NSD-2-3-21

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
gbgreenie
Surge

2021 Best College Athletics in Louisiana
1. LSU
2. Louisiana Tech
3. ULL
4. ULM
5. Tulane

https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/b ... louisiana/
https://www.niche.com/colleges/universi ... eport-card
https://www.niche.com/colleges/tulane-u ... eport-card

Note: Check the Report Card Ratings of each school from Academics to campus life, dorms etc.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tulane was the only school to recieve an overall A+, if I read the article correctly
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:06 am 2021 Best College Athletics in Louisiana
1. LSU
2. Louisiana Tech
3. ULL
4. ULM
5. Tulane

Note: Check the Report Card Ratings of each school from Academics to campus life, dorms etc.
Ridiculous, simple response - Tulane is AAC, & La. Tech is CUSA, & ULALA is Sunbelt. And, if ULM were in the AAC for 2020 it wouldn't have won one conference game, but ULALA might have beaten ECU & had a chance against this year's Temple team, maybe? :confused:

Enough said. :D
Last edited by Wave755 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rat
Ripple

Ok I have had enough! I am a usl graduate, and ul will NEVER be at the level of Tulane academically are athletically. Ul has a good football season, playing in a shitty conference, and you think they beat lsu. I wish we played them every year so we could beat there assses. Exflash will disappear after next season when they go 8-4. And as far as recruiting goes Tulane got the pieces it needed to complete its next set in getting better. 247 have us at .8361 and usl at .8338. Usl got 4 RBs that were the highest ratings in their class. That’s one position, you can’t play them all at once. Can’t wait to see which ones leave. And I’ll take Yulman stadium over that toilet bowl cajun field. I bet exflash is originally from N. O.. ROLL CAJUN WAVE!!
Wave755
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:06 am 2021 Best College Athletics in Louisiana
1. LSU
2. Louisiana Tech
3. ULL
4. ULM
5. Tulane

And, who the Hell is "Niche.com" any way, and LSU gets an overall A- score; wow, a first for LSWho since its founding in 1860? So, needless to say, these guys really grade on a curve! (Although, of course, Tulane deserves its overall A+) :D
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:19 am
Wave QB wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:50 pm Wow. I am late for the party on this one.

I see Wave755 still hates ULL’s guts 😂, and Winwave is still in denial about a Tulane degree being easy to grab even in this era for an athlete compared to many other schools 😯.

Any-who, we should be more concerned about bringing in recruits who can help us win compete in the AAC instead of worrying about ULL. I agree that they are doing well under Napier and took full advantage of the COVID Season, but they are still Sun Belt ULL and aren’t on our schedule every year. I am would love to play them every year. Why? Because they bring a good crowd, and often give us another W for the season. No matter what, we need to always stay in front of them in recruiting.
I see waveqb is back and nothing has changed. Still wants to fill the schedule with weaklings so we can maybe scrounge 6 wins together to go to a nobodycares.com bowl. :roll:
😂 You are the poster I most admire if you didn’t know!

Until we are serious about being a top 25 G5, sit back and enjoy WF find ways to get us back in the ESPN College Bowl Lineup every year. Otherwise, you will keep beating a dead horse that hasn’t gotten up since the 1999. I have totally felt and understood your frustration several times, but I understand that we are in flashy times. 3-9 and 4-8 seasons with tough schedules and constant coaching changes aren’t flashy. Especially when your athletic facilities and administration continue to scream “We are a G5 trying to survive in a G5 Conference” to fans and supporters.

This fall, you will be thankful for Morgan State and UAB as they will put us 4 wins a way from going to our 4th consecutive Bowl Game. When was the last time we accomplished that? 4 consecutive 6+ wins season are a big deal for our program based on our history.

We have done your way and having nothing to show for it but a crap load of losing seasons, no Bowl History, no exposure, weak recruiting classes, and more frustration.

While you are frustrated that we aren’t kissing LSWho’s ass for a game, I will be looking forward to Pratt lighting up our other rival Southern Mississippi in 2022 in front of a nice Yulman crowd after a great start vs Massachusetts, Kansas State and Alcorn State! Since you won’t show up for the UMass, USM and Alcorn games, please at least buy tickets in support of our boys.

If we are start the 2022 season 4-0, drinks are on me at the USM game Winwave!
Last edited by Wave QB on Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wave QB
Swell

Rat wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:26 am Ok I have had enough! I am a usl graduate, and ul will NEVER be at the level of Tulane academically are athletically. Ul has a good football season, playing in a shitty conference, and you think they beat lsu. I wish we played them every year so we could beat there assses. Exflash will disappear after next season when they go 8-4. And as far as recruiting goes Tulane got the pieces it needed to complete its next set in getting better. 247 have us at .8361 and usl at .8338. Usl got 4 RBs that were the highest ratings in their class. That’s one position, you can’t play them all at once. Can’t wait to see which ones leave. And I’ll take Yulman stadium over that toilet bowl cajun field. I bet exflash is originally from N. O.. ROLL CAJUN WAVE!!
Stop it. Poor acting.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:02 pm
Wave QB wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:50 pm Wow. I am late for the party on this one.

I see Wave755 still hates ULL’s guts 😂, and Winwave is still in denial about a Tulane degree being easy to grab even in this era for an athlete compared to many other schools 😯.

Any-who, we should be more concerned about bringing in recruits who can help us win compete in the AAC instead of worrying about ULL. I agree that they are doing well under Napier and took full advantage of the COVID Season, but they are still Sun Belt ULL and aren’t on our schedule every year. I am would love to play them every year. Why? Because they bring a good crowd, and often give us another W for the season. No matter what, we need to always stay in front of them in recruiting.
I see waveqb is back and nothing has changed. Still wants to fill the schedule with weaklings so we can maybe scrounge 6 wins together to go to a nobodycares.com bowl. :roll:

Until we are serious about being a top 25 G5, sit back and enjoy WF find ways to get us back in the ESPN College Bowl Lineup every year. Otherwise, you will keep beating a dead horse that hasn’t gotten up since the 1999. I have totally felt and understood your frustration several times, but I understand that we are in flashy times. 3-9 and 4-8 seasons with tough schedules and constant coaching changes aren’t flashy. Especially when your athletic facilities and administration continue to scream “We are a G5 trying to survive in a G5 Conference” to fans and supporters.

This fall, you will be thankful for Morgan State and UAB as they will put us 4 wins a way from going to our 4th consecutive Bowl Game. When was the last time we accomplished that? 4 consecutive 6+ wins season are a big deal for our program based on our history.

We have done your way and having nothing to show for it but a crap load of losing seasons, no Bowl History, no exposure, weak recruiting classes, and more frustration.

While you are frustrated that we aren’t kissing LSWho’s ass for a game, I will be looking forward to Pratt lighting up our other rival Southern Mississippi in 2022 in front of a nice Yulman crowd after a great start vs Massachusetts, Kansas State and Alcorn State! Since you won’t show up for the UMass, USM and Alcorn games, please at least buy tickets in support of our boys.

Your way hasn't worked. People see right through beating up on nobodies while losing to teams with a pulse. It's the same 2-3,000 of us who go the games. I'm at all of them while you refuse to pay to see us play UCF, Cincy, Ole Miss, Oklahoma and the like. Instead you stay home cowering under the sheets. The program will never get better if people don't have standards for it. Might as well shut this version down because it hasn't moved the needle fan base wise. There is nothing historic about 4 straight 6 win seasons. Just like it's not historic to go to Bowl games in consecutive years when 78 teams make Bowl games. No one is buying what you are trying to sell.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:33 pm
Wave QB wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:02 pm

Your way hasn't worked. People see right through beating up on nobodies while losing to teams with a pulse. It's the same 2-3,000 of us who go the games. I'm at all of them while you refuse to pay to see us play UCF, Cincy, Ole Miss, Oklahoma and the like. Instead you stay home cowering under the sheets. The program will never get better if people don't have standards for it. Might as well shut this version down because it hasn't moved the needle fan base wise. There is nothing historic about 4 straight 6 win seasons. Just like it's not historic to go to Bowl games in consecutive years when 78 teams make Bowl games. No one is buying what you are trying to sell.

Not true buddy. I am at all of those games and take the road trips as well. You don’t have to buy it Winwave. Bowl friendly schedules are happening no matter if you like it or not. See the 2022 schedule for more details if you don’t buy it. The NOLA Bowl vs ULL and Armed Forces Bowl were both far from Nobody Cares Bowls.

Going to 4 straight Bowl Games are more “historic” than sitting home for 4 consecutive years. Especially when you are a G5 trying to keep up in the recruiting game. Kids don’t want to play for non bowl programs. We have been that program for far too long.

Do I want big time football? Yes. Does Tulane want big time football? I don’t see it. Until we know that Tulane is committed to being the best G5 program in the nation, we need to “at least” keep our heads above water and continue be a Bowl Program no matter what.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Stuck on low bar syndrome. Those nobody care Bowls haven't moved the needle attendance wise or recruiting wise. Must be a lonely party of one at those pity parties.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:09 am Stuck on low bar syndrome. Those nobody care Bowls haven't moved the needle attendance wise or recruiting wise. Must be a lonely party of one at those pity parties.
All of us want to see our Green Wave in a Peach Bowl vs an SEC Opponent! A Cotton or Fiesta Bowl trip vs a P5 would be beautiful for our program and should always be t he goal of our Athletic Department! But is it really? What have you seen in recent decades to determine that this is the goal?

These will always be “at least” Bowls for AAC programs.

Military Bowl
Armed Forces Bowl
Hawaii Bowl
Birmingham Bowl
Gasparilla Bowl Bowl
First Responder Bowl
Boca Raton Bowl
Frisco Bowl
Cure Bowl
Myrtle Beach Bowl
New Mexico Bowl

Call the Low Bar Bowls all tough want, but we are currently a AAC team and that’s the list of Bowls with some type of ties with “our” conference. You don’t care, put plenty of fans cared that we were in those Bowl Games instead of sitting at home watching La Tech, ULL and LSU represent Louisiana on the College Bowl Schedule.

We have 63 years of just plain ole losing seasons in our bag! What syndrome did we have all of those years of losing? After watching us on life support vs South Alabama, (who we are 1-1 against), and allow a 3rd string Navy QB turn into Russell Wilson in the second half, forgive me for not being fired up to take on Oklahoma and Lane Kiffin this fall. I will be in attendance if COVID-19 doesn’t restrict it, but I know for sure that it is going to take more than what our Athletic Program has shown to win both games. I am looking forward to your post game thread after those games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If a few hundred is plenty. Just keep putting pressure on them. They take the big checks so they should be expected to produce.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave QB wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:20 am

Military Bowl
Armed Forces Bowl
Hawaii Bowl
Birmingham Bowl
Gasparilla Bowl Bowl
First Responder Bowl
Boca Raton Bowl
Frisco Bowl
Cure Bowl
Myrtle Beach Bowl
New Mexico Bowl

Call the Low Bar Bowls all tough want, but we are currently a AAC team and that’s the list of Bowls with some type of ties with “our” conference.
Wow, our bowl tie-ins truly entrench the AAC in the land of G5's. There's not a bowl on the list that anyone other than fans of the participants give a crap about. Yes, I agree with winwave, these are all nobodycares.com bowl games, and going to three in a row is not a bfd.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave QB
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:35 am
Wave QB wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:20 am

Military Bowl
Armed Forces Bowl
Hawaii Bowl
Birmingham Bowl
Gasparilla Bowl Bowl
First Responder Bowl
Boca Raton Bowl
Frisco Bowl
Cure Bowl
Myrtle Beach Bowl
New Mexico Bowl

Call the Low Bar Bowls all tough want, but we are currently a AAC team and that’s the list of Bowls with some type of ties with “our” conference.
Wow, our bowl tie-ins truly entrench the AAC in the land of G5's. There's not a bowl on the list that anyone other than fans of the participants give a crap about. Yes, I agree with winwave, these are all nobodycares.com bowl games, and going to three in a row is not a bfd.
I don’t find those Bowls attractive either, but where do we go? Nowhere? We can’t sit at home and miss the Bowl Season. Top recruits that pick G5 schools want to play for winning programs that make it to the post season.

We have to stay in the win column at all cost. We have to continue to be a Bowl participating program. Finding the right guy to take over a 6-6 or 7-5 program is better than finding a guy to take over a 4-8 or 3-9 G5 program with a traditionally losing cultural.

If we decided to get rid of Fritz right now, the HC Job here is more attractive than it was after CJ and Buffet Bob were shown the door. A higher profile coach would be more interested in taking this job compared to what the previous 3 HC’s walked in to.

If names like Lane Kiffin can leave Bama as an assistant to go to FAU, Gus Malizahn calling the shots at UFC and Hugh Freeze at Liberty, we have to start believing that former P5 guys like Kevin Sumlin, Chris Peterson, Will Muschamp, Tom Herman, Jim Mora Jr, or Charlie Strong would be interested in bringing a 6-7 Bowl Program in New Orleans to the next level of winning more games and competing for conference championships. We have to get to that level.

Even ULM has Terry Bowden as their HC along with Rich Rodriguez as their damn Offensive Coordinator. Skip Holtz is at La Tech! I believe that we can go bigger if we get out of always having to sell a 3–9 and 4-8 non winning Bowl-Less program.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Wave QB is putting up one hell of an argument.
God Bless Everyone!
GreenLantern
Riptide

I'm uncertain that I have a firm opinion about this. It seems to come down to this: would you rather win 6 games and play in the Blowout Bowl at DryFart Kansas or would you rather win 3 games while playing against quality competition.

What's that? You want to win 9 games with Oklahoma, LSU, Notre Dame and Alabama on the schedule? C'mon man.

From personal experience, my enthusiasm for Tulane football was rekindled when we played (but lost) against ULL at the NOLA bowl, not exactly a blue-chip bowl appearance. It had been an 11 year bowl drought and I had given up hope. Nevertheless, I was one of the first to buy tickets to that game. I haven't missed a non-COVID home game since.
AugWave
Swell

Some of y'all don't have a pulse on what's going on, and I'm assuming it's an age thing. I'm way younger than a lot of you. But hey, it's a forum and people are bored. Keep beefing. *eats popcorn*
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
arkhou02
High Tide

Tell us the pulse.

I see a team that is very competitive with a great QB. I see a team that has recruited some terrific players. I see a team on the rise, regardless of a practice facility or Bryant-Denny. WF is a good coach and will get this program over the top. That is the real pulse.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nobody wants to win 3 games and stay home. What some want is for us to achieve what they claim to be shooting for- a conference championship. Glad to see that waveqb has come around from saying it can’t be done to saying if we make a good hire we can do better. Better facilities will help us draw a better pool of candidates and recruits.
Wave QB
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:12 pm I'm uncertain that I have a firm opinion about this. It seems to come down to this: would you rather win 6 games and play in the Blowout Bowl at DryFart Kansas or would you rather win 3 games while playing against quality competition.

What's that? You want to win 9 games with Oklahoma, LSU, Notre Dame and Alabama on the schedule? C'mon man.

From personal experience, my enthusiasm for Tulane football was rekindled when we played (but lost) against ULL at the NOLA bowl, not exactly a blue-chip bowl appearance. It had been an 11 year bowl drought and I had given up hope. Nevertheless, I was one of the first to buy tickets to that game. I haven't missed a non-COVID home game since.
Bingo!

I want to make it clear that completely understand Winwave and “felt” the same way he did until got a chance to be around other G5’s who do things differently for clout, more TV time, and to make their program more attractive to recruits and coaches. All of those programs are ahead of us! Years of frustration have finally taken a toll on me. I would rather complain with Winwave about firing the current 6-6 staff and bringing in a better one at the Boca Raton Bowl instead of doing the same thing at home with a 3-9 record vs pretty names.

For the record, I hate the AAC’s Bowl Affiliations! I expected more. However, we have no choice put to make sure that our program is in position to be in one of those Bowl Games no matter what.

A high profile Head Coach considering taking over a G5 team playing for a Cure Bowl Championship with a 7-5 record is different that him looking into taking over a 3-9 program coming off multiple losing seasons. Taking over a 6-8 win G5 program is more attractive to a than a 2-4 win G5 program any day of the week!
Wave QB
Swell

AugWave wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:57 pm Some of y'all don't have a pulse on what's going on, and I'm assuming it's an age thing. I'm way younger than a lot of you. But hey, it's a forum and people are bored. Keep beefing. *eats popcorn*
Tell us what’s going on AugWave! Put the popcorn down dammit!

Also, bring us that 6-11 offensive lineman for the Purple Knights while you are at it! I would rather see him here playing FBS ball than North Carolina A&T.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:51 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:12 pm I'm uncertain that I have a firm opinion about this. It seems to come down to this: would you rather win 6 games and play in the Blowout Bowl at DryFart Kansas or would you rather win 3 games while playing against quality competition.

Bingo!

I want to make it clear that completely understand Winwave and “felt” the same way he did until got a chance to be around other G5’s who do things differently for clout, more TV time, and to make their program more attractive to recruits and coaches. All of those programs are ahead of us! Years of frustration have finally taken a toll on me. I would rather complain with Winwave about firing the current 6-6 staff and bringing in a better one at the Boca Raton Bowl instead of doing the same thing at home with a 3-9 record vs pretty names.

For the record, I hate the AAC’s Bowl Affiliations! I expected more. However, we have no choice put to make sure that our program is in position to be in one of those Bowl Games no matter what.

A high profile Head Coach considering taking over a G5 team playing for a Cure Bowl Championship with a 7-5 record is different that him looking into taking over a 3-9 program coming off multiple losing seasons. Taking over a 6-8 win G5 program is more attractive to a than a 2-4 win G5 program any day of the week!
Straw man argument put up there by GL. Nobody wants to win 3 and stay home. Nobody plays a schedule like the one he suggested and NO ONE HERE asked to play that type of schedule. What they do want is for the program to do better than 6 wins against the weakest teams on the schedule and having to sweat it out to the last game to see if we can scrounge out that 6th win. Those other schools drew better coaches because they have better facilities. As long as Tulane buries its head in the sand on that then we will have a tough time getting a staff that can do better than 6 wins. And NO ONE SAID WILLIE SHOULD BE FIRED. He's got a legit prospect at QB now. He needs to get it done with him at the helm. Here's to hoping he can get it done.
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:33 pm
Wave QB wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:51 pm

Bingo!

Those other schools drew better coaches because they have better facilities. As long as Tulane buries its head in the sand on that then we will have a tough time getting a staff that can do better than 6 wins.
This goes into my point of our administration not being serious about big time football. Until we are serious, I welcome our 2022 Schedule!

UMass
(A guaranteed win.)

Alcorn State
(SWAC Stat Maker)

Kansas State
(A beatable P5 who hasn’t been strong in a while.)

Southern Mississippi
(If we come into this game 3-0, look for a solid crowd in Yulman for this rivalry.)

Bringing a 4-0 record to conference play would be big.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad to know you agree we need better facilities. But playing that schedule and going 4-0 wouldn't fill the place up. Tulane has tried the dumbing down act and our fan base is smarter than Tulane believes. If Hall improves USM quickly USM will have a lot of fans there. Would be interesting to see who has more.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I don't fully grasp the two sides. We all agree the bowl tie ins as stands are garbage across the G5 and AAC. Hopefully that will continue to change with an expanded playoff and further distancing ourselves from the g4.

The other part of the argument is the 2022 schedule is too soft ? i agree alcorn state isn't exciting ( but some what local, will they bring a crowd ?) and Umass is a joke. Kansas State i have no problem with to play a couple times. I do believe a few appearances in the top 25 would be exciting for the program and alums, and is a objective data point to show this is not the same ole tulane. Its the next step.

App State, ULL and the other G4 Schools do it all the time while playing no one ( yes ull beat iowa state, that is a good win). We can only play the teams on our schedule, and scheduling i think has been solid and getting better. Would still love to see Vandy, FSU, Baylor, Texas Tech. Glad we have a healthy dose of Miss State & Ole Miss coming. Locals care, recruits care, theyll bring a crowd, theyre old rivals and are also probably a step towards getting LSU ass back on the schedule.

Some time in the Top 25 will get you the new Football Ops building and get campus fired up.