Spring Game Report

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
gbgreenie
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:03 pm
Show Me wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:03 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:58 pm Ibieta isn’t going to sit around for long as a back up. He’s a versatile athlete with multiple skills. Maybe he’ll end up helping Hunter turn the basketball program around. Find him a spot on the field.
He was 12-0 as a pitcher for the Cajuns Jewett probably clueless there. And won games as a hitter
Then again his dad was only Tulane baseball great Juan Ibeita.

https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... bf3a1.html
Ibieta scored all four of Country Day’s runs to cap a 3-for-3 effort that included a triple, double, single and a walk that proved as consequential as the six one-hit innings he threw before a pitch count of 82 ended his afternoon on the mound.
I knew he was an outstanding baseball player as well—but right now, Tulane doesn’t have a baseball program.
Wait til Horton hits campus, Pratt did not look sharp, some of his balls fluttered when pressured. I think Willie may open up the competion in the fall. Competition will make all three better.

gbgreenie
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:34 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:21 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:02 am Thoughts on Ibieta ? He put up some big “numbers” this spring albeit against 2nd string with walk ons. Still nice to see him get the reps and throwing some tds. There’s a good chance we will need him at some point to take some snaps.

Any walk ons impress you ?
He’d be an NFL TE if I were coaching.
He needs to be on the field somewhere. Talent wasting on the bench. He’s an excellent athlete. The coaches have to figure out how to use him. I don’t see him beating out Pratt at QB but he sure can help somewhere else in the meantime.
+1,000 Ibieta needs to be tried at TE. Use him or lose him.
They will have to move him when Horton hits campus, Hortons mobility will help against a weak offensive line.
gbgreenie
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:58 pm Ibieta isn’t going to sit around for long as a back up. He’s a versatile athlete with multiple skills. Maybe he’ll end up helping Hunter turn the basketball program around. Find him a spot on the field.
Comparing our 3 QB's coming out of High School rated by 247 Sports, Horton is #1 followed by Pratt at #2 and Ibieta a distant #3:
Kai Horton Scouting Report
Athletic Background
30-0 career record as a starting QB with two Texas 4A state championships (one D-I, one D-II). Two-sport athlete in football and basketball. District Newcomer of the Year in basketball as a freshman in 2017-18 season.
2020: Led Carthage to a 14-0 record and Texas 4A D-II state championship as a senior.
2019: As a junior, led Carthage to a 16-0 record and Texas 4A D-I state championship in first season as a starter.
Rivals on Horton- THE OVERLOOKED: Kai Horton
Horton was the subject of our overlooked quarterbacks back in the spring and that theme has continued into the fall, where yet against the senior passer is putting up impressive numbers on one of Texas' best high school teams.
Through four games so far, Horton has thrown for 996 yards with 10 touchdowns compared to one interception. He's completed 72 percent of his attempts with 98 yards rushing, all while leading East Texas powerhouse Carthage to a perfect 4-0 mark. Most of Horton's action have come in the first halves of games after jumping out to fast starts on offense.
Kai Horton
Player Rating
247 SPORTS COMPOSITE® 0.8436
NATL. 1278

PRO 42
TX 192
247 SPORTS 86
PRO 27
TX 129

Michael Pratt
Scouting Report
Athletic Background
Michaell Pratt is a 6-3, 195-pound Pro-Style Quarterback from Boca Raton, FL.
Player Rating
247 SPORTS COMPOSITE® 0.8417
NATL. 1366
PRO 47
FL 178
247 SPORTS 82
PRO 61
FL 244

Justin Ibieta
H.S. Scouting Report
Athletic Background
Justin Ibieta is a 6-5, 215-pound Pro-Style Quarterback from Metairie, LA.
As a Prospect
247 SPORTS COMPOSITE® 0.8335
NATL. 1664
PRO 57
LA 76

This will be the best Quarterback battle the Wave had top to bottom in a long time!!! Now if the offensive line and receivers perform, we know the running backs will. I tell you I am really motivated to see this battle begin as they all compete. Roll Wave and may the best Quarterback win ;)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:03 pm
He was 12-0 as a pitcher for the Cajuns Jewett probably clueless there. And won games as a hitter
Then again his dad was only Tulane baseball great Juan Ibeita.

https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... bf3a1.html
Ibieta scored all four of Country Day’s runs to cap a 3-for-3 effort that included a triple, double, single and a walk that proved as consequential as the six one-hit innings he threw before a pitch count of 82 ended his afternoon on the mound.
I think he said he’d only play FB in college but maybe he does both at some point.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981