Tulane Wins The Memphis Series 3 games to 1

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Pepper
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:21 am Anyone Else getting worried that we’re about to go 17-15 in conference play and keep Jewett around because of it?
Yes! And Riser will go to LSU.

"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:21 am Anyone Else getting worried that we’re about to go 17-15 in conference play and keep Jewett around because of it?
That is a legit worry. It won't take much for Dannen to rationalize another year with Jewett. We'll be lucky if Dannen doesn't give Jewett an extension. :o
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Unless we go on some magical run , which none of us think has any chance of happening, I firmly believe this is it for TJ. So not losing sleep over it. I'll of course be pulling for them but not expecting much in return.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

If Jewett has a buyout clause I doubt he’s getting fired. Dannen isn’t interested in spending any money on baseball. He’ll coach until his contract is done. No way will Tulane pay him and the potential next coach at the same time as they did in basketball.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Didn't realize the announcers on ESPN+ today are Ken Berthelot and Ron Swoboda. Haven't heard Berthelot in a long time. Brings back memories, although not all good ones.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:46 pm Unless we go on some magical run , which none of us think has any chance of happening, I firmly believe this is it for TJ. So not losing sleep over it. I'll of course be pulling for them but not expecting much in return.
I may be wrong/paranoid but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s brought back barring a total disaster.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:19 pm Didn't realize the announcers on ESPN+ today are Ken Berthelot and Ron Swoboda. Haven't heard Berthelot in a long time. Brings back memories, although not all good ones.
Thanks for posting this, I just tuned in to her Ken B's voice! What's up with AA, he wasn't there yesterday either?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Profoundwizard
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:03 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:19 pm Didn't realize the announcers on ESPN+ today are Ken Berthelot and Ron Swoboda. Haven't heard Berthelot in a long time. Brings back memories, although not all good ones.
Thanks for posting this, I just tuned in to her Ken B's voice! What's up with AA, he wasn't there yesterday either?
He’s been there all weekend doing radio. For whatever reason we have different announcers for ESPN+ this weekend
RobertM320
Green Wave

And I must say Berthelot does a better job with baseball than AA does. Maybe its just the familiarity.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:45 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:46 pm Unless we go on some magical run , which none of us think has any chance of happening, I firmly believe this is it for TJ. So not losing sleep over it. I'll of course be pulling for them but not expecting much in return.
I may be wrong/paranoid but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s brought back barring a total disaster.
wiz- I really think you're being paranoid here and driving yourself crazy in the process over it. Dannen sees the poor play. He also knows how bad Memphis is and that it is a down year for the conference. Try and relax and enjoy this beautiful weather.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:22 pm
wiz- I really think you're being paranoid here and driving yourself crazy in the process over it. Dannen sees the poor play. He also knows how bad Memphis is and that it is a down year for the conference. Try and relax and enjoy this beautiful weather.
I Acknowledge my potential paranoia but I can assure you that I’m not driving myself crazy about it. Just mildly annoyed.
TD saw bad play in 2017,2018 and 2019. It didn’t phase him.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:31 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:22 pm

I Acknowledge my potential paranoia but I can assure you that I’m not driving myself crazy about it. Just mildly annoyed.
TD saw bad play in 2017,2018 and 2019. It didn’t phase him.
That's where the buyout issue came into play. We're 5 years in now so that's no longer an issue.
Profoundwizard
Swell

I hope you’re right
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane wins the series with an 8-2 win today. Another quality start this time by Johnson. After losing the first game 4-3 we beat this bad team the way we should.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:07 pm I hope you’re right
Me too.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Needed a 4-0 though. 3-1 at home against the worst team in the AAC is just holding serve.
14-13 now with (12 of those loses in preseason :lol: ).
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Others here said before the series that 3-1 was what was needed.I would have expected 4-0 with Olthoff. Without him 3-1 is good. Let's be honest most have said without him we have no chance. We stepped up across the board.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:21 pm I would have expected 4-0 with Olthoff. Without him 3-1 is good. Let's be honest most have said without him we have no chance. We stepped up across the board. Others here said before the series that 3-1 was what was needed.
???
We lost Thursday Olthoff was to pitch on Friday 2pm game. So we won that game anyway.
We actually scored a lot so pitching wasn’t that important this time.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

If we sweep Memphis next time, we could go 10-14 against the rest of the AAC and finish 2nd or 3rd
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:25 pm If we sweep Memphis next time, we could go 10-14 against the rest of the AAC and finish 2nd or 3rd
The only hope is to win the AAC tournament.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:22 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:21 pm I would have expected 4-0 with Olthoff. Without him 3-1 is good. Let's be honest most have said without him we have no chance. We stepped up across the board. Others here said before the series that 3-1 was what was needed.
???
We lost Thursday Olthoff was to pitch on Friday 2pm game. So we won that game anyway.
Doesn't change the fact that he never pitched this weekend. No one knew that before the series. We held them to 2 runs after game 1. Not going to lose many pitching like that.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:33 pm
???
Doesn't change the fact that he never pitched this weekend. No one knew that before the series. We held them to 2 runs after game 1. Not going to lose many pitching like that.
Had we lost Friday yes. We pitched and hit well the last 3 games. Hope it continues.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:26 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:25 pm If we sweep Memphis next time, we could go 10-14 against the rest of the AAC and finish 2nd or 3rd
The only hope is to win the AAC tournament.
To get in the NCAA Tournament yes. I’m just saying that a 2nd or 3rd place finish could be enough to bring back Jewett
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:35 pm
???
Had we lost Friday yes. We pitched and hit well the last 3 games. Hope it continues.
You're really missing the point. No one would have predicted that we would go 4- if they knew Olthoff would't pitch at all this weekend.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:45 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:35 pm

You're really missing the point. No one would have predicted that we would go 4- if they knew Olthoff would't pitch at all this weekend.
yes but he got scratched on Friday. So we didn’t know until then. But we didn’t 4-
I see your point. Most thought 2-2 or less once we found out Friday.
Tulane Class of 1981