Baseball adds two pitchers, Grad transfers

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:06 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:40 pm It’s still a big deal that all walk-ons have to meet the admissions standards of a normal student. That’s 8/35 players, almost 25% of the roster that we are at a big recruiting disadvantage with due to academics
Absolutely then times that by 3 to 4 years of players. It adds up.
A guy like Jon Kaplan wouldn’t get consideration today and countless others that took a few years to blossom.
Like I said it's no different than football where all those many players over 85 have to meet university requirements.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:58 pm
Pepper wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:25 pm I heard Kendall Rogers from D-1 Baseball on ESPNU radio yesterday. They asked him about private schools being at a disadvantage and his response was those schools are now figuring out ways financially to become competitive and it's no longer an issue. Ironically, he said Tulane was slow to get with it but now have measures in place to help those families financially. He was then asked did that also mean academically. His response was Tulane and Notre Dame still have not made exceptions. Very interesting.

FB and Basketball get exceptions but not baseball.
A couple of years ago (under Jewett)
I had an excellent Freshman baseball recruit that wanted to go to Tulane but he scored a 24 ACT had no shot. Coach told me with a 27/28 ACT he may be able to get in.
I believe Tulane avg admissions is now 31-33 ACT
Total BS. Used to be football and basketball got exemptions when Tulane had raised standards for athletes. Then a decade ago that changed and there are no exemptions because they are not needed as scholarship athletes only need meet NCAA minimums.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:58 pm TPS give it up. Your arguing with an imbecile. Don’t let him bring you down to his level of intelligence. The guy is a buffoon. He’s clueless and hates Rick Jones and his tree.
Says the fool that got taken in yet again. Our scholarship baseball players don't have to meet higher standards as you and tps tried to claim.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:31 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:40 pm It’s still a big deal that all walk-ons have to meet the admissions standards of a normal student. That’s 8/35 players, almost 25% of the roster that we are at a big recruiting disadvantage with due to academics
No different than football. All programs have only 85 scholarships yet have over 100 players. Those players have to meet university requirements.
It’s a lot different.
27 scholarship players in baseball, you don’t have much margin for error.
In football with 85 scholarships you can get through the season with much less dependence on walk-ons
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:49 pm
No different than football. All programs have only 85 scholarships yet have over 100 players. Those players have to meet university requirements.
It’s a lot different.
In football with 85 scholarships you can get through the season with much less dependence on walk-ons
No difference. Those last 8 in baseball don't provide much. Much ado about nothing. More importantly what people were arguing about was they thought our scholarship players had to meet higher standards based off what tps posted. They don't.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:55 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:49 pm

It’s a lot different.
No difference. Those last 8 in baseball don't provide much.
Definitely a difference. If you know that they don’t provide much then that means that you know which players aren’t on scholarship. You mind telling us which baseball players the past few seasons have been walk-ons?
Show Me
Tsunami

mba, Pepper, Kendal, Pete, billow, tps, Profoundwizard and others all “showed” once again what an a phony know-nothing poster winwave is on this board. Caught wrong again he attempts to create a change in the narrative and only digs himself deeper and deeper in his own BS.
Please answer the question from Profoundwizard. Can’t wait to see your bullshit pile go even higher.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Blow me with the premature ejaculation as usual. It's a holiday and I slept in.

The question doesn't change the fact of what this conversation was about which was that tps misled the board to think that our scholarship baseball players had to meet higher standards to get a baseball scholarship. I was right all along in saying that is not the case. As to your question that information isn't given out in baseball like it is in football where a player is listed as a walk-on. So like everyone else I would have to guess who they are. Sometimes you have an unexpected one such as the second baseman we had a few seasons ago who was offered baseball money but his father had money and knew the limitations on scholarship money and told the coach he would pay his sons way. My guess is on this years team the 8 would have been Grintz, Ball, Szynki, Kneuppel,Valigosky, Bihm, Thompson and Yanoshik.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:07 am Blow me with the premature ejaculation as usual. It's a holiday and I slept in.

The question doesn't change the fact of what this conversation was about which was that tps misled the board to think that our scholarship baseball players had to meet higher standards to get a baseball scholarship. I was right all along in saying that is not the case. As to your question that information isn't given out in baseball like it is in football where a player is listed as a walk-on. So like everyone else I would have to guess who they are. Sometimes you have an unexpected one such as the second baseman we had a few seasons ago who was offered baseball money but his father had money and knew the limitations on scholarship money and told the coach he would pay his sons way. My guess is on this years team the 8 would have been Grintz, Ball, Szynki, Kneuppel,Valigosky, Bihm, Thompson and Yanoshik.
Quit with the misled bullshit. You were proven wrong when I provided an actual conversation gave an real life example of why Kendal Rogers said what he said. Never said scholarships. The kid was trying to get a spot the team his parents were willing to pay. Tulane had no baseball money available it was committed. Quit changing what I said. I can’t make it any clearer. Everyone else gets it (even Pete) but you. Of course you get it also but that would mean you’re wrong about Kendal Rogers saying we still have academic challenges.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:13 am
winwave wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:07 am Blow me with the premature ejaculation as usual. It's a holiday and I slept in.

Quit with the misled bullshit. You were proven wrong when I provided an actual conversation gave an real life example of why Kendal Rogers said what he said.
Quit avoiding admitting you were wrong to mislead some here to thinking our scholarship baseball players had to meet higher standards to get a scholarship. They don't.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:17 am

Quit with the misled bullshit. You were proven wrong when I provided an actual conversation gave an real life example of why Kendal Rogers said what he said.
Quit avoiding admitting you were wrong to mislead some here to thinking our scholarship baseball players had to meet higher standards to get a scholarship. They don't.
You’re hilarious. You were proven wrong. You were misled by your own beliefs. Even Pete gets it. Everyone else understands my example. Nobody is arguing scholarships. We all know is that there is an “athletic admissions” for scholarship athletes.
The difference is non-scholarship athletes. You understand but can’t admit to being wrong. So you pretend to “be misled”. Ok we all get it. :lol: :mrgreen:

So is Kendal Rogers wrong?
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:21 am
winwave wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:17 am
You’re hilarious. You were proven wrong. You were misled by your own beliefs. Even Pete gets it. Everyone else understands my example. Nobody is arguing scholarships. We all know is that there is an “athletic admissions” for scholarship athletes.
The difference is non-scholarship athletes. You understand but can’t admit to being wrong. So you pretend to “be misled”. Ok we all get it. :lol: :mrgreen:

So is Kendal Rogers wrong?
You're full of shit. People took your post and said our scholarship baseball players needed to meet higher standards to get in. They don't. You've never admitted you were wrong before and I don't expect you will now. As to those not getting baseball money it's no revelation that they have to meet the university standards. Always been that way and always will be. Nothing can be done about that.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Nobody took my post to mean that but you. You understand but can’t admit to being wrong. I gave an example of it. So you pretend to “be misled”. Ok we all get it.
We all want to know is Kendal Rogers wrong?
You started all of this nonsense calling him wrong.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tot BS. It was others you misled the thinking that our scholarship players had to meet higher standards. It’s what all the back and forth was about plain as day. As to KR no one knows what he meant from such a brief comment. I simply pointed out that he was as wrong if he’s saying Tulane hasn’t made academic changes to accommodate sports. We now accept athletes at minimum standards and created athlete friendly majors. ND hasn’t done that.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:09 pm Tot BS. It was others you misled the thinking that our scholarship players had to meet higher standards. It’s what all the back and forth was about plain as day. As to KR no one knows what he meant from such a brief comment. I simply pointed out that he was as wrong if he’s saying Tulane hasn’t made academic changes to accommodate sports. We now accept athletes at minimum standards and created athlete friendly majors. ND hasn’t done that.
There you go again. I answered Pepper and you jumped in. I explained it very well with example that (even Pete understood).

You’re wrong. Kendal is right. I proved it for all to see.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

The left side of winwave’s brain misled his right side. Please excuse him. :roll:
Profoundwizard
Swell

Bihm was the 12th ranked player in Louisiana by Perfect game for 2020 class and was at one point committed to Mississippi State. So probably wrong on that one.
Grintz was our highest ranked signee in the 2019 class according to Perfect Game at #339 in the nation, so probably wrong on that too.
Yanoshik, Kneuppel and Valigosky are probably good guesses.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:19 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:09 pm Tot BS. It was others you misled the thinking that our scholarship players had to meet higher standards. It’s what all the back and forth was about plain as day. As to KR no one knows what he meant from such a brief comment. I simply pointed out that he was as wrong if he’s saying Tulane hasn’t made academic changes to accommodate sports. We now accept athletes at minimum standards and created athlete friendly majors. ND hasn’t done that.
There you go again. I answered Pepper and you jumped in. I explained it very well with example that (even Pete understood).

You’re wrong. Kendal is right. I proved it for all to see.
As usual you won't admit you were wrong and misled many here. You could have stepped in early and said you were sorry for confusing them and that you were talking about non-scholarship players not our scholarship ones. yet you let it go on for several pages because you can't admit you were wrong.

I was right and Kendall was wrong.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:21 pm The left side of winwave’s brain misled his right side. Please excuse him. :roll:
At least I have a brain.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:29 pm

Bihm was the 12th ranked player in Louisiana by Perfect game for 2020 class and was at one point committed to Mississippi State. So probably wrong on that one.
Grintz was our highest ranked signee in the 2019 class according to Perfect Game at #339 in the nation, so probably wrong on that too.
So you don't know either.
Pepper
Swell

Just let it go. Can you imagine living with this guy!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No I can't imagine living with tps.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:54 pm

I never claimed to know. You’re the one who said definitively that the walk-ons don’t contribute much
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave in search of a brain.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:45 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:54 pm
I never claimed to know. You’re the one who said definitively that the walk-ons don’t contribute much
None of the names there did. There's always exceptions like the former player I mentioned.
Last edited by winwave on Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.