Houston Series Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
ccap05
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:33 am
ccap05 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:10 am A number (maybe 5 or 6) male Houston fans were past irate at the end of the game and wanting to physically fight. Security did a decent job of clearing everyone out. The Houston fans sorted of reminded me of the old days when Marshall would visit.
What were they irate about, other than they have a crappy baseball team? While I only saw parts of the UH series, they seemed to get most of the close calls throughout the series.
A small group of two or three men with one lady (the core group was two men) believed that Tulane fans razzing was not polite and unfairly described 18 and 19 year old Houston players. However, it really started when some Tulane fans, the grounds crew guys in section 102, asked the Houston fans to quit yelling F**K because there were a lot of kids around. I took an interest mainly because my young son was chasing foul balls in the area. Basically, there was no reason; the Houston guys smelled a second win and got really worked up when Houston let Tulane build a big early lead and then when Tulane squelched Houston's rally attempt. I suspect the main Houston problem was the father of a Houston player. In any event, it added a bit of amusement to a long night.

RobertM320
Green Wave

Oh Brother wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:08 am We fell back into making errors and bad decisions on the base
Ash’s, the same problems that cost so many games out of conference, or as TJ says” the preseason.” In order to make post season now after the weak preseason, we can’t afford to lose another game and may have to win the conference tourney- the committee will do the usual in selecting every team in SEC for instance despite their records. Whether it was because we were playing so many freshmen and inexperienced upperclassmen or because of lack of emphasis on those out of conference games, we have left ourselves a very narrow path to post season. We’re having a strong conference campaign,our young guys look promising, so things may be looking up, but this years postseason appearance may not be there.
Some sites were projecting us for a regional before we completed our 12 game win streak. Don't see what's changed. A split with ECU and 6-2 against CIN and UCF would put us at 32-18 regular season. Make the conference finals, you're probably looking at 35-20, 36-20. I think that gets us in a regional.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson