Womens BB loses Jordan

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
wave97
Swell

JerseyWave wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:20 pm Stockton mailed it in a long time ago. She gets to enjoy job security for delivering mediocre results. Most of us should be so lucky, earning a good salary with no pressure to produce.
Every single non-rev sport is a coach's paradise . Who me, win? It's a great subsidized gig brought to you via Title IX and at the expense of Football & to a lesser extent Men's Basketball.
In the end, nobody really wants to watch these sporting events. They are nothing but a millstone on the neck's of any athletic department that participates in FBS football. Whether you want to accept it, or not, the whole reason of P5 football was to absorb the monumental cost of 85+ scholly's and associated administrative of costs of Title IX.
The die was cast in 1984 NCAA vs U of Oklahoma/U of Georgia.
Restrictions for who had a seat at the table would proceed from there.

MicMan
Swell

So TU loses its best hoops player the day after it gives its mediocre mens coach an extension.

So very Tulane.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
McWave
High Tide

And LS couldn’t find an assistant coaching gig for Ferris with TU. Just stupid. Regardless of the possible transfer to Stetson.
greenie78
Riptide

So much for going to a bigger conference.

Either way, black eye for the program and university. Time to make a change.
anEngineer
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:20 pm Might follow Farris:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 6794f.html
I don't know that I believe the "speculation" that she will follow Farris to Stetson. Who is speculating that other than the person writing the article or some undisclosed "expert"? That just would not make sense. Farris isn't even the head coach at Stetson.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Just more depressing news for whats left of the Tulane fan base!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

wave97 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:59 am
JerseyWave wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:20 pm Stockton mailed it in a long time ago. She gets to enjoy job security for delivering mediocre results. Most of us should be so lucky, earning a good salary with no pressure to produce.
Every single non-rev sport is a coach's paradise . Who me, win? It's a great subsidized gig brought to you via Title IX and at the expense of Football & to a lesser extent Men's Basketball.
In the end, nobody really wants to watch these sporting events. They are nothing but a millstone on the neck's of any athletic department that participates in FBS football. Whether you want to accept it, or not, the whole reason of P5 football was to absorb the monumental cost of 85+ scholly's and associated administrative of costs of Title IX.
The die was cast in 1984 NCAA vs U of Oklahoma/U of Georgia.
Restrictions for who had a seat at the table would proceed from there.
+1,000
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:59 am
winwave wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:20 pm Might follow Farris:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 6794f.html
I don't know that I believe the "speculation" that she will follow Farris to Stetson. Who is speculating that other than the person writing the article or some undisclosed "expert"? That just would not make sense. Farris isn't even the head coach at Stetson.
I agree. That's why I used "Might".
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I wonder if her going to Stetson would prompt change ? Literally you have a generational local talent who likes Tulane and then leaves for an even smaller and less competitive school ? I’m not a huge wbsb fan, but this is awful optics and should prompt Dannen to do something.
Show Me
Tsunami

Simple fix. Tell Lisa her time is over so retire and then hire Farris as your next coach. Jordan would stay I’d bet.
anEngineer
Riptide

I enjoy watching Tulane women's basketball and I wish they were better, but it's pretty easy to set the bar low. There are only a handful of programs capable of winning the championship and it's the same handful every year. USF will be the favorite to win the AAC every year but does anyone think they will ever win the NCAA? I don't. This year I believe, USF had 2 Americans on the team. Jose Fernandez has connections in Europe to bring in the better players. Who is second in the AAC, maybe UCF? They are an enormous school and pull from a huge, growing state. Who's next? Tulane is generally in that 3-7 group that changes every year. Many on this site complain about the lack of local talent in all our programs; do we want to compete with a team full of Europeans? Maybe, maybe not.

Most of us acknowledge what Title IX has done. A much smaller percentage of girls want to commit to the rigors of high school and college athletics, yet Title IX forces you to have bodies in the jerseys in order to have a football program (which essentially funds entire athletic programs). The percentage of young American girls who want to commit to the extreme demands of athletics is much smaller than young American boys, so the pool of applicants is much smaller. You end up with the 20-30 outstanding players at the same schools. Almost all other schools end up with 2-3 pretty decent players, 4-5 reasonably athletic players and 4-6 roster fillers. How far do you get with that? So, do you commit more resources to end up in pretty much the same spot; maybe compete for the second best program in the conference? I agree that this coaching staff has shown complacence, but what better options are out there and to what end? Getting to the NCAA should be an attainable goal, but is one and done really competing or just filling up the bracket?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Predicting she ends up at Baylor.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:16 pm I wonder if her going to Stetson would prompt change ? Literally you have a generational local talent who likes Tulane and then leaves for an even smaller and less competitive school ? I’m not a huge wbsb fan, but this is awful optics and should prompt Dannen to do something.
Very analogous to what Dannen is doing to our baseball program. Heaven forbid we give an accomplished alum a chance.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DrBox
Riptide

Well Stockton found her replacement: a 10 ppg scorer (19% from 3) from USM, a team with an RPI c. 250.
Lazier and lazier.