Dannen To Northwestern

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Football Scoop describes NW's AD job as cushy :

A private school with high academic standards in a pro football market with low win/loss expectations , and ton of P5 $$$$ and more coming .

Sounds familiar , except we do not have the $$$$ as we have an AD who is a fundraising failure on top of our G5 status .

At NW Dannen's failure as a fundraiser would hardly be noticed .

See Ya ?

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

And he is from the Midwest. I think as most folks around here said with Kansas- I was more worried about Fritz leaving than Dannen as I think Dannen is more easily replaceable.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:55 am And he is from the Midwest. I think as most folks around here said with Kansas- I was more worried about Fritz leaving than Dannen as I think Dannen is more easily replaceable.
Very replaceable. If NW were to hire Dannen, they must be throwing darts at a board to determine who they hire as their new AD.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:04 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:55 am And he is from the Midwest. I think as most folks around here said with Kansas- I was more worried about Fritz leaving than Dannen as I think Dannen is more easily replaceable.
Very replaceable. If NW were to hire Dannen, they must be throwing darts at a board to determine who they hire as their new AD.
+1.

Seriously doubt he would get this.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

If they want him, they can have him. But, he has done nothing to earn a P5 job.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Any new AD hire could only help our fundraising and facilities
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Yep, sounds like the perfect job for Dannen. At Tulane, he has to kick back, collect his pay check, and keep looking for his next gig. At NW, he would only have to kick back and collect his paycheck.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana