AAC Athletic Director/Department Rankings

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

For a university like Tulane to be ranked that poorly requires decades of incompetence and ineptitude. It ain't easy getting ranked that low.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Show Me
Tsunami

This is unacceptable. What are Fitts and Dannen doing for Athletics?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Prez Fitts needs to clean house...TD needs to make his return to the upper midwest, and AD with nola-Tulane ties needs to be hired, an athletic dept staff from within the nola community needs to be put in place...... TJ needs to be released... Hunter needs to be given attainable "X" goals, or he can begin looking for his next gig.... fund raising for a refurbished expanded Fogelman needs to be put on the board...an answer for the westside of Yulman defined and excuted...a Football OP's building put in place....let donors see where their contributions are being used
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

Every time I read the angst over a particular coach or AD at Tulane, I have to chuckle. This is an institutional problem that only the institution can change. This has been the case since the mid 50s. Why would anybody expect any changes to occur that will make a difference. Relax and just be glad Tulane has an athletic program and accept the mediocrity. Your life will be much less stressful.
tufinal4
High Tide

UConn is in those rankings, that is a dated article
gbgreenie
Surge

tufinal4 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:52 am UConn is in those rankings, that is a dated article
What is your point nothing has changed in two years, lol Same facilities, same coaches, your point is mute.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:17 am
tufinal4 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:52 am UConn is in those rankings, that is a dated article
What is your point nothing has changed in two years, lol Same facilities, same coaches, your point is mute.
Some things have changed. Jewett has failed two more times to make a regional, and Dannen has failed two more years to raise a plug nickel.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
austxwave
High Tide

I don't disagree with many of the comments, but I would also take this rating system with a grain of salt. Anyone who took this survey and determined that quality of life in Memphis or Houston was better than New Orleans has a skewed vision in general.
gbgreenie
Surge

austxwave wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:12 pm I don't disagree with many of the comments, but I would also take this rating system with a grain of salt. Anyone who took this survey and determined that quality of life in Memphis or Houston was better than New Orleans has a skewed vision in general.
Facts don't lie over opinions:
https://versus.com/en/houston-vs-new-orleans
gbgreenie
Surge

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:50 pm
austxwave wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:12 pm I don't disagree with many of the comments, but I would also take this rating system with a grain of salt. Anyone who took this survey and determined that quality of life in Memphis or Houston was better than New Orleans has a skewed vision in general.
Facts don't lie over opinions:
https://versus.com/en/houston-vs-new-orleans
https://versus.com/en/memphis-vs-new-orleans
austxwave
High Tide

Those 2 comparisons are very close based on that website and i'm sure it's comparing actual city limits in both scenarios. Based on traffic and food alone, i'd take New Orleans metro over Memphis metro 9 out of 10 times. Most of the other statistics are probably pretty close.