term TV value may be greater. There is little true P5 pedigree in many of these Little 8 programs--they truly have been riding on the coattails of OU and UT--which makes it even harder to understand how they and Bowlsby could have not done more to avoid what has now happened. They should have been the first conference to go to disproportionate revenue sharing--had they done that I really don't think any of this would be happening.
GASP !!!!..disproportionate revenue sharing !? stop the madeness....what happened to the "inclusion and equality" BS...it sounds like one is to be judged on the value they bring, rather than if they are just taking up space...
No problem with "inclusion and equality" since "inclusion and equality" eventually leads to redistribution of money any way. So disproportionate revenue sharing is just another form of money redistribution--so it's all simpatico. I think it's safe to say that the days of "participation" revenue sharing with the P5 parasites is probably quickly coming to an end--as Vandy, Ole Miss, Arkansas and other SECers may soon find out.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
MicMan
Swell

Story up that B1G accuses ESPN of conspiring with AAC to "take" 3-5 teams. LOL
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:58 pm
No problem with "inclusion and equality" since "inclusion and equality" eventually leads to redistribution of money any way. So disproportionate revenue sharing is just another form of money redistribution--so it's all simpatico. I think it's safe to say that the days of "participation" revenue sharing with the P5 parasites is probably quickly coming to an end--as Vandy, Ole Miss, Arkansas and other SECers may soon find out.
But, what about Vandy's "girl field goal kicker," are you implying she doesn't add value to the SEC? And, particularly since the Commodores went 0-8 last year in football? :D :lol: :thumbup: :clap: ;)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:42 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:58 pm
But, what about Vandy's "girl field goal kicker," are you implying she doesn't add value to the SEC? And, particularly since the Commodores went 0-8 last year in football? :D :lol: :thumbup: :clap: ;)
Yea. I bet the SEC big boys were real thrilled with that media stunt.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

CBSSN reporting that Big 12 Commish "Do Nothing" Bowlsby has gone into full blown crybaby mode--alleging that ESPN is in cahoots with the SEC and AAC in picking apart the Big 12. Alleges that ESPN has given its marching orders to the AAC to take 3 to 5 Big 12 orphans, and the AAC will get a significant upgrade to their ESPN TV contract--could we be so lucky? I hope Bowlsby is spot on in his allegations.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:49 pm CBSSN reporting that Big 12 Commish "Do Nothing" Bowlsby has gone into full blown crybaby mode--alleging that ESPN is in cahoots with the SEC and AAC in picking apart the Big 12. Alleges that ESPN has given its marching orders to the AAC to take 3 to 5 Big 12 orphans, and the AAC will get a significant upgrade to their ESPN TV contract--could we be so lucky? I hope Bowlsby is spot on in this allegations.
Here is the USAToday article. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 408410001/
Saturday Down South Article:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-f ... h-sec-aac/
🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Wave755
Tsunami

Good news is ESPN believes the Big 12 should die and the AAC should live. :D
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We need you hope and pray this happens ! Otherwise it’s all of our top programs leaving and the aac dies and we turn into Cusa version 4.0 (or whatever version).

What do we think are the 3-5 schools we are trying to poach ?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

What a joke and hypocrite Bowlsby is. Suddenly he doesn’t like ESPN giving advice to the SEC or AAC conferences. He sure seemed to take ESPN’s advice when he held his Big 12 “cattle call”, and was then told by the networks not to expand. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tillman Fertitta isn’t working with ESPN to put the final head shot in Bowlsby. “Do Nothing” Bob can’t clean his office out fast enough. The Little 8 will eventually figure out that it’s Bowlsby that is the albatross around their necks—they’ll give up the ghost and sign on elsewhere.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave755 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:37 pm Good news is ESPN believes the Big 12 should die and the AAC should live. :D
And that's only because ESPN owns the AAC rights exclusively, whereas they split the B12 with FOX.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:30 pm What a joke and hypocrite Bowlsby is. Suddenly he doesn’t like ESPN giving advice to the SEC or AAC conferences. He sure seemed to take ESPN’s advice when he held his Big 12 “cattle call”, and was then told by the networks not to expand. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tillman Fertitta isn’t working with ESPN to put the final head shot in Bowlsby. “Do Nothing” Bob can’t clean his office out fast enough. The Little 8 will eventually figure out that it’s Bowlsby that is the albatross around their necks—they’ll give up the ghost and sign on elsewhere.
Desperation (noun);
a state of despair, typically one which results in rash or extreme behavior.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:49 pm We need you hope and pray this happens ! Otherwise it’s all of our top programs leaving and the aac dies and we turn into Cusa version 4.0 (or whatever version).

I know I've seen several mentions of possibly merging the two leagues completely (19 teams), and then either adding one, or some people say drop three. The three I've seen mentioned most as far as dropping are Tulsa, ECU and Temple FWIW.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
nawlinspete
Riptide

Let's drop RickDick for sure....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

What is Guery Smith hearing about alleged interference by the SEC and ESPN in the Big12's effort to avoid death ?

What is he hearing about a "newly constituted" AAC ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
BC Wave
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:49 pm We need you hope and pray this happens ! Otherwise it’s all of our top programs leaving and the aac dies and we turn into Cusa version 4.0 (or whatever version).

Hmm,
Perhaps PAC 12 adds TTU, TCU, Baylor and OK State.

B1G adds Kansas.

That leaves K State, Iowa State and West Virginia
greenie78
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:00 am What is Guery Smith hearing about alleged interference by the SEC and ESPN in the Big12's effort to avoid death ?

He’s still working on the Jewitt contract extension article.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:59 am
nawlinspete wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:00 am What is Guery Smith hearing about alleged interference by the SEC and ESPN in the Big12's effort to avoid death ?

He’s still working on the Jewitt contract extension article.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
GreenLantern
Riptide

Big 12 accuses ESPN of attempting to destabilize their conference for financial gain. They send a cease-and-desist letter. (I like it. It seems to bode well for the AAC and Tulane)

Last edited by GreenLantern on Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

it is now a done deal...A&M issues a letter of support for the expansion, rumor has it, if A&M had objected Mizzou, Arkansas and lsu were going to vote against UT, but for OU look for the invite no later than Friday
https://www.si.com/college/2021/07/29/t ... -expansion
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

BC Wave wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:44 am

Hmm,

B1G adds Kansas.

I can't see the Big 10 taking WVa instead of Iowa St. (AAU school), plus Iowa St. has had some decent football and basketball teams recently. That of course assumes that Iowa can't veto an Iowa St. admission--and I have no idea what the Big 10 voting rules are for admitting new members. Of course, WVa. would fit in quite well with the AAC. I would guess that if ESPN is slipping notes to Aresco, the five teams in order would be Kansas, Okie St., WVa., TCU and TT--largely based on TV markets and overall fan following. If any of those five get plucked by the Big 10 or PAC 12, then the remaining order might be Kansas St. (especially if KU goes to the Big 10), Iowa St. and lastly Baylor. Baylor is likely sucking hind tit under all scenarios--religious school, history of scandals, another Texas school, and retribution for Governor Ann ("Ma") Richards cramming Baylor into the Big 12 instead of SMU or UH. That last issue could also hurt TT--there are more than a few UH and SMU alums still hot about being politically substituted by Baylor and TT. Payback can be hell, and Tillman Ferttita would love to serve up some payback.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:10 am it is now a done deal...A&M issues a letter of support for the expansion, rumor has it, if A&M had objected Mizzou, Arkansas and lsu were going to vote against UT, but for OU look for the invite no later than Friday
Gotta laugh--after all of the Aggies bluster and complaints, "never mind, we're ok with it all". Maybe Sankey whispered in their ear that if they got in the way of his Grand Plan, they would be joining the Little 8. Sankey seems to be on a mission--next up Fla St. and Clemson.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Considering Sankey seems to be able to get anything he wants--does Tulane have any relationship with him? Just looking for a long shot.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Some of you may have already seen this. Pretty funny.

nawlinspete
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:10 am it is now a done deal...A&M issues a letter of support for the expansion, rumor has it, if A&M had objected Mizzou, Arkansas and lsu were going to vote against UT, but for OU look for the invite no later than Friday
Check out Dellinger's grammar in his SI article ; you can tell he is an LSU suck up and mouthpiece .
BC Wave
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:15 am
BC Wave wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:44 am

Hmm,

B1G adds Kansas.

I can't see the Big 10 taking WVa instead of Iowa St. (AAU school), plus Iowa St. has had some decent football and basketball teams recently. That of course assumes that Iowa can't veto an Iowa St. admission--and I have no idea what the Big 10 voting rules are for admitting new members. Of course, WVa. would fit in quite well with the AAC. I would guess that if ESPN is slipping notes to Aresco, the five teams in order would be Kansas, Okie St., WVa., TCU and TT--largely based on TV markets and overall fan following. If any of those five get plucked by the Big 10 or PAC 12, then the remaining order might be Kansas St. (especially if KU goes to the Big 10), Iowa St. and lastly Baylor. Baylor is likely sucking hind tit under all scenarios--religious school, history of scandals, another Texas school, and retribution for Governor Ann ("Ma") Richards cramming Baylor into the Big 12 instead of SMU or UH. That last issue could also hurt TT--there are more than a few UH and SMU alums still hot about being politically substituted by Baylor and TT. Payback can be hell, and Tillman Ferttita would love to serve up some payback.
I wasn’t clear in my post
Kansas would be the only b12 school to the B1G.

K State, I State, WVU would be leftover for possible AAC inclusion.