Corey Gloor is the New Voice of the Wave

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Allegreta took the Vandy job.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:33 pm Allegreta took the Vandy job.
Bring back Berthelot (sp?)!!

I won't miss Allegreta at all.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow. Nobody can replace Graff but I’d take Ken Trahan if he wanted the job.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:45 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:33 pm Allegreta took the Vandy job.
Bring back Berthelot (sp?)!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tulane "catch phrase "Tulane, We are NOLA built' this needs to be added..."but we don't wanna hire anyone with ties to nola, previous players or employees"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:59 pm Tulane "catch phrase "Tulane, We are NOLA built' this needs to be added..."but we don't wanna hire anyone with ties to nola, previous players or employees"
Excellent point!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:59 pm Tulane "catch phrase "Tulane, We are NOLA built' this needs to be added..."but we don't wanna hire anyone with ties to nola, previous players or employees"
:lol:
capwave
High Tide

Congratulations to him. But I am happy for this change.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Exactly. We now have two athletic positions that could readily be filled by Tulane affiliated people, and Dannen keeps fishing.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Speaking of fishing, Allegreta always seemed like a fish outa water at Tulane. Apparently he may have felt that way as well.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yeah I totally agree. Good luck, but I don’t think anyone will miss him. Soooo boring and no allegiance (which I understand as a hired gun trying to work his way up). He did seem out of place here, glad we can all move on
Wave Fan
Low Tide

Good move for him and a good move for us. I alway thought he wasn’t comfortable with baseball pbp.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Now if we only had an A.D. to make the right hire!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
nawlinspete
Riptide

What would it take to get Graff back ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:15 pm What would it take to get Graff back ?
Naming him AD, for a start
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

here is sum info....Allegreta accepted the Vandy job almost two weeks ago....IMG will have a 75 percent say as to whom is the next "voice"...8 have already interviewed, currently there are 4 leaders in the club house barring any unfoseen issues a decsion will most likely be made from those 4
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

This dude has a great agent. He was the absolute epitome of average.
anEngineer
Riptide

I wonder if the new person knows how much the regulars here will hate him.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:48 pm Wow. Nobody can replace Graff but I’d take Ken Trahan if he wanted the job.
Trahan would be a good choice.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
torbida
Surge

The original Vandy play by play guy resigned because of he was under the influence on a coaches show.AA was bland and difficultto listen to.I hope someone with Tulane ties will be hired but it'll probably be another Tulanian screw up.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Sounds like Tulane and Dannen have largely outsourced the decision to IMG. So the chances that it’s someone with Tulane ties is probably pretty low.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:31 am Sounds like Tulane and Dannen have largely outsourced the decision to IMG. So the chances that it’s someone with Tulane ties is probably pretty low.
I am told out of the final 4, one has ties to metro nola...one to an SEC school and the other two are from "out of the area".....
RobertM320
Green Wave

Man, maybe Graff could get the Saints pbp and do Tulane baseball in the offseason?

Another possibility would be Gus Kattengell. Not the greatest, but at least a NOLA tie in, who actually likes covering Tulane. He's did Women's BB and also filled in for Graff at times on Baseball.

Would definitely be ok with Trahan as well.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

expect an announcment no later than the end of the week...do not be surprised if it is a double announcment..PBP and a 2 year extension for TJ
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:24 am expect an announcment no later than the end of next week...do not be surprised if it is a double announcment..PBP and a 2 year extension for TJ
Madness, as far as the TJ extension. A massive flip off to the Tulane baseball fans.