Tulane Swept by Cincy

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

I told Graff a several years ago that I did not like Jewitt as the Tulane Baseball Coach...He looked at me like I was nuts and shook his head. Well, I stand by what I said then and I stand by it now. He has done NOTHING for this program and five years of NOTHING is enough. It is time for him to go as this baseball program is nowhere near what it should be. To lose 3 straight (and possibly 4) to this kind of team is unacceptable........not to mention the losing seasons he has had at Tulane during his tenure. There is no reason, there are no records or accomplishments on his resume' that warrant his retention. It's time for our Athletic Department to stand up and make a change. His hire is in the same realm of Mike Dunleavy and we all know the outcome of that hire.

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Profoundwizard
Swell

TURVS71 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:35 pm I told Graff a several years ago that I did not like Jewitt as the Tulane Baseball Coach...He looked at me like I was nuts and shook his head. Well, I stand by that what I said then and I stand by it now. He has done NOTHING for this program and five years of NOTHING is enough. It is time for him to go as this baseball program is no where near what it should be. To lose 3 straight (and possibly 4) to this kind of team is unacceptable........not to mention the losing seasons he has had at Tulane during his tenure. There is no reason, there are no records or accomplishments on his resume' that warrant his retention. It's time for our Athletic Department to stand up and make a change. His hire is in the same realm of Mike Dunleavy and we all know the outcome of that hire.
You should probably learn some tact. Todd Graffagnini was basically a coworker of Jewett. They hosted a radio show together. What did you expect him to say?
TURVS71
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:43 pm
TURVS71 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:35 pm I told Graff a several years ago that I did not like Jewitt as the Tulane Baseball Coach...He looked at me like I was nuts and shook his head. Well, I stand by that what I said then and I stand by it now. He has done NOTHING for this program and five years of NOTHING is enough. It is time for him to go as this baseball program is no where near what it should be. To lose 3 straight (and possibly 4) to this kind of team is unacceptable........not to mention the losing seasons he has had at Tulane during his tenure. There is no reason, there are no records or accomplishments on his resume' that warrant his retention. It's time for our Athletic Department to stand up and make a change. His hire is in the same realm of Mike Dunleavy and we all know the outcome of that hire.
You should probably learn some tact. Todd Graffagnini was basically a coworker of Jewett. They hosted a radio show together. What did you expect him to say?
Ha Funny! Graff didn't hide his reaction because he IS/WAS a big Jewitt fan REGARDLESS of his radio position........Tact? I think not!!!
Profoundwizard
Swell

TURVS71 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:46 pm
Ha Funny! Graff didn't hide his reaction because he IS/WAS a big Jewitt fan REGARDLESS of his radio position........Tact? I think not!!!
Yea, you lack tact. It’s a dumb thing to say to a guy that was going to be working with Jewett almost every day during the baseball season.
TURVS71
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:55 pm

Yea, you lack tact. It’s a dumb thing to say to a guy that was going to be working with Jewett almost every day during the baseball season.
Wow, stating ones opinion is “dumb!” Nice guy! It was a conversation about TULANE BASEBALL and people that know me know I don’t sugarcoat my opinion discussing a topic! Gee, did you beat your kids when they spilled their milk?

Graff, is this you????
Profoundwizard
Swell

In this case, stating your opinion was not smart. Even if Graff agreed with you, he wouldn’t be dumb enough to tell people.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

TURVS71 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:13 pm

Wow, stating ones opinion is “dumb!” Nice guy! It was a conversation about TULANE BASEBALL and people that know me know I don’t sugarcoat my opinion discussing a topic! Gee, did you beat your kids when they spilled their milk?

Graff, is this you????
Is Graff thin-skinned? Nothing wrong with telling Graff or anyone else that Jewett is a lousy baseball coach. A total failure. If Graff can’t see it, then he’s blind.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Profoundwizard
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:01 pm

Graff, is this you????
Is Graff thin-skinned? Nothing wrong with telling Graff or anyone else that Jewett is a lousy baseball coach. A total failure. If Graff can’t see it, then he’s blind.
Today it would be perfectly fine. Turvs said “several years ago” he told Graff that. When Graff was working with Jewett, traveling with the team etc. it’s not a wise decision to talk bad about one of his coworkers.

And FWIW I said Jewett sucked before all you
Last edited by Profoundwizard on Sat May 22, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:17 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:01 pm

Graff, is this you????
Today it would be perfectly fine. Turvs said “several years ago” he told Graff that. When Graff was working with Jewett, traveling with the team etc. it’s not a wise decision to talk bad about one of his coworkers.

And FWIW I said Jewett sucked before all of you

Yeah , I forgot! In today’s “woke” world, a white male, like me, can’t offer an opinion for fear of being labeled! So:

“Graff: I still say Jewitt sucks as a head coach! There, I said it !!!! Ha !
While it was still early to assess Jewett, I was worried from the very outset when Jewett was obsessed with how the team wore their pants and socks. Anyone focused on trivia is likely missing what's important.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Lost again today to Cincy and went 0-4 in the series. With the news provided previously to us on this site that Jewett is in the last year of his contract I believe that Dannen will turn him loose at the end of the season. It will be interesting to see who Dannen hires to replace Jewett. Hopefully he will give AC a fair shot. There is no hope for Tulane baseball as long as Jewett is our coach.
    Houma de Wave
    Swell

Now, we should all be really pi$$ed!

With the Coach-of-the-Year move made by Googins to pitch his 3rd baseman and let him pitch to one complete batter (instead of letting him throw one pitch and get logged into the scorebook as a pitcher), he lets him walk Minder to get to the top of the lineup in the 9th.

We're down 13-8 and we come back to lose, of course, 13-12.

If you pitch Gilles several innings (mid-game), Cincinnati does not finish with 13 runs. Obviously, the thinking from the dugout is "we're the 2nd seed no matter what." However, these are young, competitive men who need to win a game! In college baseball anything can happen and it almost did (for us)! Still, we found a way to lose a one-run ball game.

No matter how well Cincinnati hit the ball, they were going deep, deep into their bullpen today.

Again, now we should all be really pi$$ed!
    greenie78
    Riptide

It will be easier to build the program around compared to football and basketball. Hire a proven winner from a smaller D1 conference like Price, Fitiz, Hunter and this program will be back on track.
    HoustonWave
    Tsunami

We should send Cincy's baseball team a thank you note--they may have driven the final nail in the Jewett coaching coffin.
    winwave
    Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:09 pm We should send Cincy's baseball team a thank you note--they may have driven the final nail in the Jewett coaching coffin.
    +1
    BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
    YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
    Small time facilities for small time programs
    6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
    TURVS71
    Swell

Well......Hope Jewitt realizes he is a moot point in Tulane Baseball and save us all the BS by resigning at the end of the season. (Told you so Graff)
    golfnut69
    Wild Pelican

TACT...The ability to tell someone to go to Hell, in such a maner, they look forward to the trip
    Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
    GretnaGreen
    Low Tide

Troy Dannen eliminated the baseball program at Northern Iowa when he was AD there. I believe it is more likely the Tulane baseball program will be ended rather than a coaching change. :(
    gbgreenie
    Surge

GretnaGreen wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:37 pm Troy Dannen eliminated the baseball program at Northern Iowa when he was AD there. I believe it is more likely the Tulane baseball program will be ended rather than a coaching change. :(
    Really, are you that dumb, what hole did you come out of!!!
    golfnut69
    Wild Pelican

GretnaGreen wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:37 pm Troy Dannen eliminated the baseball program at Northern Iowa when he was AD there. I believe it is more likely the Tulane baseball program will be ended rather than a coaching change. :(
    the only thing that needs elimination, is TD
    Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
    ajcalhoun
    Swell

Baseball will NOT be eliminated at Tulane. TD would never get away with even mentioning that possibility.

That said, I doubt he makes any moves on Jewett this year.
    God Bless Everyone!
    Pepper
    Swell

ajcalhoun wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:58 am
    Baseball will NOT be eliminated at Tulane. TD would never get away with even mentioning that possibility.

That said, I doubt he makes any moves on Jewett this year.
    The problem is TD cannot give him another contract. If he gives him 1 more year, it kills recruiting. He has to cut bait now and focus on the future. We are going nowhere with mush-mouth.
    "Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
    golfnut69
    Wild Pelican

on, to the NIT, or the cape fear league
    anEngineer
    Riptide

This is about as silly a post as I have ever seen on this site, and there have been some real beauties!
    DfromCT
    Wild Pelican

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:07 pm
      Lost again today to Cincy and went 0-4 in the series. With the news provided previously to us on this site that Jewett is in the last year of his contract I believe that Dannen will turn him loose at the end of the season. It will be interesting to see who Dannen hires to replace Jewett. Hopefully he will give AC a fair shot. There is no hope for Tulane baseball as long as Jewett is our coach.
      You know, I've thought that AC would need more stepping stones before getting back to the upper levels of college baseball after what happened at MSU. But I have to agree that AC would be a huge hire for Tulane. With his re-established and re-fortified local baseball connections and knowing what Tulane baseball means to the University, he might be the right man in the right place at the right time. The problem I see is that TD doesn't understand the value baseball fans place in the Rick Jones/Tulane "tree".

Right now the program is not at the upper echelons of college baseball and we should be. I think Andy can take us there, and he needs to interview well particularly w/r/t the MSU scandal. I hope TD can get past the ruffled feathers from the last time around and give him a fair shot. At the same time, I can understand any reluctance to hire someone with a history such as AC's, including his reaction to not being hired last time around.
      " If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
      Wave Fan
      Low Tide

anEngineer wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:42 am
      This is about as silly a post as I have ever seen on this site, and there have been some real beauties!
      Wrestling to Northern Iowa is what baseball is to Tulane. TD is not going to eliminate baseball. His hire of Jewett was a sound one based on his Vanderbilt experience. It didn’t work as we all hoped it would. Time to fix it.