Equity, Diversity, Inclusion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
NotJtS
Low Tide

I’m not surprised. 🙄 🤮

Show Me
Tsunami

NotJtS wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:31 pm

I’m not surprised. 🙄 🤮
If the plan is to get back to the NCAA’s for WBB I guess this could help :roll:
NotJtS
Low Tide

DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

EEEEEKKKKKKK...can't wait for the "locker room" situation to come up........
PC Tulane,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Sunamiwave
High Tide

I just love how the Republican Party has nothing else to offer besides running on wedge issues such as the transgender sports ban. This probably impacts less than .01% of the population but by golly these Republicans have nothing better to do than make it seem like transgender kids are taking over the world and are multiplying in such vast numbers that they will be the majority before we know it. It is depressing where our political system stands today especially after the January 6 Trump insurrectionists violent attack on the Capitol. It is not Tulane and Troy Dannen you should be criticizing but instead Republicans in state legislatures for acting like this transgender sports ban is a national emergency so that they can rile up and raise more money from their Republican far right base.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Many of you know that pertaining to political matters, I'm a fairly liberal fellow. I believe that one of government's important functions is to enact policy based upon the premise that all citizens are created equal and all are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I also realize that life as a transgender person is a difficult path to travel. Statistically, there is a shocking rate of suicide among transgender youth. According to a recent study, over 41% have attempted suicide. For transgenders who are multi-racial, the number soars to 54%. This compares to 1.6% of the general population.

Having said this, I can see no possible way that permitting trans sports participants will help. It could easily make a mockery of women's sports. Moreover it is a political gift to the wacko, fascist, far-right Proud-Boys-QAnon-believers who would like to paint all Democrats as Satan-worshipping pedophiles. Judging from recent posts, I suspect a few of you who frequent this very forum are participants in those groups.

I don't propose to have the answer to this very complex problem, but I do know that competitive sports must be restricted to biologically determined gender.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Few watch women’s sports. And few will watch them after the transgenders have taken over women sports. The do-nothing Repubs will, as usual, just counter-punch the idiocy that emanates from Dem policies. The U.S. has a very bleak future.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
ajcalhoun
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:37 pm Many of you know that pertaining to political matters, I'm a fairly liberal fellow. I believe that one of government's important functions is to enact policy based upon the premise that all citizens are created equal and all are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I also realize that life as a transgender person is a difficult path to travel. Statistically, there is a shocking rate of suicide among transgender youth. According to a recent study, over 41% have attempted suicide. For transgenders who are multi-racial, the number soars to 54%. This compares to 1.6% of the general population.

Having said this, I can see no possible way that permitting trans sports participants will help. It could easily make a mockery of women's sports. Moreover it is a political gift to the wacko, fascist, far-right Proud-Boys-QAnon-believers who would like to paint all Democrats as Satan-worshipping pedophiles. Judging from recent posts, I suspect a few of you who frequent this very forum are participants in those groups.

I don't propose to have the answer to this very complex problem, but I do know that competitive sports must be restricted to biologically determined gender.

I can feel your smug-ness oozing through my monitor..
God Bless Everyone!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:22 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:37 pm Many of you know that pertaining to political matters, I'm a fairly liberal fellow. I believe that one of government's important functions is to enact policy based upon the premise that all citizens are created equal and all are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I can feel your smug-ness oozing through my monitor..
That’s why I use Smug-plugs on my monitor. 🤪🤪
Show Me
Tsunami

So with this logic it’s ok that Caitlyn Jenner do the Decathlon for the Woman’s Olympic team.
:roll:
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Not that THIS topic should continue here BUT:

Fact:

-There are only TWO Sexes
-Sex of the offspring is determined by chromosomes
-You can change your appearance through hormones BUT
-You CANNOT change your chromosomes, so
-You CANNOT change your sex no matter how you alter your looks
-So there can be NO complete transgender other than hormonal

Proof: Take a look a Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner's feet in sandals. There is nothing more appealing than a size 17 foot in a white summer sandal! :ugeek:

-The End!

Can we move on???
wave97
Swell

Make Orwell fiction again Troy.
You want to talk about anti-science?
For the love of reason Troy, please?
Pepper
Swell

Hypothetically, if Tulane has a tranny on it's women's team and is selected to play in the Miss St regional and the State of Mississippi has a law in place forbidding trans athletes, does Tulane stay home or does the player stay home? Our University is known for staying home (see Rose Bowls). On another note, I want to see the NCAA tell the SEC teams they can't host. This just might be the end of the NCAA. I really thought the NCAA would have protected the women's sports especially what happened with the weight room issue at the basketball tourney,
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

THIS.

I would like to add that our grandchildren's planet is nothing like the one we grew up on. It's changed forever and there's no going back. Understand that things have changed, or be miserable fighting it.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:33 am

THIS.

I would like to add that our grandchildren's planet is nothing like the one we grew up on. It's changed forever and there's no going back. Understand that things have changed, or be miserable fighting it.
That is the definition of a dystopian future that I will resist at every chance. A fool is a fool. Is a fool.
That will never change.
swampnik
Surge

wave97 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:49 am
DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:33 am

THIS.

That is the definition of a dystopian future that I will resist at every chance. A fool is a fool. Is a fool.
That will never change.
+2 (for binary)
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Show Me
Tsunami

This only hurts women. Shame on Dannen for his support of this. I’d be pissed if my daughter lost a roster spot for a tranny. Does nothing but cause more division.
A big step backwards for women sports. Anyone that identifies as female can now play women’s sports.
This is so wrong I can’t even believe we’ve come to this.
I imagine the locker room and showers would be inclusive as well. Good luck with that.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:27 pm So with this logic it’s ok that Caitlyn Jenner do the Decathlon for the Woman’s Olympic team.
:roll:
He/she can be the first to win Olympic Gold in both genders--go for it.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sunamiwave wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 pm I just love how the Republican Party has nothing else to offer besides running on wedge issues such as the transgender sports ban. This probably impacts less than .01% of the population but by golly these Republicans have nothing better to do than make it seem like transgender kids are taking over the world and are multiplying in such vast numbers that they will be the majority before we know it. It is depressing where our political system stands today especially after the January 6 Trump insurrectionists violent attack on the Capitol. It is not Tulane and Troy Dannen you should be criticizing but instead Republicans in state legislatures for acting like this transgender sports ban is a national emergency so that they can rile up and raise more money from their Republican far right base.
And I just love how the Democrat Party works with the media to continue to gin up the false narrative of an insurrection at the Capitol, all while Democrat Congresswomen like Maxine Waters are in Minnesota encouraging riots and mayhem if they don't get the verdict THEY want in a criminal trial. The riots from BLM/Antifa are far worse than anything that happened on Jan 6th. These people weren't even armed. And in case you missed it, the official report came out about Officer Sicknick, You know, the one all the Dems said was murdered by Trump supporters? He died the next day of NATURAL CAUSES. Nothing whatsoever to do with what happened at the Capitol.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:00 pm
Sunamiwave wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 pm I just love how the Republican Party has nothing else to offer besides running on wedge issues such as the transgender sports ban. This probably impacts less than .01% of the population but by golly these Republicans have nothing better to do than make it seem like transgender kids are taking over the world and are multiplying in such vast numbers that they will be the majority before we know it. It is depressing where our political system stands today especially after the January 6 Trump insurrectionists violent attack on the Capitol. It is not Tulane and Troy Dannen you should be criticizing but instead Republicans in state legislatures for acting like this transgender sports ban is a national emergency so that they can rile up and raise more money from their Republican far right base.
And I just love how the Democrat Party works with the media to continue to gin up the false narrative of an insurrection at the Capitol, all while Democrat Congresswomen like Maxine Waters are in Minnesota encouraging riots and mayhem if they don't get the verdict THEY want in a criminal trial. The riots from BLM/Antifa are far worse than anything that happened on Jan 6th. These people weren't even armed. And in case you missed it, the official report came out about Officer Sicknick, You know, the one all the Dems said was murdered by Trump supporters? He died the next day of NATURAL CAUSES. Nothing whatsoever to do with what happened at the Capitol.
And all the while, in Portland and Seattle, they are quietly dismissing the cases against those that rioted, burned and destroyed property and lives during their "summer of love". What would the media be doing if the Jan 6 cases were being dismissed en masse?
galvezwave
Swell

Guys , no point arguing back and forth. This country is hopelessly divided.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:00 pm
RobertM320 must be a Trump supporter who believes in spreading misleading information and propaganda to protect his Dear Leader Trump. All of those on video and arrested for violently storming the Capitol based on Trump’s “Big Lie” falsely claiming a stolen election were Trump supporters. They were not BLM and Antifa as some Republican crazies like Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene want you to believe. Many of the Capitol Police officers were violently attacked and seriously injured in the Capitol on January 6 due to far right Trump backed groups such as the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers. It shows you how much some of these Trump supporters really care about the police and the rule of law. The January 6 Trump insurrection that almost put the formal certification of the election in jeopardy is worse than any riot RobertM320 wants to talk about in his pathetic attempt at deflection because the peaceful transfer of power from one administration to the next was at stake. The January 6 Trump insurrection was a direct attack on our constitution and republic which we will never forget.
NotJtS
Low Tide

Sunamiwave wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:43 pm RobertM320 must be a Trump supporter who believes in spreading misleading information and propaganda to protect his Dear Leader Trump. All of those on video and arrested for violently storming the Capitol based on Trump’s “Big Lie” falsely claiming a stolen election were Trump supporters. They were not BLM and Antifa as some Republican crazies like Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene want you to believe. Many of the Capitol Police officers were violently attacked and seriously injured in the Capitol on January 6 due to far right Trump backed groups such as the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers. It shows you how much some of these Trump supporters really care about the police and the rule of law. The January 6 Trump insurrection that almost put the formal certification of the election in jeopardy is worse than any riot RobertM320 wants to talk about in his pathetic attempt at deflection because the peaceful transfer of power from one administration to the next was at stake. The January 6 Trump insurrection was a direct attack on our constitution and republic which we will never forget.
You're a moron Sunami.

Sunamiwave
High Tide

NotJtS wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:04 pm
Sunamiwave wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:43 pm RobertM320 must be a Trump supporter who believes in spreading misleading information and propaganda to protect his Dear Leader Trump. All of those on video and arrested for violently storming the Capitol based on Trump’s “Big Lie” falsely claiming a stolen election were Trump supporters. They were not BLM and Antifa as some Republican crazies like Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene want you to believe. Many of the Capitol Police officers were violently attacked and seriously injured in the Capitol on January 6 due to far right Trump backed groups such as the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers. It shows you how much some of these Trump supporters really care about the police and the rule of law. The January 6 Trump insurrection that almost put the formal certification of the election in jeopardy is worse than any riot RobertM320 wants to talk about in his pathetic attempt at deflection because the peaceful transfer of power from one administration to the next was at stake. The January 6 Trump insurrection was a direct attack on our constitution and republic which we will never forget.
You're a moron Sunami.

Frick you NotJts. I have friends that work on Capitol Hill who were severely traumatized from the January 6 insurrection. I am not going to sit idly by and let RobertM320 whitewash over what happened that day. The head of the FBI has publicly stated that the January 6 insurrection was an act of domestic terrorism. A Capitol Hill police officer had one of his eyes gouged out by a Trump supporter and several sustained injuries serious enough that they had to go on disability leave. RobertM320 lied and said none of the Trump insurrectionists had weapons but that is simply not true as a couple Oath Keepers just recently had their bond revoked as a result of new evidence proving they brought weapons to the Capitol insurrection. There were Trump supporters who brought weapons to the Capitol insurrection but they were not caught since so few people were arrested that day due to the underwhelming police presence. So no I will not shut up and let RobertM320 whitewash and downplay what happened on January 6.
NotJtS
Low Tide

Sunamiwave wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:02 pmFrick you NotJts. I have friends that work on Capitol Hill who were severely traumatized from the January 6 insurrection. I am not going to sit idly by and let RobertM320 whitewash over what happened that day. The head of the FBI has publicly stated that the January 6 insurrection was an act of domestic terrorism. A Capitol Hill police officer had one of his eyes gouged out by a Trump supporter and several sustained injuries serious enough that they had to go on disability leave. RobertM320 lied and said none of the Trump insurrectionists had weapons but that is simply not true as a couple Oath Keepers just recently had their bond revoked as a result of new evidence proving they brought weapons to the Capitol insurrection. There were Trump supporters who brought weapons to the Capitol insurrection but they were not caught since so few people were arrested that day due to the underwhelming police presence. So no I will not shut up and let RobertM320 whitewash and downplay what happened on January 6.
Be careful, don’t venture too far from your safe space.