Cyron Sutton

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We have a new WR:

No idea how all these transfers we have been getting from lesser academic schools can cut it at Tulane.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Good pick up.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

As per FTW: “ Sutton was a star for McNeese as an all-Southland player who set schools records for receptions in a season (67) and a game (13)”.

So this is a step in the right direction. . . A receiver who can catch the ball. He must have gone to class at mcneese as willie and the staff always do their due diligence. A good pick up
greenie78
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:34 am As per FTW: “ Sutton was a star for McNeese as an all-Southland player who set schools records for receptions in a season (67) and a game (13)”.

So this is a step in the right direction. . . A receiver who can catch the ball. He must have gone to class at mcneese as willie and the staff always do their due diligence. A good pick up
Well they didn’t have much class this year at McNeese after it got damaged from Hurricane Laura. Mostly virtual stuff.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Dave breslin
Swell

Welcome Cyron. We have a qb who can deliver you the ball.
gbgreenie
Surge

Dave breslin wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:58 pm Welcome Cyron. We have a qb who can deliver you the ball.
Small 5'10" 185 lbs, to win in the AAC we need big tall receivers 6' 2" or taller, the kind that gives Jaylon Monroe trouble on jump balls. The kind the Tigers get. Reason Sutton ended up at McNeese too small for major college Football!!!
greenie78
Riptide

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:20 pm
Dave breslin wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:58 pm Welcome Cyron. We have a qb who can deliver you the ball.
Small 5'10" 185 lbs, to win in the AAC we need big tall receivers 6' 2" or taller, the kind that gives Jaylon Monroe trouble on jump balls. The kind the Tigers get. Reason Sutton ended up at McNeese too small for major college Football!!!
He’s not even small enough for the NFL you moron. He’s a perfect size for a slot receiver.
Pepper
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:42 pm
He’s not even small enough for the NFL you moron. He’s a perfect size for a slot receiver.
That ass clown is consistent.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

If he can catch the ball and create separation that’s all I care about. The Patriots have shown small & skinny guys (welker, Edelman, Troy brown etc) can function effectively.
Dave breslin
Swell

It works if you’ve got a 6/2 heart and balls to catch. We’ve had some tall receivers that can’t catch poop. I’d agree that Tulsa/smu had bigger receivers but I’ll take one that moves the chains Cincy had physical DBs Maybe they can’t bend down to catch us
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:32 am We have a new WR:

No idea how all these transfers we have been getting from lesser academic schools can cut it at Tulane.

All come on man! We are all “hoping” that this FCS transfer can “cut it” in the classroom, and especially on the field with FBS caliber players. The point you are “attempting” to make remains to be seen. We all just have to wait. I am sure this kid only got this shot due to how horrible our WR’s were this year.

Wasn’t our debate in the last thread on this subject was about “top/big time” recruits coming to Tulane and being able to handle themselves a scholar-athletes? We don’t know what to expect from this FCS transfer WR. This is one of those kids who you “hope” can make some FBS noise on the field after showing flashes of potential at a lesser level. This is one of those kids who you “pray” can remain academically eligible after coming to us from a school like McNesse State and having attended a failing Orleans Parish Charter High School. Sorry man, this isn’t a 4 star transfer from Clemson or Alabama type player that we cried to you about having difficulties landing at Tulane. This is a kid who has hit the NOLA lottery and will get a shot at being a Tulane scholar athlete in the AAC! Where is Show Me when I need him?

Anyway, good luck Cyron! And good luck Winwave.
Last edited by Wave QB on Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever TU
Surge

Darnell Mooney is 5’11’’ 175. How’d he do? Idiotic comment
gbgreenie
Surge

Forever TU wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:10 pm
Darnell Mooney is 5’11’’ 175. How’d he do? Idiotic comment
Not idiotic, coach always says we need to get length and size to compete at the AAC Level. Said it many times!!! Athletes like Sutton go to smaller schools because the big programs want the 6'2" guys!!! Take a look at Oklahoma's offensive line, they average 325+ about size to get to the next level. Small receivers can do good but Mooney is a situational player at Chicargo. The tall receivers are cherished to get the ball in traffic!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:57 pm

All come on man! We are all “hoping” that this FCS transfer can “cut it” in the classroom, and especially on the field with FBS caliber players. The point you are “attempting” to make remains to be seen. We all just have to wait. I am sure this kid only got this shot due to how horrible our WR’s were this year.

Wasn’t our debate in the last thread on this subject was about “top/big time” recruits coming to Tulane and being able to handle themselves a scholar-athletes? We don’t know what to expect from this FCS transfer WR. This is one of those kids who you “hope” can make some FBS noise on the field after showing flashes of potential at a lesser level. This is one of those kids who you “pray” can remain academically eligible after coming to us from a school like McNesse State and having attended a failing Orleans Parish Charter High School. Sorry man, this isn’t a 4 star transfer from Clemson or Alabama type player that we cried to you about having difficulties landing at Tulane. This is a kid who has hit the NOLA lottery and will get a shot at being a Tulane scholar athlete in the AAC! Where is Show Me when I need him?

What a pathetic fool you are. This is who you said can't make it at Tulane. Yet he will. As to 4 star recruits from Alabama or Clemson we are never getting them with our small time facilities. Thanks for playing.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:55 pm Not idiotic, coach always says we need to get length and size to compete at the AAC Level. Said it many times!!! Athletes like Sutton go to smaller schools because the big programs want the 6'2" guys!!! Take a look at Oklahoma's offensive line, they average 325+ about size to get to the next level. Small receivers can do good but Mooney is a situational player at Chicargo. The tall receivers are cherished to get the ball in traffic!!!
Mooney is a starter for the Bears. Good chance next year he'll be their #1 WR. We need receivers that can catch the ball. PERIOD. Our receivers have the drops, run away from nobody, and were outplayed by their counterparts game in and game out. This is a step in the right direction.

By the way, there's a few FCS programs that have at least a dozen players that would start at Tulane or any G5. Our WR's this past season would be challenged to see the field at a few FCS programs.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:34 am
gbgreenie wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:55 pm Not idiotic, coach always says we need to get length and size to compete at the AAC Level. Said it many times!!! Athletes like Sutton go to smaller schools because the big programs want the 6'2" guys!!! Take a look at Oklahoma's offensive line, they average 325+ about size to get to the next level. Small receivers can do good but Mooney is a situational player at Chicargo. The tall receivers are cherished to get the ball in traffic!!!
Mooney is a starter for the Bears. Good chance next year he'll be their #1 WR. We need receivers that can catch the ball. PERIOD. Our receivers have the drops, run away from nobody, and were outplayed by their counterparts game in and game out. This is a step in the right direction.

By the way, there's a few FCS programs that have at least a dozen players that would start at Tulane or any G5. Our WR's this past season would be challenged to see the field at a few FCS programs.
Before Hall was the starter I completely agree we would have taken the QB and WR’s from any good FCS offense.
Pepper
Swell

I think he is a solid kid. Has handled some obstacles really well and reminds me a lot of Amare Jones except he has better hands. Very strong and great vertical.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:26 am

What a pathetic fool you are. This is who you said can't make it at Tulane. Yet he will. As to 4 star recruits from Alabama or Clemson we are never getting them with our small time facilities. Thanks for playing.
You are the pathetic fool! You believe that being a scholar athlete at ULL or McNeese is the same as being at Tulane! The you claim we have “easy” majors. Who is the big ass joke here? You! You don’t know anything about being a scholar athlete at Tulane.

We are all “hoping” he can make it here! You don’t know what in the hell he can do! None of us know! You will have to sit back and shut up just like all of us while he is enrolled here!

Hopefully this FCS-McNeese transfer can make it here on the field and in the classroom!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:49 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:26 am

You are the pathetic fool! You believe that being a scholar athlete at ULL or McNeese is the same as being at Tulane! The you claim we have “easy” majors. Who is the big ass joke here? You! You don’t know anything about being a scholar athlete at Tulane.

We are all “hoping” he can make it here! You don’t know what in the hell he can do! None of us know! You will have to sit back and shut up just like all of us while he is enrolled here!

Hopefully this FCS-McNeese transfer can make it here on the field and in the classroom!
I was clearly being sarcastic. I know he's going to make it. Easy majors abound. Look at all the transfers we get now. No longer turning down a bunch of courses from other schools because they weren't worthy. Those days are over. It's a new and easy world.
arkhou02
High Tide

He is being looked at by pro teams. That is all you need to know. Great pick up. Academically he will do fine. Let’s get one more terrific WR to fill this position.
Eaglewave
Swell

arkhou02 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:09 pm He is being looked at by pro teams. That is all you need to know. Great pick up. Academically he will do fine. Let’s get one more terrific WR to fill this position.
I hear he was a honor roll student in high school and stayed academically eligible at McNeese, so he should be fine.

Tell Wave QB and gbgreenie that we don’t give a shit if the kid is from McNeese, Grambling, Louisiana College, Delgado or Nunez as long as he can catch that damn football!!!!!
Ball Sumrall!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Stefon Diggs is listed at 6' and 190, which I doubt he's that big--and he's been torching up the NFL. All Pro this year. I wouldn't obsess about the size of our WR's. First we need WRs that can catch the ball, and then we need an OC that can design pass plays that get the ball to all our WRs, tall or not.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If you’re open you don’t have to be tall.
Jaxwave
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:35 pm If you’re open you don’t have to be tall.
It would be nice, however, so that your catch radius is larger not requiring as accurate a throw.