Potato Bowl Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This is our Bowl game and deserves its own thread. Let's go get another Bowl win!
Last edited by winwave on Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Dave breslin
Swell

Are we in ? Hadn’t seen an announcement. And who will be our opponent? And it could be 0 degrees. Hope we play another warm weather team
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:58 am Are we in ? Hadn’t seen an announcement. And who will be our opponent? And it could be 0 degrees. Hope we play another warm weather team
This has been posted for many hours and on a different thread of this forum
https://tulanegreenwave.com/feature/bowlcentral
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:58 am Are we in ? Hadn’t seen an announcement. And who will be our opponent? And it could be 0 degrees. Hope we play another warm weather team
We are in. It looks like it will be Nevada.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Dave breslin
Swell

Thanks for the heads up. Any scoop on Nevada?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:53 am Thanks for the heads up. Any scoop on Nevada?
Nevada's HC, Jay Norvell was on the staff at OU for several years..had coaching stops at several big name schools as well as the NFL..played DB at Iowa...the OC is Matt Mumme, Hal Mumme's son, so ya know it will be wide open spread the field...the DC is Brian Ward, first year at Nevada, prior to that he was DC at Syracuse
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Dave breslin
Swell

Thanks golf. Sounds like a fairly good coaching group.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

My guess is that Fritz will be his own DC for this game? Can anyone confirm? Or ask the question if there's a virtual presser?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:05 pm
Dave breslin wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:53 am Thanks for the heads up. Any scoop on Nevada?
Nevada's HC, Jay Norvell was on the staff at OU for several years..had coaching stops at several big name schools as well as the NFL..played DB at Iowa...the OC is Matt Mumme, Hal Mumme's son, so ya know it will be wide open spread the field...the DC is Brian Ward, first year at Nevada, prior to that he was DC at Syracuse
Now ‘Nut, don’t you get your “panties all in a bunch” in abject cringing fear, loathing and terror over the Nevada Wolfpack (We’ll leave that to Wave QB😁). The Wolfpack has played nobody. https://fbschedules.com/nevada-football-schedule/ A Southern AAC squad like our Wave will handle these guys.👍🏻😎🙌🏻
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Now ‘Nut, don’t you get your “panties all in a bunch” in abject cringing fear, loathing and terror over the Nevada Wolfpack (We’ll leave that to Wave QB😁). The Wolfpack has played nobody. https://fbschedules.com/nevada-football-schedule/ A Southern AAC squad like our Wave will handle these guys.👍🏻😎🙌🏻
nothin' "bunchin' here...just posted the facts, on what to expect, I am confident the DB's on Tulane roster will shine like never before...from line of scrimmage to the end one, from sideline to sideline, all will be covered....
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:09 pm
nothin' "bunchin' here...just posted the facts, on what to expect, I am confident the DB's on Tulane roster will shine like never before...from line of scrimmage to the end one, from sideline to sideline, all will be covered....
:lolno: :lolno: Everything will be swell, as long as Nevada doesn't throw Hail Mary's throughout the game.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
gbgreenie
Surge

:P
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:45 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:09 pm
:lolno: :lolno: Everything will be swell, as long as Nevada doesn't throw Hail Mary's throughout the game.
Cancel this tread going to a better bowl, looks like Navy may not go bowling!!!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:36 pm My guess is that Fritz will be his own DC for this game? Can anyone confirm? Or ask the question if there's a virtual presser?
That’s what I am figuring, but a question that def needs to be asked.
Wave755
Tsunami

If we do play Nevada in the Potato Bowl under Sagarin’s rating system for a neutral field we will be about a 5 point favorite. https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... edictions/

As of this morning. They've got BYU vs Nevada in the Potato Bowl, and Tulane playing Georgia Tech in the Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa on the 26th. I'd take that in a heartbeat. We owe them one.

Also, according to this list, teams with * have accepted bids. Navy is listed as having accepted the Military Bowl bid.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:09 pm https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... edictions/

As of this morning. They've got BYU vs Nevada in the Potato Bowl, and Tulane playing Georgia Tech in the Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa on the 26th. I'd take that in a heartbeat. We owe them one.

Also, according to this list, teams with * have accepted bids. Navy is listed as having accepted the Military Bowl bid.
That would be fantastic. Got to be happy for our players--going to Tampa instead of the frozen blue artificial tundra.
Bigschtick
Riptide

I have seen another prediction having us in the Frisco Bowl v. UTSA.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Bigschtick wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:26 pm I have seen another prediction having us in the Frisco Bowl v. UTSA.
Frisco Bowl is in 6 days and SMU is already going there.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:55 pm
Bigschtick wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:26 pm I have seen another prediction having us in the Frisco Bowl v. UTSA.
SMU vs FAU--a repeat from last year. SMU will be looking for some pay back after getting curb stomped by FAU in last year's bowl game in Boca Raton.
Dave breslin
Swell

My question at the beginning of this thread was—-are we in? Anywhere/anyone??🏈
winwave
Top of the WAVE

At this time it appears Tulane jumped the gun on the Potato Bowl spot. It seems that because other schools are now bailing on going to Bowl games we might get a better game but could still wind up in the Potato Bowl. Clear as mud.
Dave breslin
Swell

Well, thanks for the answer. Or thanks for clearing up my question. Or thanks for not being able to answer my question. Well, thanks anyway
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:55 pm
As of 12:20 p.m. ESPN has us in the Potato Bowl or nowhere? https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ns-week-15
I too hope it is instead the Gasparilla.🤞🤞🤞

Dec. 22
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
Albertsons Stadium (Boise, Idaho)
3:30 p.m. on ESPN and the ESPN App
Bonagura: Boise State vs. Ball State
Schlabach: Nevada vs. Tulane
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:55 pm Well, thanks for the answer. Or thanks for clearing up my question. Or thanks for not being able to answer my question. Well, thanks anyway
You're welcome.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Fingers crossed Ga Tech also opts out of bowl season