Jeffery Johnson in the transfer portal?

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yeah it’s going to fall on hicks and Adonis to step up.

GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Any rumors on why he decided to enter the portal? Our D-line was going to be thin this coming year and looks like it will be even thinner. Going to be hard to replace JJ
waveclem
Surge

Unfortunately been hearing this rumor for a while now. Word is he wants to play for Kevin Peoples at Indiana so I would be highly suprised if he goes anywhere else. This just means the young guys need to step up bigtime. I know of one that was already in the gym today getting his body right.
#RollWave
Rat
Ripple

And that is?
waveclem
Surge

Rat wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:45 pmAnd that is?
Noah Taliancich, the gym rat
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I wish Jeffery Johnson the best. He gave us his all, and I appreciate that.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

:I have absolutely no problem with any player leaving the program. Particularly if that player is following a former position coach.
Basketball & Football players sign for the coaching staff. Non-rev dead weight athlete's sign "for the school".
Rat
Ripple

Noah!! I wish all of our Tulane student athletes were like Noah. Loves TU and really wants to be here. Roll Wave and Roll Noah! wave97 thats ok, they are getting a good education. And I’m sure when we signed them we didn’t expect them to be non-rev dead weight.
Houma de Wave
Swell

And JJ is now having second thoughts...unconfirmed Twitter report.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Houma de Wave wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:55 am And JJ is now having second thoughts...unconfirmed Twitter report.
Evidently, now confirmed by one of our coaches.
wave97
Swell

Rat wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:57 am Noah!! I wish all of our Tulane student athletes were like Noah. Loves TU and really wants to be here. Roll Wave and Roll Noah! wave97 thats ok, they are getting a good education. And I’m sure when we signed them we didn’t expect them to be non-rev dead weight.
We should've dropped to D3 if you want to throw a recruiting net out to local kids with an affinity for Tulane & academics.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If JJ is having second thoughts, he should consider getting his Tulane undergrad degree and if he's NFL ready go, if not stay at Tulane or play at a "P" school that has a good masters program of his choice. But maximize the educational opportunities while they're available and paid for.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

How huge would it be for Jeffrey to stay and we got one of memphis’ best starting defense player in Joseph Dorseus ?!!

Bring on Oklahoma ;)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's official. He's staying:

YES!!!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We did it gentlemen !!!! Outlook on our DLine is suddenly very favorable. What a great Friday
oliveandblue
Surge

This won't impact the OU game. It might give us a remote shot against Ole Miss and will be HUGE against UAB/UH/SMU/Tulsa.

We're likely to be at 2-2 heading into AAC play. Having a good DL can save you in those 50/50 games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:17 pm Unfortunately. When the new rule came out I said it would be bad for us. What few top quality athletes we discover will likely move on from us early once they have shown their abilities. Not looking forward to it.
Wrong again genius.
Wave755
Tsunami

Thank God, we need “all hands on deck” for Boomer Sooner on 9/4.
wave97
Swell

We just added more experienced twitch, to a young twitchy d-line while retaining our technically sound anchor at nose.
If our db play improves we'll be able to effectively play a lot of one gap up front.
If our twitchy d-lineman stay healthy & can get upfield and make plays behind the LOS potentially causing a beautiful thing happening that we haven't seen since Nico, Tanzel & Sean Wilson.
Looking forward to what Coaches Hampton. Dawson & Mutz can scheme up for this defense. We have an interesting mix of options if the db's play sound.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:56 am
winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:17 pm Unfortunately. When the new rule came out I said it would be bad for us. What few top quality athletes we discover will likely move on from us early once they have shown their abilities. Not looking forward to it.
Wrong again genius.
Premature ejaculation by you once again. We're talking the long haul here.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:47 am
Wrong again genius.
Eventually even a broken click is right twice a day. Of course the next guy that leaves we will hear from you I told you so and you will of course remind everyone how you said that It would hurt us. But here your timing was laughable because it was meant for Jefferson for sure. And he’s not going anywhere.
Once again you look foolish trying to defend being called out for being wrong in this case.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Unless anyone has something to say about JJ , say nothing .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:19 am
winwave wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:47 am
Wrong again genius.
Eventually even a broken click is right twice a day. Of course the next guy that leaves we will hear from you I told you so and you will of course remind everyone how you said that It would hurt us. But here your timing was laughable because it was meant for Jefferson for sure. And he’s not going anywhere.
Once again you look foolish trying to defend being called out for being wrong in this case.
LOL. Read my post. I say "not looking forward to it.". Clearly about the long haul.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981