Tulane Sweeps the WSU Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Weather permitting:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 9a46e.html

Hopefully we get to play all 4 games and win the series as this is our only chance other than ECU to play against a team with a good RPI. Looking at their schedule they haven't p[ayed that great of a schedule.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ccap05
Surge

winwave wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:21 pm Weather permitting:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 9a46e.html

Hopefully we get to play all 4 games and win the series as this is our only chance other than ECU to play against a team with a good RPI. Looking at their schedule they haven't p[ayed that great of a schedule.
I am stoked about this series (weather permitting). We should be ready for bear and our pitching has to be rested and ready. The weather looks iffy, at best, on Friday but hopefully we can shoehorn all/most of the games in. Roll Wave.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

First game tomorrow moved up to 10.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tulane puts up a 5 spot in the bottom of the 5th to take a 6-3 lead. Need another strong inning or two from Olthoff. Then some good work from a well rested bullpen.

Update: Jewett brings in Justin Campbell with one out and one on in the 6th. I think Olthoff was about 90 pitches into the game, and actually warmed up during the bottom of the 5th when WSU changed pitchers.

Edit: Is this a 7 inning game as part of the DH? I thought the AAC games are 9 innings regardless.
Last edited by DfromCT on Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
chigoyboy
Ripple

What is the ear piece that Lee is wearing while catching? Is that to hear the dugout for the pitches?
Is that new this season?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chigoyboy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:22 pm What is the ear piece that Lee is wearing while catching? Is that to hear the dugout for the pitches?
Is that new this season?
Yes. Trying to save time between pitches.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We win game one 6-3. WTG Wave!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:51 pm
chigoyboy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:22 pm What is the ear piece that Lee is wearing while catching? Is that to hear the dugout for the pitches?
Is that new this season?
Yes. Trying to save time between pitches.
will they be banggin' on trash cans
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

What a gutsy performance by Olthoff and a great job by the bullpen.

6-3 Wave wins first game.

As we Mets fans used to say frequently when WSU Pitching Coach Mike Pelfry was pitching: "Put it in the books"!

ROLL WAVE!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Second game will now start at 4. Not sure if they'll get it in at all today based on the weather.
Profoundwizard
Swell

A couple more like that and TJ will be asking for the Willie Fritz lifetime contract!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:54 pm Second game will now start at 4. Not sure if they'll get it in at all today based on the weather.
That's ridiculous having that much time between games for no apparent reason.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:08 pm A couple more like that and TJ will be asking for the Willie Fritz lifetime contract!
:lol: :lol: And he'll probably get it.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:17 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:54 pm Second game will now start at 4. Not sure if they'll get it in at all today based on the weather.
That's ridiculous having that much time between games for no apparent reason.
We are supposed to have rain throughout today and tomorrow with hopefully some windows in which to play. I don't know what source they are using but instead of going at 2:15 they moved it back to 4 due to expected storms. We'll see.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

After not pitching the previous two weekends Olthoff put in a good performance. After some early trouble he found himself and ended with 10 strikeouts. Around 90 pitches he tired and got taken out. Campbell was throwing well when he got hit in the left knee by a line drive and had to come out. You had to thonk at that point that it was typical bad luck for us and we'd fall part. Instead Slagel comes in and gets the three inning save. A really great catch by Laprairie in right the likes of which I haven't seen one of our outfielders make in a long while. It was nice to see us throw some runners out and also successfully steal some bases. Engelhard gets to slap the wall.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Game starting at 4:55. Umps just took the field . Had a nice talk with Braden Olthoff on the concourse .
ccap05
Surge

What a great two games. Hopefully there will be a hole in the weather tomorrow to allow game three. Roll Wave.
Houma de Wave
Swell

ccap05 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:59 pm What a great two games. Hopefully there will be a hole in the weather tomorrow to allow game three. Roll Wave.
Hopefully, because we’re driving 60 miles to back the Wave!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wichita State's record is a bit misleading. The were 7-1 in conf coming into today, but all 8 games were against Houston. Odd quirk in the scheduling.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Profoundwizard
Swell

Looking more and more like my theory is going to come true. No postseason but TD keeps Jewett around due to the “youth” and top 3 finish in the conference
capwave
High Tide

Pretty darn good pitching. We were lucky to scratch those 3 runs. Let’s see what we can do in game 3 & 4. As much as I want a new coach, I just can’t hope for a continuation of what has been a terrible season. Hopefully we finish strong and TD looks at the whole product. Doubt it though, and I assume we will have the same coach next season
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good outing by Aldrich. He should have left without giving up any runs. For at least the third time we couldn't handle the first and third steal. Then Baumgardt couldn't field a soft grounder. Gillies has gotten better. He has more velocity on his fastball and his breaking ball is sharper. Let's win the next one to win the series and give us a chance to sweep.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Down 1-0 top of 1st weather delay. Game restart now scheduled for 1:30pm.
I wonder who decided 11am was a good time to start?

Tulane Class of 1981
capwave
High Tide

Not sure why we would have agreed to start that game. A blind man could see those storms were about to hit. Only favors WSU. Our starter is done and theirs has yet to take the field.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

capwave wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:20 pm Not sure why we would have agreed to start that game. A blind man could see those storms were about to hit. Only favors WSU. Our starter is done and theirs has yet to take the field.
Exactly my point.
Just looking at my free weather app I would have started the game at 6:30pm
Tulane Class of 1981