Scheduling LSU

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I looked for an existing thread and couldn’t find it, so mods can feel free to merge.

UFlorida has finally agreed to a 2 & 1 scheduling contract with UCF. If That can happen will we ever get LSU back on the field ? We have heard from TD that he needs atleast 1 of the games at Yulman. Can we really not swing a contract for 2 games in BR, 1 in the dome and 1 at Yulman ? Hell put the Yulman game as the final one to be played (they can buy it out). All I know is the program needs it

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not sure about TD saying 1 game would have to be in Yulman., If that is accurate and in any way holds up an agreement he should be fired. What we need to do is win our conference and the NY6 game in order to have some leverage to get them to play us.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
hullabaloo
Ripple

winwave wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:05 pm Not sure about TD saying 1 game would have to be in Yulman., If that is accurate and in any way holds up an agreement he should be fired. What we need to do is win our conference and the NY6 game in order to have some leverage to get them to play us.
Disagree with you there. If we win the conference and NY6 game LSU won't want to play us. They have little to gain and everything to lose by scheduling that game, especially one in Yulman.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:05 pm Not sure about TD saying 1 game would have to be in Yulman., If that is accurate and in any way holds up an agreement he should be fired. What we need to do is win our conference and the NY6 game in order to have some leverage to get them to play us.
Oh that’s all. Seems like a reasonable jump based on Fritz record to date at TU.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hullabaloo-If we win that then we can call them out. Plus their fans are getting tired of some of the shit games they are having to pay to attend. Make ourselves worthy and we'll see what happens. Nothing guarantees it but I think our only way to get any type of serious series going again greatly depends on us winning at a high level.
Last edited by winwave on Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:46 pm
Oh that’s all. Seems like a reasonable jump based on Fritz record to date at TU.
Didn't say it wasn't a tall order. Just saying it's what we need to do to have a chance at it. If winning the conference and the NY6 Bowl isn't the goal of the program then shut it down.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I can’t remember when he said it but it was an interview, I think radio or podcast. But he said that some of the big donors that forked down cash for the stadium were given assurances that the stadium would hold big games. Followed saying it would be a bad look and set a bad precedent to only have the small games at Yulman and go to Superdome for big games. Then he mentioned that big schools are coming to Yulman and pointed to Oklahoma, Ole Miss and Miss State.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well then we 'll never play LSU in football again unless we get paired up in something like the Birmingham Bowl.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:07 pm I can’t remember when he said it but it was an interview, I think radio or podcast. But he said that some of the big donors that forked down cash for the stadium were given assurances that the stadium would hold big games. Followed saying it would be a bad look and set a bad precedent to only have the small games at Yulman and go to Superdome for big games. Then he mentioned that big schools are coming to Yulman and pointed to Oklahoma, Ole Miss and Miss State.
Then we should at least add the second half of the stadium (west side upper deck). The west side looks ridiculous right now.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Ruski
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:46 pm Hullabaloo-If we win that then we can call them out. Plus their fans are getting tired of some of the shit games they are having to pay to attend. Make ourselves worthy and we'll see what happens. Nothing guarantees it but I think our only way to get any type of serious series going again greatly depends on us winning at a high level.
I don't follow lsu much but their fans seem loud, dumb, and powerful. A season or two of Tulane in the top25 and their own fans will do the work for TD.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:46 pm Hullabaloo-If we win that then we can call them out. Plus their fans are getting tired of some of the shit games they are having to pay to attend.
+1, the last time LSU played Western Kentucky they had about 35,000 empty seats. I was offered 3 tickets for free by a LSU fan to the WKU game and turned him down. And, LSU can make them pay for crappy games, they just can't make them show-up for crappy games.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Man i miss the Tulane LSU games. . . . Its like Homecoming on steroids
Profoundwizard
Swell

I just don’t see a scenario where there’s much upside for LSU to play us
Wave755
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:04 pm I just don’t see a scenario where there’s much upside for LSU to play us
Most likely the next time we play them will be in a bowl game, a game they cannot "find a way out of." If We have an up year, they have another 5-5 type year - Bingo, the Pussies have to play us for an SEC tie-in/affiliated Birmingham Bowl. :D 🙌
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I think the door is open to make something happen with LSU’s newish AD. It would have been more likely if TD had left - If only Arnie was AD 😉
nawlinspete
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:28 pm I think the door is open to make something happen with LSU’s newish AD. It would have been more likely if TD had left - If only Arnie was AD 😉
lsu's current AD has stated multiple times to any and all who ask that they WILL NOT PLAY AT COW/DICK and will not schedule us unless it is in red stick . Tulane can take it or leave it .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:28 pm I think the door is open to make something happen with LSU’s newish AD. It would have been more likely if TD had left - If only Arnie was AD 😉
I think it is stiil 4 for 1 and our 1 will have to be in the Dome? Let's forget about LSWho (USN&WR no. 153, w/ 75% acceptance rate - https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/lo ... rouge-2010) for a while and continue to improve, make progress and move forward under WF for getting our own house in order.
👍
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

For as much as Tulane fans, etc. focus on that school up the river, they don't even give us a second thought. For real, there is no incentive or desire for them to play us, especially in football, and the minority who want to see that matchup/rivalry return is getting smaller each year.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
ajcalhoun
Swell

I think Texas and OU going to the SEC really hurts any chances we had of playing LSU again. They are talking about going to nine conference games.
God Bless Everyone!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I have played LSU for what 120 years ? It seems absolutely ludicrous for them to turn down a 2 for 1 with the 1 game being in the dome ans essentially still being a home game.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

With the SEC super conference, the LSU train has left the station—for good.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
IM42lane
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:31 pm With the SEC super conference, the LSU train has left the station—for good.
I agree. I personally do not care if we play/not play LSU in any sport for time eternity.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
IM42lane
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:37 pm I think Texas and OU going to the SEC really hurts any chances we had of playing LSU again. They are talking about going to nine conference games.
Wholeheartedly AGREE!!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
greenie78
Riptide

If we make the Peach Bowl, we could play them.

Also if we get to move conferences, it will help our chances.
RobertM320
Green Wave

greenie78 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:06 pm If we make the Peach Bowl, we could play them.

Also if we get to move conferences, it will help our chances.
If somehow, someway, we end up in a Power conference, and we continue to win, the drumbeat will increase, and they won't have a legit argument NOT to play us.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson