SCOTUS puts kill shot to NCAA's defense of amateurism with NIL

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:46 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:27 pm Trickle down will happen.
Not really. The few 5 stars will get it but not the guys down the line.
Speaking of the line, I bet non-descript lineman will average at least $500K in annual financial payments at the P5 schools, and that may be a gross underestimate.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOL. Not happening en masse. A 5 star LT may get some $ but not non-descript linemen. This is why many coaches at the top schools are hating this because they fear the fracture in the locker room.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:02 pm LOL. Not happening en masse. A 5 star LT may get some $ but not non-descript linemen. This is why many coaches at the top schools are hating this because they fear the fracture in the locker room.
That's exactly why the coaching staffs and schools are going to have to make sure that the Big Uglies get some payments. $500K/year may be comparative chump change, but a college player can carve out a pretty good life for himself for four or five years with that. I see the P5s providing a base level of payments for most, if not all, of their schollie players.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Love ya HW but you may want to cut back on the hallucinogenics.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Texas high school top recruit forgoes senior year and decommitts from UT enrolls at Ohio St to be eligible for NIL money. Apparently Texas blocks high school kids from profiting on their likeness etc.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/quinn-ew ... ohio-state
“Over the past few weeks, following Texas' UIL informing me I would be prohibited from profiting off my own name, image, and likeness, I've taken time to think about what lies ahead of me, both in the short and long term," Ewers wrote. "It's unfortunate I've found myself in this situation, as my preference would have been to complete my senior season at Southlake Carroll along with the teammates and friends I've taken the field alongside for the past three years."
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:49 am Texas high school top recruit forgoes senior year and decommitts from UT enrolls at Ohio St to be eligible for NIL money. Apparently Texas blocks high school kids from profiting on their likeness etc.
“Over the past few weeks, following Texas' UIL informing me I would be prohibited from profiting off my own name, image, and likeness, I've taken time to think about what lies ahead of me, both in the short and long term," Ewers wrote. "It's unfortunate I've found myself in this situation, as my preference would have been to complete my senior season at Southlake Carroll along with the teammates and friends I've taken the field alongside for the past three years."
Texas and other state laws will have to change to accommodate NIL, even at the high school level. Agents will be signing up high school students--they already used to under the table. NIL is going to spread like Variant D.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:39 am
tpstulane wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:49 am Texas high school top recruit forgoes senior year and decommitts from UT enrolls at Ohio St to be eligible for NIL money. Apparently Texas blocks high school kids from profiting on their likeness etc.
Texas and other state laws will have to change to accommodate NIL, even at the high school level. Agents will be signing up high school students--they already used to under the table. NIL is going to spread like Variant D.
Exactly. Especially if they start losing their top recruits to more friendly states because of it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981