2021 Volleyball

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
localvb
High Tide

West standings with only 2 matches left:

Houston 8-0
Tulane 5-3
SMU 4-4
WSU 3-5
Memphis 2-6
Tulsa 2-6.

Tulane’s last match is against Tulsa. SMU is against Memphis.
2nd place is solidly in reach.

localvb
High Tide

So here is the latest.
If Tulane beats Tulsa both matches they secure a spot in the 4 team conference championship.

If they split they still get in.
If the lose both SMU takes it.

Tulsa is in last place and 0-4 at home. Like the Green Wave’s chances:)
Incredible how they turned this around after the season changed and losing their seniors, Libero and setters.
Would love to see them run through all the way to the championship.
localvb
High Tide

Tulane wins on the road at Tulsa to lock up 2nd place and a spot in the AAC tournament.
This team and program continue to impress!
localvb
High Tide

Tulane won again vs Tulsa to finish 7-3. Red hot going into the AAC tournament next weekend. The 3 freshmen have really come on and helped big time from losing 3 seniors in the Fall. All 3 have put up big numbers.

Tulane will play UCF on Friday in the semi finals.
I believe the winner of this game will win the championship!
alumniwave
Low Tide

This is impressive.
This program won 29 games 2 years ago. 22 wins last year. Now in this crazy year they go 7-3 in Covid conference getting 2nd place starting 3 freshmen.

And according to the website the ‘21 class coming in will be the highest ranked ever.

Bravo!
localvb
High Tide

This volleyball team almost pulled off the impossible. Playing #8 team in the country UCF who hadn’t dropped even 1 set and Tulane beat them 2 sets and was up by 9 points in another set but losses in 5!

What and incredible run by this team. They were 1 kill away from winning this in 4 sets.
With 3 freshmen vs a veteran team who won it with the same players last year.

Great job team!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Is there any chance of getting a post season bid? Is there a post season in volleyball this year? Does VB go back to the fall this fall?

I think Barnes is the best coach Tulane has. I don't know much about volleyball, but there's roughly 3x as many D1 volleyball programs as there are football programs, and he has a young team playing a top 10 team toe to toe. Well done, coach Barnes and the Green Wave Volleyball Team.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
localvb
High Tide

They shrunk the ncaa field from 64 to 48 for spring. So not many bids to give out. If Tulane had won they would have been in.
VB will move back to Fall. This team will be really good next season.
alumniwave
Low Tide

Just watched the replay on espn +
Tulane played great and had UCF beat. UCF was very lucky to come back and pull it out.
Way to rep Tulane VB
localvb
High Tide

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve seen two of the new freshmen playing in major club VB tournaments. Michelle Urquhart and Skyler Bumpers. Remember those names!!
They are going to set the AAC on fire. Two big time athletes with big time power and they have the eye of the tiger. Fierce competitors.
Can’t wait to see what they do at Tulane.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

localvb wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:07 am Over the last couple of weeks I’ve seen two of the new freshmen playing in major club VB tournaments. Michelle Urquhart and Skyler Bumpers. Remember those names!!
They are going to set the AAC on fire. Two big time athletes with big time power and they have the eye of the tiger. Fierce competitors.
"Eye of the Tiger"...I remember that from the early "Rocky" movies
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

localvb wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:07 am Over the last couple of weeks I’ve seen two of the new freshmen playing in major club VB tournaments. Michelle Urquhart and Skyler Bumpers. Remember those names!!
I would love to see the women make the tournament and make noise once they do so. I may know little about competitive volleyball, but I'm really thinking Barnes is Tulane's best coach. Thanks localvb for banging the drum for this program.
localvb
High Tide

Just saw this on Twitter. VB will play LSU, Florida St, Texas Tech, Cal, Miss State in non conference games. LSU will be at Tulane this year because Tulane went there in 2019 and whooped them.
Going to be some great competition!!
nawlinspete
Riptide

localvb wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:43 pm Just saw this on Twitter. VB will play LSU, Florida St, Texas Tech, Cal, Miss State in non conference games. LSU will be at Tulane this year because Tulane went there in 2019 and whooped them.
Going to be some great competition!!
Sure would be even nicer if that was our Football schedule . .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:37 pm Sure would be even nicer if that was our Football schedule . .
If you want to be 1-4 at best before heading into AAC play! I know, I know, there's only 4 ooc games, but there's only one of those 5 teams we'd have a chance to defeat. I think our VB team can fare much better against them.
localvb
High Tide

Well Tulane just got a great recruit and she is from New Orleans. I saw her post on Instagram. Nia Washington.
State player of the year and her mom was a former Tulane great VB player Kim Sentmore!

I heard this player was going to an SEC team but looks like Tulane grabbed her up.
Huge get!
Rat
Ripple

What about Skyler Bumpers? She is very highly ranked from Alabama.
localvb
High Tide

Rat wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:01 pm What about Skyler Bumpers? She is very highly ranked from Alabama.
Bumpers signed back in November and is in this incoming 2021 class. Look further back in the thread there is info and video on her. She is a big time athlete. Potential to be the best player in the AAC.

Nia is in the 2022 class. High flyer and really competes hard.
UCF and Tulane will have the most talent in the league.
localvb
High Tide

Just saw a post about a commitment from a transfer from the Big 10.
Not sure who it is but the Big 10 is by far the best league in college volleyball. Excited to find out who. This 2021 team is going to be really loaded.
localvb
High Tide

The Rich Kern volleyball site just listed Danyelle Williams from Northwestern transferred.
I looked her up and she happens to be the daughter of Aaron Williams who played for the New Orleans Hornets NBA team.
Major athletic player coming to Tulane.
dpm wave
Swell

Hopefully, each home football game will be flanked by a quality volleyball game. Excited to see the fall schedule ASAP
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

localvb wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:58 am The Rich Kern volleyball site just listed Danyelle Williams from Northwestern transferred.
I looked her up and she happens to be the daughter of Aaron Williams who played for the New Orleans Hornets NBA team.
it must be the Facilities !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
austxwave
High Tide

localvb wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:58 am The Rich Kern volleyball site just listed Danyelle Williams from Northwestern transferred.
But she's already used 4 years of eligibility. I guess maybe you get a 5th because of covid?
localvb
High Tide

From what I understand no one burned a year last year. So everyone gets 5 years who played during 2020 Covid.
So this is partly why so many are in the portal transferring as well.

Williams was a top 50 recruit out of HS. She should be a force in the AAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Looking forward to the season. This is his 6th year here so it's time to make the NCAA's.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.