What’s worse

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Dannen giving Jewett the contract extension or Dannen being too much of a coward to announce it publicly?

HoustonWave
Tsunami

Great question. Undoubtedly one leads to the other. Dannen’s silence, no matter which way his Jewett decision goes, shows no respect for Tulane’s baseball fan base, or Tulane’s baseball players. Everyone stays in limbo. Further evidence that Dannen just doesn’t care about baseball.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
gbgreenie
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:42 pm Great question. Undoubtedly one leads to the other. Dannen’s silence, no matter which way his Jewett decision goes, shows no respect for Tulane’s baseball fan base, or Tulane’s baseball players. Everyone stays in limbo. Further evidence that Dannen just doesn’t care about baseball.
Get a freakin life guys you beat each other up why??? Nothing you say will change anything. I don't spend 24/7 wondering if and when Dannen makes a decision on Jewett. He has a life so let it be. I am sure an announcement will happen soon enough. If he fires Jewett, Dannen will decide who the next coach is no any of you. Reading this board is so depression for us fans and does not look good for recruits or families let it be until any announcement then make your opinions know.
Profoundwizard
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:16 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:42 pm Great question. Undoubtedly one leads to the other. Dannen’s silence, no matter which way his Jewett decision goes, shows no respect for Tulane’s baseball fan base, or Tulane’s baseball players. Everyone stays in limbo. Further evidence that Dannen just doesn’t care about baseball.
Get a freakin life guys you beat each other up why??? Nothing you say will change anything. I don't spend 24/7 wondering if and when Dannen makes a decision on Jewett. He has a life so let it be. I am sure an announcement will happen soon enough. If he fires Jewett, Dannen will decide who the next coach is no any of you. Reading this board is so depression for us fans and does not look good for recruits or families let it be until any announcement then make your opinions know.
Who’s beating each other up? What the fuck are you talking about?

If you don’t care if Dannen fires Jewett or announces an extension then good for you. I care more about Tulane baseball than you, that’s fine we all have our priorities. But don’t come on here and tell me to “let it be” the whole point of the message board is to voice your opinion. If my opinions are making your pussy hurt then you can take a break from the board.

Recruits and their families don’t care about the message board, if they did then nobody would ever play for LSU.
MicMan
Swell

I dunno, this is EXACTLY the place I'd expect to find people losing their sh-t over Tulane baseball, or anything else Greenie. Isn't that fan boards are for?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As I've always said these boards exist for three main reasons:

1- to get information- not a lot of that to be found
2-to celebrate our teams successes- not a lot of that either unfortunately
3-to vent- there's a lot to vent about
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

MicMan wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:45 pm I dunno, this is EXACTLY the place I'd expect to find people losing their sh-t over Tulane baseball, or anything else Greenie. Isn't that fan boards are for?
Well said! But I think we need to start pushing for Dannen being shown the door!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tnelly15
Riptide

When is the last time anyone saw or heard from Troy Dannen? Wasn’t he more accessible in the past
Sunamiwave
High Tide

tnelly15 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:23 pm When is the last time anyone saw or heard from Troy Dannen? Wasn’t he more accessible in the past
I sure wish we had Dr. Bryan Maggard, U LA LA’s athletic director, at Tulane. Today Dr. Maggard announced that Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center has pledged a $15 million dollar donation to renovate Cajun Field. Expected Cajun Field renovation costs are around $65 million. It looks like this project will be a reality in the near future. Meanwhile loser Troy Dannen has been the AD at Tulane for over five years now and he has done nothing of significance to improve our athletic infrastructure, I want Dr. Maggard to be the AD at Tulane. I believe Dr. Maggard is also the AD that hired Billy Napier at U LA LA. Dr. Maggard is the real deal whereas Troy Dannen is an empty suit.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Personally, I believe TU fans and alums deserve answers on baseball and a review of the athletic department at year end. What other multi million dollar business, with multiple stakeholders does not offer the same?
nawlinspete
Riptide

And let's not forget he wants out (Kansas) . President Fitts must acknowledge his mistake and relieve Dannen of his duties .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I think something does need to be said publicly.

I also think this ULL donation should warm the chair Troy is on. They are in a smaller market, with fewer affluent alumns and they are fundraising (and winning %) leagues above him. Thanks for getting us to mediocrity (which was a tall task), now we need to take the next step. Make it to the conference finals, top 25 ranking and football ops.

After that is winning the aac/making the playoff, renovate Yulman and build a new basketball arena.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Even ULL gets that it's about facilities:

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/ne ... ccda3.html
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:16 pm
No, the announcement hasn’t come soon enough—lots of people waiting—especially players and recruits. And as far as getting a life, I’d rather obsess over Tulane athletics in general, than a Carthage High School teenage QB—weird.
Show Me
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:46 pm I think something does need to be said publicly.

I also think this ULL donation should warm the chair Troy is on. They are in a smaller market, with fewer affluent alumns and they are fundraising (and winning %) leagues above him. Thanks for getting us to mediocrity (which was a tall task), now we need to take the next step. Make it to the conference finals, top 25 ranking and football ops.

After that is winning the aac/making the playoff, renovate Yulman and build a new basketball arena.
Troy Dannen has overstayed his welcome. Hard to think that only Tulane could hire an AD that has failed out fundraise Rick Dickson.
What’s interesting is that Dannen has decided to end a some of Tulane’s better events. First Pitch dinner baseball, Tulane Classic Golf Tournament and the Helluva Hullabaloo Auction just to new a few things off the top of my head.
I don’t get it.
gbgreenie
Surge

Show Me wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:21 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:46 pm I think something does need to be said publicly.

Troy Dannen has overstayed his welcome. Hard to think that only Tulane could hire an AD that has failed out fundraise Rick Dickson.
What’s interesting is that Dannen has decided to end a some of Tulane’s better events. First Pitch dinner baseball, Tulane Classic Golf Tournament and the Helluva Hullabaloo Auction just to new a few things off the top of my head.
I don’t get it.
Just a thought, Cajun Field at Our Lady Lourdes Stadium, Separation of Church and State??? Tax exempt dollars to a state institution???
gbgreenie
Surge

"Please stop making everything I say into your personal narrative of "we all really care about baseball and you don't". My commentary is not about baseball per se. It's more on the propensity of Tulane fans to assume the absolute worst about everything. A day or two, heck maybe a minute or two, after our season ended half the fans here had already given up hope that anything would happen, and that wasn't based on anything but an assumed knowledge of the thought process of our administration. It is a true shame that the history of Tulane athletics has had so many administrators - be they presidents or ADs or BOAs or some combination of the above - that have destroyed our programs by neglect or cluelessness or possibly even malicious intent, that people assume it will always be that way even when the current administration has shown, for the most part, they are better than that. I also get frustrated when certain fans think we ought to just drop athletics after a loss because we clearly don't care about anything, then praise everything and everyone involved after the very next game when we win (and this is for all sports, not baseball).

Yeah, it appears all those naysayers might be right about baseball not seeing changes this year, but in general no one knows what the heck is going on and since we're a private university, we may never get that info either. No one here knows what is going on with Troy Dannen right now, they just assume no news mean malicious intent or simple disinterest. Heck, maybe he wants Jewett fired and the Board told him no because we don't have the funds for his buyout right now (which, again, nobody knows a thing about because we're a private school) due to COVID deficits. Or maybe Dannen really likes Jewett because he helped plant flowers outside Wilson. Who knows? No one here (or at least no one who will say). It's one thing to be disappointed or even angry, it's another to make all these crazy leaps and assumptions about what is going on and who is making the decisions and why. Everyone assumes the worst and it's just... Well, okay, since you didn't like "comical", give me a better adjective, because you wouldn't like my other options."
MicMan
Swell

Have there been any announcements about activities surrounding the OK game? It's only the biggest game on campus since LSU 1973. The national attention of OK coming to Yulman and first full crowd since Covid will be huge. Tulane should prep like it's a bowl game, with massive on-campus activities, a day of Wearing of the Green, a parade to the stadium, pep rally and carnival midway, honoring TU football greats at midfield for the coin toss, etc. Will recruits be visiting? For Tulane it's the Super Bowl, national championship and a heavyweight title fight all rolled into one. I haven't gotten a single email or anything stoking expectations, inviting alums down, watch parties, etc. You'd think Tulane could negotiate charter flights from the bigger alum cities. But I haven't heard a much of anything.
ajcalhoun
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:34 am
gbgreenie wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:21 am Just a thought, Cajun Field at Our Lady Lourdes Stadium, Separation of Church and State??? Tax exempt dollars to a state institution???
Nobody complains when the money goes from the church to the state. It's the other way around that causes trouble.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:18 am
gbgreenie wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:34 am
gbgreenie wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:21 am Just a thought, Cajun Field at Our Lady Lourdes Stadium, Separation of Church and State??? Tax exempt dollars to a state institution???
Nobody complains when the money goes from the church to the state. It's the other way around that causes trouble.
just the "state" getting back it's dollars it should have gotten in the first damn place..if churches want to be tax free, then stay the fuk outta politics..want a voice in politcs, then pay your damn share
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:45 am
"Please stop making everything I say into your personal narrative of "we all really care about baseball and you don't". My commentary is not about baseball per se. It's more on the propensity of Tulane fans to assume the absolute worst about everything. A day or two, heck maybe a minute or two, after our season ended half the fans here had already given up hope that anything would happen, and that wasn't based on anything but an assumed knowledge of the thought process of our administration. It is a true shame that the history of Tulane athletics has had so many administrators - be they presidents or ADs or BOAs or some combination of the above - that have destroyed our programs by neglect or cluelessness or possibly even malicious intent, that people assume it will always be that way even when the current administration has shown, for the most part, they are better than that. I also get frustrated when certain fans think we ought to just drop athletics after a loss because we clearly don't care about anything, then praise everything and everyone involved after the very next game when we win (and this is for all sports, not baseball).

Yeah, it appears all those naysayers might be right about baseball not seeing changes this year, but in general no one knows what the heck is going on and since we're a private university, we may never get that info either. No one here knows what is going on with Troy Dannen right now, they just assume no news mean malicious intent or simple disinterest. Heck, maybe he wants Jewett fired and the Board told him no because we don't have the funds for his buyout right now (which, again, nobody knows a thing about because we're a private school) due to COVID deficits. Or maybe Dannen really likes Jewett because he helped plant flowers outside Wilson. Who knows? No one here (or at least no one who will say). It's one thing to be disappointed or even angry, it's another to make all these crazy leaps and assumptions about what is going on and who is making the decisions and why. Everyone assumes the worst and it's just... Well, okay, since you didn't like "comical", give me a better adjective, because you wouldn't like my other options."
gb, you’re going to have to decipher your treatise—it rambles and makes no sense. The point at hand is that most ADs make decisive decisions to fire or retain, or in this case simply not to renew. And they typically make that decision known immediately. It is ridiculous that Dannen is still under his rock on the baseball issue.
Profoundwizard
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:38 pm

gb, you’re going to have to decipher your treatise—it rambles and makes no sense. The point at hand is that most ADs make decisive decisions to fire or retain, or in this case simply not to renew. And they typically make that decision known immediately. It is ridiculous that Dannen is still under his rock on the baseball issue.
It makes no sense because gbgreenie copied and pasted word for word a post from YOGWF board.
GreenRiver
Ripple

GBGreenie - I'm pretty sure you're not PeteRasche from the other message board, so you should at least give him credit if you're going to copy and paste his post word for word.
Last edited by GreenRiver on Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just came home from an event that included media, coaches, players and fans of college sports and in particular baseball. In fact another poster here was also present. I was told that once LSU hires it’s next baseball coach you’re likely going to see millions poured into Alex Box to make it the best baseball facility in the country. Hard to believe that they feel it’s already outdated by SEC standards.
Heard they probably going to settle on Mike Bianco. Jake Gautreau maybe goes to Ole Miss as their new HC. Rumor was they offered Tim Corbin $3 million to leave Vandy but he hasn’t responded back.
Should be interesting to see once the College World Series is over.

Meanwhile Tulane baseball got new nets put in down the 1st base and 3rd base lines this past season.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

The new Alex Box is far below the stadiums at Arkansas and Mississippi St

I hope LSU does get Bianco. All the other options are better IMO. I bet Ole Miss would look at Godwin if that happens