ECU Series Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

Next time Jewett needs to caution his players about giving arrogant quotes to the press before the series begins.

Pepper
Swell

I'd be more shocked if we got rid of Jewett than getting in the tournament..
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Pepper wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:02 pm I'd be more shocked if we got rid of Jewett than getting in the tournament..
O% chance that we fire Jewett after this season
Bigschtick
Riptide

Profoundwizard wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:03 pm
Pepper wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:02 pm I'd be more shocked if we got rid of Jewett than getting in the tournament..
I predict that Dannen will never fire Jewett because he likely will be out of here before that happens.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Profoundwizard
Swell

Bigschtick wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:10 pm
I predict that Dannen will never fire Jewett because he likely will be out of here before that happens.
Where’s Dannen going?
Sunamiwave
High Tide

What are you smoking man? Who the heck would want him? Dannen has either been unable or unwilling to fundraise. He shelved the badly needed football operations building because he could not raise the money for it. What P5 wants him with that record? I know it’s not Kansas and they are the lowest P5 in stature out there.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I think that was Dannen's plan. But now that he has been shot down by the P5 bottom feeder KU, and the fact his lack of performance is becoming more and more evident, that plan is probably blowing up in his face. In the meantime, we're once again stuck in athletic limbo.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Jaxwave
Swell

Limbo? Limbo? I think we may be stuck a little south of there.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No doubt a very disappointing series. Our starting pitching just wasn't there. UCF and CIncy aren't good but they aren't anywhere near as bad as Houston and Memphis. We'll have to play a lot better to win or sweep either of those series.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:20 pm

I think that was Dannen's plan. But now that he has been shot down by the P5 bottom feeder KU, and the fact his lack of performance is becoming more and more evident, that plan is probably blowing up in his face. In the meantime, we're once again stuck in athletic limbo.
We need to knock down some solid P5 programs. Until then we'll be relegated to never-never land with the deep pockets.
If that happens I think Coach Fritz will be in a solid position to establish the program as an attractive stint for good young coaching talent.
Troy is correct. Football will carry the day.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

wave97 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:28 am
HoustonWave wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:20 pm

We need to knock down some solid P5 programs. Until then we'll be relegated to never-never land with the deep pockets.
If that happens I think Coach Fritz will be in a solid position to establish the program as an attractive stint for good young coaching talent.
Troy is correct. Football will carry the day.
I agree, football will always carry the day. But being competitive in basketball, baseball, and women's basketball wouldn't hurt. But even if we just focus on football, our noses are barely above water. Fritz has done a decent job given the incredible hole that Cow/Dick left us in--but we're going to have to do far better in football if we are to gain any credibility. And right now, Dannen isn't doing enough to get football elevated to the next level--primarily because of his inability and/or lack of focus on fund raising.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

Recap of our sad and disappointing weekend:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 6d039.html