Dannen and Fritz not going to KU

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
gbgreenie
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:22 am
nawlinspete wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:21 am
DaveBrownStreak wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:46 pm Derrick Guin
@DerrickGuin
· 1h
@MeganMakinMoney Rumors: Tulane HC Fitz going to Kansas. Former Tulane OC Will Hall who just took USM HC position is being offered same at Tulane plus 2 million
IF true Long will walk , probably to KU , IF Hall accepts at 2M . IF Hall stays at South Miss then Long will demand 2.2M to be HC . IF WE DO NOT HIRE LONG AS HC WE WILL MOST LIKELY SEE VIRTUALLY THE ENTIRE FOOTBALL OPERATION RELOCATE TO KANSAS .
Not happening, fake news!!!

Rat
Ripple

Why would Willie hire two new coaches if he were about to leave. He ain’t leaving.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Rat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:38 am Why would Willie hire two new coaches if he were about to leave. He ain’t leaving.
Because he’s not been offered the Kansas job at this time, so he has to operate as if he’s going to be at Tulane for the foreseeable future but if Kansas does offer, he will likely leave
nawlinspete
Riptide

Rat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:38 am Why would Willie hire two new coaches if he were about to leave. He ain’t leaving.
Saw that also ( Football Scoop ) . Certainly looks like he now is not planning to jump to KU .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

If Dorothy and ToTo make an offer, WF is gone...he can cash in at a place with moderate expectations of football success...schedule sum OOC cupcakes, pad the win total and go 6-6...he will be a god...he also has a few recruiting tools, he will follow the Bill Snyder two step blueprint...JC. & .CC..
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:00 am If Dorothy and ToTo make an offer, WF is gone...he can cash in at a place with moderate expectations of football success...schedule sum OOC cupcakes, pad the win total and go 6-6...he will be a god...he also has a few recruiting tools, he will follow the Bill Snyder two step blueprint...JC. & .CC..
And if he leaves we will be fine, and I don't think Mike Fitts & Doug Hertz will "get their feelings hurt" as did Cowen in 1998, pass of a "red hot" RR, and then go looking for a "warm body who will stay" and agree to 350k a year, or like in 1980 when Hindman Wall exercised his vendetta against "red hot" OC Lindy Infante, and hired instead a Vince Gibson with an overall record at the time of hire of 59-81-1.

We should learn from our sad history by thanking WF for 5 years of stability and then, unlike for 1980 & 1998, hire the best man for the job.
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:00 am If Dorothy and ToTo make an offer, WF is gone...he can cash in at a place with moderate expectations of football success...schedule sum OOC cupcakes, pad the win total and go 6-6...he will be a god...he also has a few recruiting tools, he will follow the Bill Snyder two step blueprint...JC. & .CC..
Bill Snyder was special. I don't think he ever spent a day coaching JC & CC.
His brilliance was immediately recognized wherever he went and his loyalty to that program that he transformed may never be seen again.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:54 pm
Bill Snyder was special. I don't think he ever spent a day coaching JC & CC.
His brilliance was immediately recognized wherever he went and his loyalty to that program that he transformed may never be seen again.
Bill Snyder did not coach at the JC's...but he sure as hell recruited them
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He had to hire coaches for spring practice before the KU job was open.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:30 pm
He had to hire coaches for spring practice before the KU job was open.
Rat is addressing yesterday's hires as reported by Football Scoop .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Eaglewave wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:59 pm
Wave755 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:44 pm
Eaglewave wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 pm Some of y’all can cancel this 3 years and done mess if WF goes to Kansas. He will be there longer because he will win enough games to keep him there for a while. Kansas hasn’t won more than 8 games in a season since 2008. Fritz is a winner, can easily keep them at 7+ wins on a regular basis. Some of you believe that it’s easier to win at Tulane than it really is for some crazy reason. I want him to stay, but if he gets the Kansas call, he is gone and will win.
With Oklahoma & Texas just to the south of Kansas and no real in-state Kansas recruiting base, Mission Impossible.

Winning 7 games at Kansas on a consistent basis is not impossible. Glen Mason and Mark Mangino proved this. Fritz has what it takes to turn Kansas into a Bowl Program again.

The Big 12 isn’t what it use to be either. As you saw this past fall, The Sun Belt Cajuns beat the Big 12 Conference Champion! There is no way Fritz wouldn’t be able to go to Kansas and win a few conference games.
He might win a few conference games over a four year period--perhaps a couple conference games a year--maybe. KU just went winless in that weakened Big 12. Yes, ULaLa beat Iowa State, the same Iowa State that beat KU, again. ULaLa's football is much better than KU's, and will likely continue to be better. Tulane's football program is much better than KU's, and will likely remain so.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Rat
Ripple

I was referring to the TULANE web site.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Rat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:50 pm I was referring to the TULANE web site.
Thanks. I see that now. As to those two analyst being hired they were likely hired a few weeks ago. Tulane has a process that they have to go through with new hires and it's not until that is completed that they officially announce the hirings.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

If Fritz does leave with the increased salary that we pay our football coach we will have no problem getting a better football coach than Fritz. I see Fritz leaving as a great opportunity for us to actually go from “good to great.” Fritz made us respectable after so many years of losing but he will likely never have us competing for an AAC championship. As someone on the Kansas message board said the floor is high with Fritz but the ceiling is low when compared to some of the other candidates they are looking at. In replacing Fritz we would be looking at highly qualified candidates like Lance Leipold, Bill Clark, Sean Lewis, Jim McElwain, Mike Neu, Rhett Lashlee, Chip Long, Phil Longo, Jeff Lebby, Tom Herman (he may be a long shot but still possible.), and Todd Monken (former USM head coach and currently offensive coordinator at Georgia not to be confused with Army coach Jeff Monken.) This could turn out really well for Tulane with such an extensive list of highly qualified candidates and with a Fritz type salary we would be willing to pay.
gbgreenie
Surge

Willie will never leave Tulane he found a home and is ready to take us to the next level. Naysayers you get old and spend too much hot air instead of staying positive and what happens does. But it won't be Willie leaving. His name will always come up in the next few years but when he reaches 65 those calls will end!!! I am in love with these QB's, now if we have a couple of receivers to go with Duece Watts our offense will be on fire. Throw in a nice pass catching tight end we will be unstoppable!!! I was praying that we get Lionel Washington to take the defense to the next level, but I am hoping Hampton will be okay. Defense has talent in the backfield but must use proper technique, don't lose sight of the QB, read his eyes to see where he is going with the ball. If you see where the ball is heading, you can beat the ball to the receiver and make some interceptions, read the receivers eyes also if they are wide open the ball is coming your way!!! Let's kill covid19 get vaccinated, that will enable us to pack the stadium and get the ball rolling against Oklahoma Sooners. Roll Wave Nation, Positivity does more for a program than anything else!!!
Bigschtick
Riptide

Sunamiwave wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:40 pm If Fritz does leave with the increased salary that we pay our football coach we will have no problem getting a better football coach than Fritz. I see Fritz leaving as a great opportunity for us to actually go from “good to great.” Fritz made us respectable after so many years of losing but he will likely never have us competing for an AAC championship. As someone on the Kansas message board said the floor is high with Fritz but the ceiling is low when compared to some of the other candidates they are looking at. In replacing Fritz we would be looking at highly qualified candidates like Lance Leipold, Bill Clark, Sean Lewis, Jim McElwain, Mike Neu, Rhett Lashlee, Chip Long, Phil Longo, Jeff Lebby, Tom Herman (he may be a long shot but still possible.), and Todd Monken (former USM head coach and currently offensive coordinator at Georgia not to be confused with Army coach Jeff Monken.) This could turn out really well for Tulane with such an extensive list of highly qualified candidates and with a Fritz type salary we would be willing to pay.

I agree entirely!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
gbgreenie
Surge

Bigschtick wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:43 pm
Sunamiwave wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:40 pm If Fritz does leave with the increased salary that we pay our football coach we will have no problem getting a better football coach than Fritz. I see Fritz leaving as a great opportunity for us to actually go from “good to great.” Fritz made us respectable after so many years of losing but he will likely never have us competing for an AAC championship. As someone on the Kansas message board said the floor is high with Fritz but the ceiling is low when compared to some of the other candidates they are looking at. In replacing Fritz we would be looking at highly qualified candidates like Lance Leipold, Bill Clark, Sean Lewis, Jim McElwain, Mike Neu, Rhett Lashlee, Chip Long, Phil Longo, Jeff Lebby, Tom Herman (he may be a long shot but still possible.), and Todd Monken (former USM head coach and currently offensive coordinator at Georgia not to be confused with Army coach Jeff Monken.) This could turn out really well for Tulane with such an extensive list of highly qualified candidates and with a Fritz type salary we would be willing to pay.
Hearing that Willie Fritz is probably staying at Tulane ...
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/coaching...
Hearing that Willie Fritz is probably staying at Tulane - Per Ed Daniels on Twitter Yes I know Ed Daniels isn’t the greatest Tulane source, but it makes sense.

I agree entirely!
Wave Fan
Low Tide

I hope to goodness he stays. He’s one of the best coaches we have ever had. This is Tulane and he gets it! We are on the cusp of turning the corner . Just think of what the 60 years has looked like.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Any rational fan is hoping he stays. Even coaches like Leopold and Bill Clark, who would be “home run “ hires, are less preferable than him staying. Stick with the known commodity trending up (he finally has a QB, continued uptick in recruiting and good OC). If he doesnt win more the. 7 games in the next two years feel free to rub my nose in it.

Also I can’t find anything from Ed Daniels, or that tiger droppings (ugh My iq is already dropping) link.
nawlinspete
Riptide

I also find nothing from Daniels .
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:00 am Also I can’t find anything from Ed Daniels, or that tiger droppings (ugh My iq is already dropping) link.
I can’t find anything from Ed Daniels on WF staying either?
Here is a link to Ed’s Twitter feed:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WGNOsports?r ... r%5Eauthor
ajcalhoun
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:40 pm In replacing Fritz we would be looking at highly qualified candidates like Lance Leipold, Bill Clark, Sean Lewis, Jim McElwain, Mike Neu, Rhett Lashlee, Chip Long, Phil Longo, Jeff Lebby, Tom Herman (he may be a long shot but still possible.), and Todd Monken (former USM head coach and currently offensive coordinator at Georgia not to be confused with Army coach Jeff Monken.)
That's a great list but scratch Leopold, Clark, McElwaine, and Hermann. Their next jobs will be at P5s.
I'd prefer Neu or Monken but I'd be happy with anyone on that list.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:42 pm
Sunamiwave wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:40 pm In replacing Fritz we would be looking at highly qualified candidates like Lance Leipold, Bill Clark, Sean Lewis, Jim McElwain, Mike Neu, Rhett Lashlee, Chip Long, Phil Longo, Jeff Lebby, Tom Herman (he may be a long shot but still possible.), and Todd Monken (former USM head coach and currently offensive coordinator at Georgia not to be confused with Army coach Jeff Monken.)
That's a great list but scratch Leopold, Clark, McElwaine, and Hermann. Their next jobs will be at P5s.
I'd prefer Neu or Monken but I'd be happy with anyone on that list.

I really liked Mike Neu when he was a coach at Tulane, but his HC record is spotty, at best. He's only had one season above .500, and it was last season, the COVID year. If you throw out 2020 his record at Ball State was 15-33, with a conference record of 7-24.

The fact that he went 7-1 and 6-1 in conference in the COVID should be applauded. But it doesn't IMHO, earn him a step out of the MAC into the AAC.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican