Baseball adds two pitchers, Grad transfers

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Walker Brockhouse from Memphis
Overall #’s in 2021 ERA 6.15, innings 33.2, Hits 25, Earned Runs 23
Walks 27, Strikeouts 55

Cam Vanhoorebeke from Lehigh
Didn’t play in 2021
2020 #s
4.26 ERA. 12.2 innings, 17 hits , 2 Walks and 11 strikeouts

nawlinspete
Riptide

This is a joke , isn't it ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Profoundwizard
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:11 pm This is a joke , isn't it ?
Deathly serious
rollinggreen
High Tide

Wow. Just wow. Pathetic!
gbgreenie
Surge

rollinggreen wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:23 pm Wow. Just wow. Pathetic!
Really 27 walks in 33 innings, control problems, second one did not play last year. Wow, totally sad!!!
gbgreenie
Surge

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:31 pm Walker Brockhouse from Memphis
Overall #’s in 2021 ERA 6.15, innings 33.2, Hits 25, Earned Runs 23
Walks 27, Strikeouts 55
3.16.17 - Unsigned senior, 6-foot-4, 180-pound right-handed pitcher. Tall and fall delivery, two-piece arm action, separates down with cup action, high ¾ slot. Fastball sat 81-83 mph, touched 85 mph. Curveball has 11/5 shape, 71 mph. Showed sinking changeup, works well to arm side, showcased mostly to left-handed hitters, 74 mph.

Didn’t play in 2021
2020 #s
2020 (JUNIOR SEASON)
Made an appearance on the mound in four games on the season...pitched two shutout innings at Richmond (2/22) with a strikeout...made the start in the final game of the year at FDU (3/10), scattering six hits and just one earned run over six strong innings with seven strikeouts...named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.

2019 (SOPHOMORE SEASON)
Made seven appearances early in the season before missing the remainder of the year due to injury...was a mid-week starter for the Mountain Hawks, his best start coming at Delaware (3/26), going 3.2 innings, allowing just two runs on two hits with seven strikeouts on 80 pitches...named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.

2018 (FRESHMAN SEASON)
Made two appearances, both out of the bullpen…tossed a season-high 2.0 innings with two strikeouts against Delaware (4/11)…named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.

If this is the best we can get Jewett has thrown in the towel!!!
51WaveBG
High Tide

Forrest Gump said it best. "Stupid is as stupid does." Why is TJ still @ TU?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Clearly looks like they are scrounging.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

These are grad transfers. I would think they are not costing us any scholly money.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

How would they not cost us scholarship money?
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Scholarship money or not, they will cost us wins. Pathetic is an understatement. Dannen may not see the obvious, but capable recruits apparently do. TJ's reputation has spread through the recruiting ranks, even if it hasn't made it to Dannen's office yet.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
RobertM320
Green Wave

gbgreenie wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:58 pm
Really 27 walks in 33 innings, control problems, second one did not play last year. Wow, totally sad!!!
Kevin Gainwell didn't play football for Memphis last year. He chose to opt out, as did other players across the country. Doesn't make him a bad player, does it? Do you happen to know WHY the kid from Lehigh didn't play last year, or are you just making an assumption?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:39 am Scholarship money or not, they will cost us wins. Pathetic is an understatement. Dannen may not see the obvious, but capable recruits apparently do. TJ's reputation has spread through the recruiting ranks, even if it hasn't made it to Dannen's office yet.
What I'm getting at is that not only do they look like poor transfers but they will certainly will cost us scholarship money too.
Profoundwizard
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:41 am
Kevin Gainwell didn't play football for Memphis last year. He chose to opt out, as did other players across the country. Doesn't make him a bad player, does it? Do you happen to know WHY the kid from Lehigh didn't play last year, or are you just making an assumption?
KENNY Gainwell put up good numbers the year prior to opting out. Kid at Lehigh has several years of bad results. Do you think the Lehigh pitcher will do well for us?
I can see him possibly being a walk-on I guess but I would expect that Brockhouse is getting scholarship money.
rollinggreen
High Tide

Any Tulane fan happy with this is delusional!
gbgreenie
Surge

Profoundwizard wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:21 pm

KENNY Gainwell put up good numbers the year prior to opting out. Kid at Lehigh has several years of bad results. Do you think the Lehigh pitcher will do well for us?
I can see him possibly being a walk-on I guess but I would expect that Brockhouse is getting scholarship money.
You should have read my post the Lehigh kid has not played much in 3 years.
Didn’t play in 2021
2020 #s
2020 (JUNIOR SEASON)
Made an appearance on the mound in four games on the season...pitched two shutout innings at Richmond (2/22) with a strikeout...made the start in the final game of the year at FDU (3/10), scattering six hits and just one earned run over six strong innings with seven strikeouts...named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.

2019 (SOPHOMORE SEASON)
Made seven appearances early in the season before missing the remainder of the year due to injury...was a mid-week starter for the Mountain Hawks, his best start coming at Delaware (3/26), going 3.2 innings, allowing just two runs on two hits with seven strikeouts on 80 pitches...named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.

2018 (FRESHMAN SEASON)
Made two appearances, both out of the bullpen…tossed a season-high 2.0 innings with two strikeouts against Delaware (4/11)…named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

and to additional insult,.TJ's big extension/retention, "he's back" announcement, will be this week...stay tuned
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:32 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:21 pm

You should have read my post the Lehigh kid has not played much in 3 years.
Didn’t play in 2021
2020 #s
2020 (JUNIOR SEASON)

2019 (SOPHOMORE SEASON)

2018 (FRESHMAN SEASON)

I'm with you on this gb. Worse than throwing in the towel, these additions prove that Jewett can't attract flies when it comes to talent. We probably just had our closest run at a Regional--AAC competition will feed on these guys.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:53 am and to additional insult,.TJ's big extension/retention, "he's back" annouincment will be this week...stay tuned
I think I'm going to throw up. Time to start cutting back on all Tulane donations--and when the invariable questions come about why, I'll point to our do-nothing AD. It's a race between whether Dannen can find a new job before (as Jim Morrison once said) "the whole s#it house goes up".
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:39 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:53 am and to additional insult,.TJ's big extension/retention, "he's back" announcement will be this week...stay tuned
I think I'm going to throw up. Time to start cutting back on all Tulane donations--and when the invariable questions come about why, I'll point to our do-nothing AD. It's a race between whether Dannen can find a new job before (as Jim Morrison once said) "the whole s#it house goes up".
H-Town...ya know he has to be retained, or these transfers would not have been recruited-reported-admitted to school
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:59 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:53 am and to additional insult,.TJ's big extension/retention, "he's back" announcement will be this week...stay tuned
H-Town...ya know he has to be retained, or these transfers would not have been recruited-reported-admitted to school
No doubt. Another year or two of Tulane baseball in the Twilight Zone.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:29 am

I can envision Rod Serling now, cigarette in hand, introducing the TV audience to this weeks Twilight Zone episode.. "Tulane, baseball, it use to be Major League"....
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:34 am I'm with you on this gb. Worse than throwing in the towel, these additions prove that Jewett can't attract flies when it comes to talent. We probably just had our closest run at a Regional--AAC competition will feed on these guys.
Chase Engelhard
Bennett Lee
Jacob Laprairie
Zach DeVito

That's a pretty good group of true Frosh that just contributed in a big way. It could be argued that Lee's injuries took away the regular season title, and severely hampered the AAC Tourney.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Profoundwizard
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:35 am
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:34 am I'm with you on this gb. Worse than throwing in the towel, these additions prove that Jewett can't attract flies when it comes to talent. We probably just had our closest run at a Regional--AAC competition will feed on these guys.
Chase Engelhard
Bennett Lee
Jacob Laprairie
Zach DeVito

That's a pretty good group of true Frosh that just contributed in a big way. It could be argued that Lee's injuries took away the regular season title, and severely hampered the AAC Tourney.
I guess you’re right D. Jewett is doing a great job.
Devito’s 6.91 ERA was just phenomenal
Profoundwizard
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:29 am

We could be stuck with him long term. With all the youth/newcomers that we will be relying on next year, you know Dannen won’t be firing him for missing the postseason again.