Corey Gloor is the New Voice of the Wave

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:30 am
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:24 am expect an announcment no later than the end of the week...do not be surprised if it is a double announcment..PBP and a 2 year extension for TJ
Madness, as far as the TJ extension. A massive flip off to the Tulane baseball fans.
One thing is for sure, the PBP person will be announced...the extension, is not set in stone.... a few $$$ donors are having their say, some want a short extension, others want him gone...... I volunteered to coach for Free, via zoom, but was rejected
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:12 am Man, maybe Graff could get the Saints pbp and do Tulane baseball in the offseason?

Another possibility would be Gus Kattengell. Not the greatest, but at least a NOLA tie in, who actually likes covering Tulane. He's did Women's BB and also filled in for Graff at times on Baseball.

Would definitely be ok with Trahan as well.
Gus would be good. I think since the way it’s set up with IMG in control we probably going to get another outsider. :oops:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:12 am Man, maybe Graff could get the Saints pbp and do Tulane baseball in the offseason?

Another possibility would be Gus Kattengell. Not the greatest, but at least a NOLA tie in, who actually likes covering Tulane. He's did Women's BB and also filled in for Graff at times on Baseball.

Fuck Kattengill. He used to openly bash and laugh at Tulane athletics on the air. Then realized no matter how much he worshipped LSU on air he had no chance of moving up with them and had a chance to earn some dollars at Tulane.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:05 am

Fuck Kattengill. He used to openly bash and laugh at Tulane athletics on the air. Then realized no matter how much he worshipped LSU on air he had no chance of moving up with them and had a chance to earn some dollars at Tulane.
Along with all of that, Gus is just not good at the job. Anyone who’s heard fill in for the occasional baseball game knows how bad he is.
DrBox
Riptide

Tell us how you really feel, Win!
He also quit as Tulane's WBB announcer.
What about Grubbs; I thought he called a good game, but does have a gratery voice. I think he's with the Wichita AAA team now.
Last edited by DrBox on Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Profoundwizard
Swell

DrBox wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:46 am Tell us how you really feel, Win!
He also quit as Tulane's WBB announcer.
Good. I can’t believe anyone actually liked him
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I think anyone local would be better than what we probably going to get. Ron Swoboda would be good for baseball but I don’t know about FB or BB. And I’m not sure he’d want it because of all the travel involved.
We’ll get some “greenhorn” I’m sure. :mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

No Berthelot,
No Trahan
No Kattengill

All third rate with jobs on tiny stations!!

Someone one PROFESSIONAL sounding with the ability to have a range of emotions and SOME connection to Tulane…

I get so frustrated with Tulane as they seem to do only the bare minimums when it comes to athletics…just enough to get a passing grade of D!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TURVS71 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:50 am No Berthelot,
No Trahan
No Kattengill

All third rate with jobs on tiny stations!!

Someone one PROFESSIONAL sounding with the ability to have a range of emotions and SOME connection to Tulane…

I get so frustrated with Tulane as they seem to do only the bare minimums when it comes to athletics…just enough to get a passing grade of D!!
I think Berthelot is happy working for ESPN, minimum travel, living large in Metry, and he does not have to put with peole on gotula.net !...not sure what trahan is actually up to, and have zero idea of who kattengill is
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Trahan is professional. He also has run the QB Club luncheons for years and they are always well put on.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

My first choice would be Ken Trahan as Voice of the Wave. If we are going local I am throwing a new name out there for consideration. I believe his first name is Jude (do not know his last name) and he is the Voice of the UNO Privateers. When Tulane played UNO in baseball this past season I switched back and forth between the UNO and Tulane stations. I listened to the UNO guy about 80 percent of the time and Andrew Allegretta with Tulane only about 20 percent of the time. The UNO guy was much better at calling the baseball game than Allegretta.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:33 pm Allegreta took the Vandy job.
Last year Vandy finished the football season 0-8, but they have a "girl field goal kicker"? :clap:

Have fun at Vandy, Andrew! :thumbup:
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave755 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:54 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:33 pm Allegreta took the Vandy job.
Last year Vandy finished the football season 0-8, but they have a "girl field goal kicker"? :clap:

Have fun at Vandy, Andrew! :thumbup:
Wait until Vandy finds out how bad he is calling the one sport they're really good in.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Corey Gloor:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2021/6 ... EE.twitter

Baseball fans should be happy as that's what he did for ECU.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I’m told me we’re going to be very happy. Cory will buy in to Tulane and NOLA. I trust my source 100%.

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2021/6 ... etics.aspx
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:51 am I’m told me we’re going to be very happy. Cory will buy in to Tulane and NOLA. I trust my source 100%.

all things considered , looks ot be a solid additiion, he has experience within the AAC and has some background at TCU....his 1st assignment, telling everyone of TJ's lifetime contract
winwave
Top of the WAVE

What are your thoughts on how important this position is now . With so many games on ESPN+ when they aren't on an ESPN network station it seems the people calling those games will get heard more than the radio voice.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:16 am
tpstulane wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:51 am I’m told me we’re going to be very happy. Cory will buy in to Tulane and NOLA. I trust my source 100%.

all things considered , looks ot be a solid additiion, he has experience within the AAC and has some background at TCU....his 1st assignment, telling everyone of TJ's lifetime contract
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

:-o :-o Oh the horror!! If so, Cory will have to be very creative during his Tulane baseball broadcasts to make chicken salad out of chicken s#it--it will be a tall task.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Background and sound clips:

https://www.coreygloor.com/
winwave
Top of the WAVE

More to be heard here:

HoustonWave
Tsunami

Interesting how his deeper radio voice belies his youthful appearance. Sounds like he'll be a significant upgrade over Allegretto as far as enthusiasm goes.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Cory's sound clips sound as if he is capable of excitement, unlike his predecessor.

I heard a rumor that Allegratta will be working at Oschner as an anesthesiologist. This is a good position for him. His football broadcasts would put anyone into a deep-sleep stupor.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:34 pm Cory's sound clips sound as if he is capable of excitement, unlike his predecessor.

I heard a rumor that Allegratta will be working at Oschner as an anesthesiologist. This is a good position for him. His football broadcasts would put anyone into a deep-sleep stupor.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:52 pm

:-o :-o Oh the horror!! If so, Cory will have to be very creative during his Tulane baseball broadcasts to make chicken salad out of chicken s#it--it will be a tall task.
I think ole Cory will soon learn of the benefits of red and green tabasco sauce....