Update- FB Players Transferring from Tulane: RB Huderson & CB Langham

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This will be easily the year with the most turnover in fritz’s tenure both on the coaching side and amongst players. It is an almost certainty there will be a onetime, play immediately, transfer waiver put in place this January which will be the catalyst. I’m sure we’ll also see a fair share of transfers in.

So far the list of transfers is:

Freshman DE Brandon Brown entered the transfer portal

Freshman CB Tonquez Ball has entered the transfer portal

Update:
RB Amare Jones

RB Stephen Huderson

CB Willie Langham
Last edited by Bicoastalwave on Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

austxwave
High Tide

neither have played much if any at all
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:53 am This will be easily the year with the most turnover in fritz’s tenure both on the coaching side and amongst players. It is an almost certainty there will be a onetime, play immediately, transfer waiver put in place this January which will be the catalyst. I’m sure we’ll also see a fair share of transfers in.

We're hoping for it as far as the coaching turnover but it's doubtful he makes changes. As to player turnover the hope is actually we'll get some good players back to take advantage of that free year of eligibility. It will be interesting. As to the two leaving good luck to them. I thank them for freeing up two spots for the upcoming National Signing Day.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Troy Dannen talks about the one time transfer rule at the end of the current podcast and he thinks it’s going to dramatically change the landscape of a lot of schools.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:08 pm Troy Dannen talks about the one time transfer rule at the end of the current podcast and he thinks it’s going to dramatically change the landscape of a lot of schools.
It will. However we have to have players that others want. The two you cited couldn't get on the field here. Enough said about them. If Spears had stayed healthy that's the type of player we'll lose. Pratt has done well for a true freshman but he hasn't performed to a point that a P5 is going to poach him after this season. Now if he continues to develop as we think he will then we'll have to be concerned. Hopefully we get Long and the offense hums and Pratt decides to stay. No time to panic right now.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Aegis
High Tide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:53 am This will be easily the year with the most turnover in fritz’s tenure both on the coaching side and amongst players. It is an almost certainty there will be a onetime, play immediately, transfer waiver put in place this January which will be the catalyst. I’m sure we’ll also see a fair share of transfers in.

Relax
Wave755
Tsunami

🤷🏻‍♂️
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I’m not freaking out or even upset. Every school is going to face it, and fritz has been very good at retention in the past. But this is going to pick up a lot of steam and is a forgone conclusion. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:27 pm I’m not freaking out or even upset. Every school is going to face it, and fritz has been very good at retention in the past. But this is going to pick up a lot of steam and is a forgone conclusion. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
Bi- these two transfers have nothing to do with the upcoming new rule on transfers not having to sit out. It has everything to do with the fact that they aren't good enough to play here. If Pratt was one of those names in the portal that would be a different story. it's not. Give it a rest.
Jaxwave
Swell

Forget Tulane, this could be a disastrous rule for college football. Some teams who are on the way down, let’s use FSU as an example could lose a number of their remaining good players in the months ahead to better teams after the recruiting cycle is over which will take years to make up. FSU is down to less than 50 players as it stands now and can only sign 25. If they lose an additional 10 they may only have 65 scholarship players available next year. Now what do they do? They sign a number of players in the transfer portal but can they expect those to be as good as the players they lost. Also the better players at G5 schools are open to transferring to the better P5 schools. Like Spears and Pratt and D’aquan Jackson. Just to wrap this up and tie it to the above argument, all three of those players would start for FSU next year, who are going to be recruiting from the transfer portal like heck. That is their only avenue to get back to relevance anytime soon.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

FSU is not coming for those three. Overall I don't like the change and we will get stung by it down the line. But we have no mass exodus happening.
Show Me
Tsunami

Rumor Fla St recruiting Pratt
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:51 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:27 pm I’m not freaking out or even upset. Every school is going to face it, and fritz has been very good at retention in the past. But this is going to pick up a lot of steam and is a forgone conclusion. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
Bi- these two transfers have nothing to do with the upcoming new rule on transfers not having to sit out. It has everything to do with the fact that they aren't good enough to play here. If Pratt was one of those names in the portal that would be a different story. it's not. Give it a rest.
Nothing to give a rest to, transfers will all be effected all the same. You don't think the freshman know about the rule change coming ? Don't shoot the messenger
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:56 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:51 pm
Nothing to give a rest to, transfers will all be effected all the same. You don't think the freshman know about the rule change coming ? Don't shoot the messenger
Like I said give it a rest. It's embarrassing to the site. You have named two players who couldn't make it off the scout team. Pratt's not leaving . :roll:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:49 pm Rumor Fla St recruiting Pratt
No chance. Academics a priority with him. His sister attends Columbia on an academic scholarship.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Let’s celebrate the day and weekend, I agree Pratt isn’t going anywhere ! Roll Wave !
GreenLantern
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:27 pm
No chance. Academics a priority with him. His sister attends Columbia on an academic scholarship.
Hope you're right. Pratt's major is Exercise Science. That's not typical of what you would expect from someone who makes academics a priority.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:33 pm
Hope you're right. Pratt's major is Exercise Science. That's not typical of what you would expect from someone who makes academics a priority.
Who said we haven't lowered the standards to help the athletes?
Wave755
Tsunami

Besides, FSU is a “train wreck” from A to Z. And, Show Me (aka Cassandra?), enough of the “prophet of doom” crap on such a great day for Tulane football. :roll:
oliveandblue
Surge

The next OC hire is crucial. Tulane needs to protect assets.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

oliveandblue wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:56 pm The next OC hire is crucial. Tulane needs to protect assets.
It's Chip Long. The players loved Hall and he assured them his friend Long is really good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:39 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:33 pm Hope you're right. Pratt's major is Exercise Science. That's not typical of what you would expect from someone who makes academics a priority.
Who said we haven't lowered the standards to help the athletes?

I see your point win, but it's nothing to do with GL's post. Exercise Science? I'll bet there's a bunch of Universities without the academic stature Tulane enjoys that have higher ranked Exercise Science programs. I also want to see what Keyes brings to the table if he comes to Tulane. Pratt had his best game of the season yesterday. It was good, very good. Probably one of the top 30 or so games a QB has played in the conference this season.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I don’t doubt FSU will be seriously trolling for transfers. Some other traditional powers, that may not have FSU’s numbers problem, also have some serious performance and talent deficiencies—one just up the river. Many of those programs will be in the hunt. That said, I can’t see Pratt or Spears going anywhere. They have earned their stripes here at Tulane, and are set up for 3 or 4 fantastic years, and shots at the NFL. No reason to roll the dice and risk what they have coming.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tufinal4
High Tide

Is there any actual reason why concern is being expressed about Pratt & Spears, i.e. a report of some kind, or is it just good old fashioned Tulane fatalism.
Bigschtick
Riptide

tufinal4 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:55 am Is there any actual reason why concern is being expressed about Pratt & Spears, i.e. a report of some kind, or is it just good old fashioned Tulane fatalism.

I do not know about fatalism but I would say that some here, including myself, have a bit of Woody Allen neurotic in them. It's just start
worrying before there isn't any reason to worry.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!