Jackson St. Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:22 pm Bright spot:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... ded4c.html
Sounds like we need a lot more like him.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Don’t care anymore :

“Jewitt Must Go”
capwave
High Tide

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:59 am Don’t care anymore :

“Jewitt Must Go”
Exactly! Who care’s.
What was my favorite sport to follow at Tulane and was once the pride of our athletic department has been driven into the ground. Thanks Dannen
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

capwave wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:44 pm
DaveBrownStreak wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:59 am Don’t care anymore :

“Jewitt Must Go”
Exactly! Who care’s.
What was my favorite sport to follow at Tulane and was once the pride of our athletic department has been driven into the ground. Thanks Dannen
I know the feeling
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
gbgreenie
Surge

Bring back Andy and the Glory Days of Green Wave Baseball. Watch him celebrate!!!
"I love teaching the game and just being around it at the college level," Cannizaro said Saturday. "This is something I've always wanted to do. Growing up with my dad, a former high school and college coach, being in the dugout all the time - I just fell in love with the game.

"Playing it was great, and working as a scout was tremendous. But I feel like I'm ready at this point in my career to start a new challenge and bring my evaluation skills and the tools that I have gained to the coaching side. I can't wait to get back on the field and teach young players the game the way I have been blessed to be taught all these years."
"To me, the most important part of being a hitting coach is talking to your players about not just looking to hit the ball, but plate discipline, strike zone discipline, getting to the point where when you swing at pitches you can swing and make the best impact possible," Cannizaro said.

"It's important to use the entire field. It's important to define roles. We need guys who are up there to take pitches and work counts, get on base and set the table. We need guys who can move runners when the time is right. And we need guys who can barrel up the ball and produce runs.

"I want to teach each kid to maximize his game. Find what you do best and let's stick to that and build it around a team concept."

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

gbgreenie wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:10 pm Bring back Andy and the Glory Days of Green Wave Baseball. Watch him celebrate!!!
"I love teaching the game and just being around it at the college level," Cannizaro said Saturday. "This is something I've always wanted to do. Growing up with my dad, a former high school and college coach, being in the dugout all the time - I just fell in love with the game.

"Playing it was great, and working as a scout was tremendous. But I feel like I'm ready at this point in my career to start a new challenge and bring my evaluation skills and the tools that I have gained to the coaching side. I can't wait to get back on the field and teach young players the game the way I have been blessed to be taught all these years."
"To me, the most important part of being a hitting coach is talking to your players about not just looking to hit the ball, but plate discipline, strike zone discipline, getting to the point where when you swing at pitches you can swing and make the best impact possible," Cannizaro said.

"It's important to use the entire field. It's important to define roles. We need guys who are up there to take pitches and work counts, get on base and set the table. We need guys who can move runners when the time is right. And we need guys who can barrel up the ball and produce runs.

"I want to teach each kid to maximize his game. Find what you do best and let's stick to that and build it around a team concept."

Wow. Great video! Thx!
Great memories!!!
Tulane Class of 1981
tnelly15
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:11 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:10 pm Bring back Andy and the Glory Days of Green Wave Baseball. Watch him celebrate!!!

Wow. Great video! Thx!
Great memories!!!
I’ve been sharing some old Tulane baseball videos on Twitter and FB. Too bad most of what I have is no longer watchable. If anyone else has some, preferably from the 2000-2005 era please share

Jaxwave
Swell

Great video but try to edit out the little scoreboard thing.
tnelly15
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:00 pm Great video but try to edit out the little scoreboard thing.
LOL
it’s a 20 year old VHS transferred to a DVD-R filmed by an iPhone. This is the best I can do for now
Show Me
Tsunami

Need a 10 run output tonight to get ready for Memphis
ajcalhoun
Swell

He's definitely looking for another college Head Coaching job.
God Bless Everyone!
TURVS71
Swell

"A Long Time Ago, In a Galaxy Far Away.............."
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
TURVS71
Swell

So, IF Tulane loses to Jackson State.......then. ............
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:24 pm Need a 10 run output tonight to get ready for Memphis
You got it!
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave hang on and win sloppy 10-7 in another nearly 4 hour ballgame.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

Show Me wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:24 pm Need a 10 run output tonight to get ready for Memphis
Perfect assessment.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well at least the preseason is over with.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

http://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/202 ... n-Athletic

Only two teams in the entire conference are more than one game above .500. And that's non-conf. Now that we're going to conf play, with no midweek non-conf games, that can't even get better. Sad year for the AAC all around.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:35 pm http://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/202 ... n-Athletic

Only two teams in the entire conference are more than one game above .500. And that's non-conf. Now that we're going to conf play, with no midweek non-conf games, that can't even get better. Sad year for the AAC all around.
Yes. One bid league now should ECU win the conference tournament
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

after beating Coach Prime's school.....it's .Contract Extension Time
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:15 pm Well at least the preseason is over with.
For sure ;)
🤗🤗🤗 since the real season starts Thursday anything less then a sweep vs Memphis will be disappointing since these games now count. 8-) 8-)
Funny Travis would say that considering his former team Vanderbilt has now wow 22 straight (midweek games) over the last few seasons that must be part of their preseason prep as well I guess. 🤔🤦‍♂️
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:17 am
winwave wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:15 pm Well at least the preseason is over with.
For sure ;)
🤗🤗🤗 since the real season starts Thursday anything less then a sweep vs Memphis will be disappointing since these games now count. 8-) 8-)
Funny Travis would say that considering his former team Vanderbilt has now wow 22 straight (midweek games) over the last few seasons that must be part of their preseason prep as well I guess. 🤔🤦‍♂️
TJ's opinion of midweek pre conference games...'Games ?!,,,these are not "games".. they are strictly practice, with umpires and nice uniforms"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:17 am
For sure ;)
:cheers:
swampnik
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:11 pm

Wow. Great video! Thx!
Great memories!!!
The year LSU finished No. 1 overall; did not Tulane beat them both games that year?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)