2021 Volleyball

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
anEngineer
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:46 pm I was a little bummed we weren’t picked to finish even in the top 3 of the conference. Looks the the conference is top heavy with a clear line between the good teams and the below average teams. Fingers crossed we break through, but I agree it’s been a bit like Fritz tenure- now or never
Pre-season picks are total BS.

localvb
High Tide

anEngineer wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:30 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:46 pm I was a little bummed we weren’t picked to finish even in the top 3 of the conference. Looks the the conference is top heavy with a clear line between the good teams and the below average teams. Fingers crossed we break through, but I agree it’s been a bit like Fritz tenure- now or never
I agree. Tulane was 1 point away from beating the #1 team UCF in the conference tournament last season. I think that makes them top 2!

Besides men’s Tennis this has been the most successful sport on campus over the last 5-6 years. Seems like there would be a little more positive post.
anEngineer
Riptide

localvb wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:56 am
I agree. Tulane was 1 point away from beating the #1 team UCF in the conference tournament last season. I think that makes them top 2!

Besides men’s Tennis this has been the most successful sport on campus over the last 5-6 years. Seems like there would be a little more positive post.
Positive post? Not on this site.
localvb
High Tide

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Having standards is positive. It's year 6. No excuses. Make the NCAA's.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:15 am

Having standards is positive. It's year 6. No excuses. Make the NCAA's.
Similar to Coach Fritz, as winwave points out, it's time for Barnes to take the next step. This program, like football, has had 6 years to put up or shut up. Make the tournament or just be another program that's part of the same old Tulane.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
alumniwave
Low Tide

Um the VB program has been to post season the last 2 years and went to the National championship of the NIT. You should be counting your blessings. Anyway the AAC gets 1 or 2 teams in the NCAA each year. The program has quickly moved from last to top 4. My money is on them getting in the top 2 this year.
But top 4 in the league would be great for any of the teams.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If it's only a one to two bid league top 4 isn't all that. It's year 6. Time to make the real tourney.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
alumniwave
Low Tide

Tulane VB just beat Cal in a huge WIN!!!
They went 3-0 for the 1st tournament. And a win over a PAC 12 team!!!!!!!.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's of course good that they won the tournament. They came back from being down 2 games to none to beat Northwestern State in the first match. As to Cal they went 1-21 last season.
alumniwave
Low Tide

That’s because their best players opted out and they played with walkons last year.
They are a good team now with several top 20 players.
They will win some games this year that will benefit Tulane’s RPI in a big way.
Some of you are hopeless.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not true. Just like when you claimed you were a major college AD.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

alumniwave wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:31 pm Tulane VB just beat Cal in a huge WIN!!!
They went 3-0 for the 1st tournament. And a win over a PAC 12 team!!!!!!!.
a win over a PEE team is a big azz win, no matter how good or bad they are..they are a proud PEE...and ya just got your PEE azz handed to ya
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
alumniwave
Low Tide

Just watched the replay on ESPN+.
Such an impressive. Our serving is so much aggressive. Returners played great and newcomers played unreal. Haven’t heard who got mvp but got to think Urquhart got the award. She is a major talent. Might be Tulane’s best player ever.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Where was the game played? Obviously not in NOLA
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:05 pm Where was the game played? Obviously not in NOLA
Yes they were.
localvb
High Tide

Hope everyone is doing ok back in NOLA!

Amazing 1st weekend for VB. Beating Cal is a national head turner.
This weekend they have some tough teams. VCU is really good and FSU is a perennial power. Glad they are safe and get to play!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

How is beating Cal a national head turner? They went 1-22 last year. don't appear to be world beaters before that.
localvb
High Tide

Cal was 20-10 in 2019. The last real season. They play in the PAC 12 and have a storied program in VB.
If football or BB beat Cal it would be a national head turner.
VB is even better in the PAC 12.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No beating Cal in football would not be a national head turner. IN VB they only went 10-10 in conference in 2019 and had 5 losing seasons before that. So no this is in no way, shape or form was a national head turner. Shame on you for trying to constantly mislead this site. It was a very weak field in that tourney.
localvb
High Tide

Wow. You are a piece of work.
And uninformed.
I’m pretty sure of Tulane football beat any PAC 12 team it would be a big deal.
And if you are paying attention Tulane VB beat them with their starting senior setter out. All conference middle Dinkins out. And all world Libero out.
And they beat them in pretty solid fashion. With a freshmen setter.
So I’m not ashame for saying that’s a pretty big deal.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

localvb wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:48 pm Wow. You are a piece of work.
And uninformed.
I’m pretty sure of Tulane football beat any PAC 12 team it would be a big deal.
And if you are paying attention Tulane VB beat them with their starting senior setter out. All conference middle Dinkins out. And all world Libero out.
And they beat them in pretty solid fashion. With a freshmen setter.
So I’m not ashame for saying that’s a pretty big deal.
Total BS as usual. Beating Cal in football would not turn heads nationally which year you claimed. You always want to go on this superstar was out and this one too. If we had that many superstars we’d be in the tourney every year. They have had 6 losing seasons in the last 7. We struggled to beat Northwestern State. It was a weak field no matter how much you exaggerate it. Bye Mrs. Barnes.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
localvb
High Tide

Wow. What a complete @@s

If you have read my post I’ve only informed on how the team is doing. I’ve been encouraged by people on this board to continue it after I moved to Dallas.
But it’s not worth my time.

Tulane has something great happening within this VB program. Enjoy it.
wavemania
Surge

i enjoy your posts localvb, please keep them coming. Since Coach Barnes took over, They are relevant again.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

localvb wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:38 pm Wow. What a complete @@s

If you have read my post I’ve only informed on how the team is doing. I’ve been encouraged by people on this board to continue it after I moved to Dallas.
But it’s not worth my time.

Tulane has something great happening within this VB program. Enjoy it.
I see you can't handle honesty. You have constantly come on and pumped sunshine. When the team loses you disappear. They win again and you show up. Tired act.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.