Oklahoma press release

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tufinal4
High Tide

Today confirming they'll play their road opener September 11 I believe at Tulane in New Orleans.

Wave755
Tsunami

Here is the link: https://soonersports.com/news/2021/1/25 ... edule.aspx πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯‚πŸΎ

OK, now let's play a competitive game! Needless to say, since an opener, we will be at full strength.πŸ‘
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:38 am Here is the link: https://soonersports.com/news/2021/1/25 ... edule.aspx πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯‚πŸΎ

OK, now let's play a competitive game! Needless to say, since an opener, we will be at full strength.πŸ‘
I am happy as hell the game is still on.... I am sure the Heat and Humidity will take it's toll on the visiting Sooners...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tufinal4 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:46 pm Today confirming they'll play their road opener September 11 I believe at Tulane in New Orleans.
Yes it confirms they're playing Tulane in New Orleans on September 4th. It will be the opening game for both teams, I believe. OU has their home opener the following week, Sept 11 versus Western Carolina.

Interesting to note that OU and longtime rival Nebraska is the following week. At this point, Big 12 OU is throwing a bone to B1G Nebraska, despite the B1G being a much stronger conference. Seems like Nebraska has never been the same since moving to the B1G.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: ↑Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:20 am
tufinal4 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:46 pm Today confirming they'll play their road opener September 11 I believe at Tulane in New Orleans.
Yes it confirms they're playing Tulane in New Orleans on September 4th. It will be the opening game for both teams, I believe. OU has their home opener the following week, Sept 11 versus Western Carolina.

Interesting to note that OU and longtime rival Nebraska is the following week. At this point, Big 12 OU is throwing a bone to B1G Nebraska, despite the B1G being a much stronger conference. Seems like Nebraska has never been the same since moving to the B1G.
At Yulman for all the naysayers.
The contest, to be played at 30,000-seat Yulman Stadium on Tulane's campus, will mark OU's ninth game in the state of Louisiana. The other eight were Sugar Bowl contests in New Orleans (OU won six of them).
They beat us by 5-6 TD’s. Tough opener.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Nebraska has the same number of Big12 championships as Baylor, 2... once Nebraskas, "county ride walk on" program got the ncaa's attention, thanks to OU, they have been an after thought in college football...nebraska left the big12 becasue of Texas and OU, they had put up with OU's krap for years, but texas was the last straw...nebraska saw their in conference power being disolved, the big10 threw them a life line, and they took it....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I'm honestly shocked everything appears to be a go for this game at Yulman. I think we'll get slaughtered, but it should be a fun atmosphere. I freaking hope we're tailgating by then, but that would be another surprise too.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: ↑Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:48 am I'm honestly shocked everything appears to be a go for this game at Yulman. I think we'll get slaughtered, but it should be a fun atmosphere. I freaking hope we're tailgating by then, but that would be another surprise too.
hoping for a sell out, and 120 percent humidity
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:55 am
NOLABigSteve wrote: ↑Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:48 am I'm honestly shocked everything appears to be a go for this game at Yulman. I think we'll get slaughtered, but it should be a fun atmosphere. I freaking hope we're tailgating by then, but that would be another surprise too.
hoping for a sell out, and 120 percent humidity
Maybe it's going to be a day like the day we opened Yulman. That was one of the hottest days I can remember. I was doing the "ice bucket challenge" about every 20 minutes!
Wave755
Tsunami

We all remember a few years ago when Houston playing at home beat OU, πŸ€”probably got Herman the Texas job? But, Oklahoma is a great team. Since we will be playing at Yulman, I don't think we will begin the game with the same "deer staring into the headlights of a car" persona as for the Ohio State game in 2018. And, against OU in 2017 we had no QB. I just hope we keep it respectable.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Remember when people in this forum thought that this would be a competitive game? That feels like a lifetime ago.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Can't wait. God willing, I'll be in my seat at Yulman all bright-eyed and COVID-vaccinated.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:46 am

Nebraska has the same number of Big12 championships as Baylor, 2... once Nebraskas, "county ride walk on" program got the ncaa's attention, thanks to OU, they have been an after thought in college football...nebraska left the big12 becasue of Texas and OU, they had put up with OU's krap for years, but texas was the last straw...nebraska saw their in conference power being disolved, the big10 threw them a life line, and they took it....
That life line that Nebraska got looks more like a door mat. When they left the Big 12 they lost much of their recruiting access in Texas and even Louisiana. Like Arkansas, they've never been the same since.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

While I love watching games in Yulman, I think Dannen is missing a huge opportunity to make a very positive impression on OU, and the Big 12, by not scheduling this game in the Superdome. Sell discounted tickets to both OU and the New Orleans community and have a very full Superdome. That kind of impression would be remembered by OU if the Big 12 expansion issue resurfaces. Alternatively, the OU fans will probably have vivid memories of melting in the heat and humidity if its a day game--hopefully we'll get a televised night slot. Either way, it will be a huge competitive challenge, but should help prepare our team for subsequent success in 2021.
MicMan
Swell

"We're gonna spend $60 million on this place and, when we're sure of a sellout, not use it!" LOL
HoustonWave
Tsunami

There is bigger fish to fry than a single Yulman sellout. But then you're a burger man.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: ↑Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:33 pm There is bigger fish to fry than a single Yulman sellout. But then you're a burger man.
We haven't sold out Yulman since the day it opened. IF OU brings a lot of fans we might sell out Yulman this game. But Tulane fans will be a minority if we do.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I’ll be there with the other 2,000 Tulane fans and 20,000 OU fans. Gonna be fun.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TURVS71
Swell

MicMan wrote: ↑Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:15 pm "We're gonna spend $60 million on this place and, when we're sure of a sellout, not use it!" LOL
Double deck West Side and North End Zone.
THIS type of game would go along way to paying for the upgrade ..and some other big teams and it’s paid for . THEN we have a decent looking stadium!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
nawlinspete
Riptide

Move game to Dome , sell it out and leave a good impression on Big12 .

Certainly an air conditioned sell out better than another sweat box killer . Georgia Tech begged out of the final two games contracted .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
GreenLantern
Riptide

I am a big Yulman fan. That said, there are events that attract sufficient demand that they should be held in the Dome. This should be one, assuming the pandemic has responded to the vaccines and ticket sales have followed accordingly.

The Oklahoma game is scheduled on an early and probably hot and thunderstormy Sept 6. We opened Yulman on Sept 4 against Georgia Tech and it was the hottest football game I had ever or will ever attend. I love being on campus. I hate the hot, cold, and rain.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TURVS71 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:28 pm
MicMan wrote: ↑Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:15 pm "We're gonna spend $60 million on this place and, when we're sure of a sellout, not use it!" LOL
Double deck West Side and North End Zone.
THIS type of game would go along way to paying for the upgrade ..and some other big teams and it’s paid for . THEN we have a decent looking stadium!
the west side was supposed to be double decked, then the NIMBY's arrived and SC and RD cowered in fear
HoustonWave
Tsunami

One sellout every seven years isn't going to get us our West Upper Deck or enclosed North End Zone. The only chance of that happening is getting into a P5 conference, and consistently playing name schools. Right now, our best shot at that is the Big 12. If OU and Texas like coming to N.O., that will go along way to getting an invite. If we just play this out like any other game, it will show a complete lack of foresight by Dannen. This is an opportunity that shouldn't be wasted.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: ↑Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:00 pm One sellout every seven years isn't going to get us our West Upper Deck or enclosed North End Zone. The only chance of that happening is getting into a P5 conference, and consistently playing name schools. Right now, our best shot at that is the Big 12. If OU and Texas like coming to N.O., that will go along way to getting an invite. If we just play this out like any other game, it will show a complete lack of foresight by Dannen. This is an opportunity that shouldn't be wasted.
You are correct. It needs to be noted also that while the only game that actual attendance wise was a full stadium was the first all the rest were considered sell outs because the tickets had been bought. Yet after a full season of that the stadium lost money. So we can play whoever we want there but it will never pay for anything for football. So if we want to make money a game like this should be moved to the Dome.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

OU fans take any and all tickets a hosting team will sell to them. We can sell them 10,000 to sit and sweat at Yulman, or sell them 50,000 to rage away in the Superdome. Which do you think they will want to return and do again?