USF Series Postponed -USF COVID Issues

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:18 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:35 am
ccap05 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:27 am Gosh Darn, that is a pretty intense reaction to my writing that the Wave looked OK last weekend. Without wading into the debate about just how bad Memphis might be, I reiterate that the Wave looked decent last weekend and that I am excited to see them play this weekend. Roll Wave.
If I came off as intense, that was not my intent. I simply asked a question. Winwave can’t leave me alone though and had to make something out of nothing
ccaps take is right on the money just as I said. I was just trying to help you by pointing out how easily triggered you are in this situation. It's going to play out however it plays out. The team either goes on a hell of a run and he's back or they continue to play bad baseball and he's gone.
I don’t need you to help me out. Worry about you

winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'm fine. Stay safe.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Back on topic- first game tomorrow is at 2 and the games will be on ESPN+.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:29 am Run starts first game Friday with Brenden at the helm.
I hear ya but it's Braden.
Oh Brother
Low Tide

I am hoping that we aren’t as bad as we looked prior to last weekend and that the problem has been that we are playing a lot of inexperienced players who have made a lot of mistakes- in the field, on the base paths and sometimes just bad decisions . I am on record as hoping we don’t bring Jewett back, I don’t think he makes smart in game decisions.But I wouldn’t mind seeing the boys get on a roll.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

USF is 12-14 overall and 2-2 after splitting with a disappointing UCF team. They are 125 in RPI while we are 97th. They have gone 0-6 against Florida Gulf Coast and were swept by Texas Tech. A successful weekend would be 3-1.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

USF series postponed
Covid for USF

And no time to make them up

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ccap05
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:01 am USF series postponed
Covid for USF

Fishing is rained out and now this. I guess drinking will start a bit earlier than originally scheduled.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

More rest for Olthoff.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Covid for USF

This is where you need to make a case for forfeiting. We lose four games against a team we could sweep, but someone like Wichita State gets to play them, and we get screwed.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
gbgreenie
Surge

Covid for USF

Blame goes to Florida's Governor that has no respect for Covid opening up too quickly, does not support mask mandates, wants to outlaw vaccination card, well he is responsible for Florida's high rates of Covid and deaths!!! Florida leads the country in variants. We need to be careful when playing any of the teams from Florida or Texas!!!
nawlinspete
Riptide

We should not go anywhere near a Florida , Texas , Michigan , Arizona or California resident . They are going to continue Covid with there " I will do what I want " attitude .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
gbgreenie
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:49 pm We should not go anywhere near a Florida , Texas , Michigan , Arizona or California resident . They are going to continue Covid with there " I will do what I want " attitude .
Florida covid19 case counts wait when Spring Break numbers show up in the next week or two:
Total confirmed cases
+15,068
Active cases today

-
Fatal cases
+147 deaths today
RobertM320
Green Wave

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:07 pm
nawlinspete wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:49 pm We should not go anywhere near a Florida , Texas , Michigan , Arizona or California resident . They are going to continue Covid with there " I will do what I want " attitude .
Florida covid19 case counts wait when Spring Break numbers show up in the next week or two:
Total confirmed cases
+15,068
Active cases today

-
Fatal cases
+147 deaths today
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Not sure where you're getting your figures from, but here's the count. Total confirmed cases is exactly the same, but its only 7,121 new cases, not 15,000. New deaths is 83, not 147.

Let's compare that to locked down California. 3,694,147 confirmed cases, over 60K dead, and 155 new deaths. Not sure how you blame Florida's numbers on lifting of mandates, but if that is the case, what's California's excuse? They've been locked down like a drum. And just to not embarrass you, I won't even bring up New York's numbers.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Or, in Arizona and California's cases, their willingness to allow untested Covid-positive illegal immigrants to roam throughout their states.
Show Me
Tsunami

Blame China. The virus was created in a lab to run Trump out of office. Kids aren’t going to care about getting it. Nothing to do with any governor it’s personal choice.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:22 pm
Or, in Arizona and California's cases, their willingness to allow untested Covid-positive illegal immigrants to roam throughout their states.
include Texas..I am all for loading all illegals onto a train, and deliver them to cities and towns in Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, where they to, can begin enjoying English as a second language
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Profoundwizard
Swell

Why didn’t I see any of y’all complaining about Latoya Cantrell or Bel Edwards when Ron Hunter got COVID and we couldn’t play a couple basketball games?
Show Me
Tsunami

LOL. Their athletic strength coach tested positive so the rules say anybody that was in that weight room with him has to quarantine for 10 days. So ridiculous. He’s their Ron Hunter.
Tulane stayed up there and is practicing. Can’t make this stuff up.
Last edited by Show Me on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show Me
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:58 am Why didn’t I see any of y’all complaining about Latoya Cantrell or Bel Edwards when Ron Hunter got COVID and we couldn’t play a couple basketball games?
Exactly
Houma de Wave
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:55 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:58 am Why didn’t I see any of y’all complaining about Latoya Cantrell or Bel Edwards when Ron Hunter got COVID and we couldn’t play a couple basketball games?
Exactly
I’ll second that.
ajcalhoun
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:40 pm

Blame goes to Florida's Governor that has no respect for Covid opening up too quickly, does not support mask mandates, wants to outlaw vaccination card, well he is responsible for Florida's high rates of Covid and deaths!!! Florida leads the country in variants. We need to be careful when playing any of the teams from Florida or Texas!!!
Covid will never hurt Tulane. Naysayers you get old and spend too much hot air instead of staying positive and what happens does. Roll Wave Nation, Positivity does more for a program than anything else!!!
God Bless Everyone!
gbgreenie
Surge

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:21 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:07 pm
Total confirmed cases
+15,068
Active cases today

-
Fatal cases
+147 deaths today
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

The official count, 14,000 cases today and over 108 more deaths,
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/coronavi ... d=msedgntp

Not sure where you're getting your figures from, but here's the count. Total confirmed cases is exactly the same, but its only 7,121 new cases, not 15,000. New deaths is 83, not 147.

Let's compare that to locked down California. 3,694,147 confirmed cases, over 60K dead, and 155 new deaths. Not sure how you blame Florida's numbers on lifting of mandates, but if that is the case, what's California's excuse? They've been locked down like a drum. And just to not embarrass you, I won't even bring up New York's numbers.
RobertM320
Green Wave

And California with 168 new deaths today. Still no indication that opening up Florida has increased the death rate, since California is still having more. And Texas, another state that's removed the mask mandate, has only 1799 new cases, and only 3 new deaths.