Facility improvements

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

If Dannen raised $50 million, what should be first priority?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:37 pm

A. Stadium expansion
No votes
B. New basketball arena
33%
C. Football performance center
67%

Total votes: 12
JerseyWave
Riptide

Tulane has to keep up with the arms race.

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Can we repurpose the hertz center for something ? Turn our old Arena into the practice facility ?

Pratt is going to put us into the top 25 this year or next and build serious hype.

Hunter will continue the slow grind to the middle of the pack.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:30 pm Can we repurpose the hertz center for something ? Turn our old Arena into the practice facility ?

Pratt is going to put us into the top 25 this year or next and build serious hype.

Hunter will continue the slow grind to the middle of the pack.
There is probably at least a 15-20% chance Tulane loses Fritz to Kansas, so it's hard to project much at this moment in time.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:30 pm

I’ll believe it when I see it. I see 5 losses on the schedule next year
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:54 pm

After seeing your post and looking at Tulane's schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if Tulane went 1-3 out of conference given the roster and Fritz's historical record.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:11 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:54 pm

After seeing your post and looking at Tulane's schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if Tulane went 1-3 out of conference given the roster and Fritz's historical record.
Possible and if we lose to UAB, it’ll be at least 6 losses
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Athletic Performance Center
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Football Performance Center. We also need a new basketball arena, but football drives the bus, and pays the bills.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Without a doubt the performance center. If we want to be top 25 we need the facilities in place to attract that caliber of players.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Dannen has failed as a fundraiser and it is hard , virtually impossible , to expect any better from him going forward . A new AD is needed if we are to 'facility up'. Mrs Benson is the wildcard , without her no more new facilities .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Jaxwave
Swell

I think Dannen is probably facing the “Show me first” argument. In this day and age donors want to know their dollars are going to fund worthwhile causes. Donating to charities and even schools are good examples. Average at best athletic programs are probably tough to raise money for. Esp. ones with a bad history.
RobertM320
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:08 pm Football Performance Center. We also need a new basketball arena, but football drives the bus, and pays the bills.
Exactly the reason I voted the same way. We need a new arena but football pays the bills.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson