Depleted Green Wave’s bowl loss will not stop progress

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
IM42lane
Swell

https://crescentcitysports.com/depleted ... -progress/

What Ken Trahan writes here is what I go along with wholeheartedly. It's been a tough 2020 FOR ALL to deal with,

Along with Ken's remarks, I would like to compliment Troy Dannen and Willie Fritz (and his players and coaches) for doing the best they could to give us a 2020 football season of 12 games. ROLL GREEN WAVE!!!!!

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
GreenLantern
Riptide

From the article:
The losses to Navy and Tulsa prevented the Green Wave from having a good, winning season. They will sting in retrospect but they must serve as learning experiences.
Hasn't Tulane football had enough painful 'learning experiences' to qualify for an honorary doctorate?
nawlinspete
Riptide

Amen , no more excuses and no more "credits" toward a second doctorate should be tolerated .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

100%
There were way too many dropped passes to even begin to detail this past season. One of the interceptions was a drop on Tuesday.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Belongs in the Bowl game thread.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

What were the stats for guys missing ? 16+ missing for kickoff ? And by the 4th it was 25 players ?

In conjunction with major staff turnovers it is what it is. It was never going to make our season or break it
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Right. The season was already a disappointment.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Green Wave Football wrote the textbook used for Disappointing Losses 101. They keep adding some new case studies to update the book so students have to buy the latest.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenie78
Riptide

The team has plateaued and with it recruiting. Need to have a breakthrough season this year. Talent is there to win. Need better execution and game-planning especially on the defensive side. Also need more resources put in to compete consistently. We’re not losers anymore but not consistent winners either.
Wave755
Tsunami

IM42lane wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:14 am https://crescentcitysports.com/depleted ... -progress/

What Ken Trahan writes here is what I go along with wholeheartedly. It's been a tough 2020 FOR ALL to deal with,

Along with Ken's remarks, I would like to compliment Troy Dannen and Willie Fritz (and his players and coaches) for doing the best they could to give us a 2020 football season of 12 games. ROLL GREEN WAVE!!!!!
Trahan is correct, playing “en banc,” with a full bench, we would have beaten Nevada. I’m over it, and hopefully so too will be the pandemic when we kickoff the 2021 season on September 4th.🤞🏻 :D 8-)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:58 am
IM42lane wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:14 am https://crescentcitysports.com/depleted ... -progress/

Trahan is correct, playing “en banc,” with a full bench, we would have beaten Nevada. I’m over it, and hopefully so too will be the pandemic when we kickoff the 2021 season on September 4th.🤞🏻 :D 8-)
just got the memo the pandemic / C-19 will end and taxes wil rise on 1-20-21 ...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I hope Trahan’s optimism for the 2021 season is born out. But as I watch Coastal Carolina vs Liberty in the Cure Bowl, both these teams would clean out clock this year. Why? Primarily because they are better coached and execute on every play. They are both far better at the fundamentals—they block and tackle much better than we did this season. And they play ever play with energy and effort. Their WRs can catch the football, their OL’s can block, both teams tackle well, and there are no procedural penalties. Coaching, coaching and coaching.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana