Espn Football 2021 Predictions- Tulane 2nd in AAC

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

gbgreenie
Surge

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:50 pm

Now we are talking focus on this and we will be ok. I believe experts are looking at our rich stable of QB's something we have never had before. like I said if we get a breakout from one or two freshman receivers along with a pass catching tight end out offense will be rolling. If the defensive backfield learns proper coverage techniques we will be good, we have skills and speed in the defensive backfield they just have to focus on where the ball is going, Qb's eyes and receivers eyes, then beat them to the ball!!! Let's roll greenwave Nation.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

It’s a good sign, but it’s hard to have faith in Fritz until he actually puts Tulane in the next gear.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:20 am It’s a good sign, but it’s hard to have faith in Fritz until he actually puts Tulane in the next gear.
Exactly. The program is clearly on much firmer ground, but until he can win 10 now and then, and 8 regularly, I'm in that "prove it to me" camp. Last year left a lot of W's on the table. And it was so ugly that we invented a new verb. Ok, English majors, tell me if "Tulane'd" is a verb or adjective? As in "We fans got Tulane'd watching that damned Navy game."
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

This is one huge nightmare for Coach Fritz. As long as people expected and accepted bowl attainment as an achievement, his seat wasn’t even warm. Now it’s been ratcheted up. I may be crazy but isn’t this prediction a little nuts?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

First off as the person that came up with it it is TULANED- no need for the apostrophe. No doubt he needs to prove it but this shows that others don't see this schedule as being too tough. A realistic look of what we should expect in year 6. Will we get it?
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
galvezwave
Swell

I guarantee WF is sick of being stuck at .500 . Warm seat or none.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:44 am First off as the person that came up with it it is TULANED- no need for the apostrophe. No doubt he needs to prove it but this shows that others don't see this schedule as being too tough. A realistic look of what we should expect in year 6. Will we get it?
Congrats for being the first to use it regularly here.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

Definition of Tulane’d or Tulaned

noun
an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc.
The “Tulaned” group of players were crushed 62-0 in a complete blowout.

verb
to describe an action that leads to a failed outcome. They got “Tulane’d” again on the last play in OT 30-29.
Or statement proceeding from faulty judgment, inadequate knowledge, or inattention. The act of constantly making decisions that ultimately lead to failure.
They got “Tulane’d” once again.

I think Tulane’d places more emphasis on Tulane than Tulaned does.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

how about TU'd or TU'ed... I ocaasionally attended non select schools, so I am not sure if those are feasible, doable, or even correct...but if they are, look at how much screen space is saved
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

Amazing how negative this forum is?
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:22 am Amazing how negative this forum is?
Every season since Fritz has been here, the expectations have been really high that he would make Tulane has competitive as he made his prior programs and every season since Fritz has been here the fanbase has been disappointed in that regard. At this point, it's fair to say that Tulane fans are rightfully skeptical that he can reach 9 regular season wins here.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Interesting metrics go into the algorithm.

Your offense, defense and special teams get scores based on past performance, what you return in players and what you are bringing in your recruiting class. I believe it looks at performance as “above replacement” level. So if someone leaves they are replaced with a replacement player. The single greatest attribute for offense is your QB, what his QBR was and if he’s coming back.

Then they look at the opposing team, where the game is played, and how far you had to travel (a long distance of travel for the game is worth about half a point).

Atleast that’s my understanding from quickly looking through the metrics

I’m not sure if coaches are given scores ? Or how new coaches are handled.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Because we've been Tulaned so many times.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
ajcalhoun
Swell

Show Me wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:16 am I think Tulane’d places more emphasis on Tulane than Tulaned does.
Yeah, but who has the time to type that superfluous apostrophe?
God Bless Everyone!
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:36 pm
💡 Howard Navy meltdown and missed tackle against Tulsa, or we are 8-4.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:22 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:36 pm
💡 Howard Navy meltdown and missed tackle against Tulsa, or we are 8-4.
That's understandable, but the fact remains that Tulane hasn't reached 7 regular season wins under Fritz despite having several opportunities over his 5 year tenure to do so. Given that that is the case, it's difficult to be overly optimistic at this point.
Wave Fan
Low Tide

I’m optimistic. We are catching up and passing conference members in football. It may seem slower than some would like but you need to factor in all the other schools are moving to get better as well. The goal posts are moving for everybody.
Roll Wave. It’s our time!
ajcalhoun
Swell

Wave Fan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:47 pm I’m optimistic. We are catching up and passing conference members in football. It may seem slower than some would like but you need to factor in all the other schools are moving to get better as well. The goal posts are moving for everybody.
I'm with you. I am looking forward to this season. Roll Wave!
God Bless Everyone!
Tulane1111
High Tide

This is great! Having a proven returning qb really makes a difference... good LB’s, RB’s & Special teams as well.

But is Gabriel not returning to UCF, he was all world last year, they are not on this list??
anEngineer
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:25 pm
Wave Fan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:47 pm I’m optimistic. We are catching up and passing conference members in football. It may seem slower than some would like but you need to factor in all the other schools are moving to get better as well. The goal posts are moving for everybody.
I'm with you. I am looking forward to this season. Roll Wave!
I'm in as well.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Not sure why UCF is so low, what did they lose ? They have a good coach and all nation QB
Wave755
Tsunami

+1, we have come a long way from the “dumpster fire” Mike Fitts, Doug Hertz & Willie Fritz inherited from the Cow/Dick regime.

Hopefully this will be The Year we move up to the top quarter of the AAC. 8-) 💪🏻🤞🏻
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Careful, my fellow fans, there have been MANY times that “success” has been predicted only to have the team to fall flat on its face!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:33 pm Careful, my fellow fans, there have been MANY times that “success” has been predicted only to have the team to fall flat on its face!!
I agree. Seeing will be believing. It’s possible that we may struggle in our OOC games, only to turn it around and put an ass kicking on our AAC opponents. But even that will require us playing full 60 minute games—something Fritz’s teams rarely do.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana