Updated ESPN FPI

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

ESPN now has us rated 48th after corrections were made to their initial ratings' errors , right in between Tennessee rated at 47 and Purdue rated at 49 .

Only two AAC rated ahead of us , Cincinnati and UCF .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Dave breslin
Swell

👍. I believe it is world’s ahead of the old CJ days. Want it to be in the top twenty. Not the bottom 20 like the Cowdick regime. Now—-get ⚾️Back to where it should be!!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I hope we can live up to that ranking. The SMU check book is smoking. I just had a SMU alum text me--they just got their second 4-star commitment, a DB, in less than a week. It will be interesting to see what impact the money machines have on the ability of schools to get their commitments to the signing line. I can see where in the final week or two before signing day, open bidding wars breakout for some recruits.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:04 pm
I hope we can live up to that ranking. The SMU check book is smoking. I just had a SMU alum text me--they just got their second 4-star commitment, a DB, in less than a week. It will be interesting to see what impact the money machines have on the ability of schools to get their commitments to the signing line. I can see where in the final week or two before signing day, open bidding wars breakout for some recruits.
The first thing I mentioned was that SMU will rise to the top. Going to be like the Eric Dickerson Pony Express days for them. With the $$$ they can pass around they going to be a Top 10 program sooner than we think. Add them to Houston for MBB because they going to eat steak to on road trips.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:13 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:04 pm
The first thing I mentioned was that SMU will rise to the top. Going to be like the Eric Dickerson Pony Express days for them. With the $$$ they can pass around they going to be a Top 10 program sooner than we think. Add them to Houston for MBB because they going to eat steak to on road trips.
U can bet that all UH teams on the road, will eat wherever Tillman Fertitta has a dining establishment. He owns 500 of them so finding one will not be difficult, and the cost will be negligible
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:09 pm 👍. I believe it is world’s ahead of the old CJ days. Want it to be in the top twenty. Not the bottom 20 like the Cowdick regime. Now—-get ⚾️Back to where it should be!!!!
+1. Only two ranked ahead of us in the conference yet we have people so scared of this schedule. Let's not only live up to this ranking but better it. Our fan base deserves it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
oliveandblue
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:50 am ESPN now has us rated 48th after corrections were made to their initial ratings' errors , right in between Tennessee rated at 47 and Purdue rated at 49 .

Only two AAC rated ahead of us , Cincinnati and UCF .
If I were Tennessee, I would be super pissed that I'm one place above Tulane considering what I spend.

That program is a colossal money waster - they should be Top 15 every season.