Update- FB Players Transferring from Tulane: RB Huderson & CB Langham

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:41 am
RobertM320 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:19 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:49 am

You have an obsession with ratings. After they've played at the collegiate level, particularly if they played as much as Hud, the HS ratings are absolutely meaningless. We know what Hud can and cannot do. A number doesn't tell a coach nearly what he sees with his eyes, and he now sees what they can do playing against collegiate talent. I don't care if Hud got no stars or 5 stars, we know how good he is and so do the coaches around the country without referring to outdated HS ratings.

I took his point to mean they're better players now than when they got here. That's all.
+1
After he complained earlier about the low HS recruiting rankings of some players transferring in, I read it the other way. I could be wrong, but to me it reads "we're not really losing much, these guys weren't highly ranked a high school players."

Maybe I am wrong.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
gbgreenie
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:49 am
Wave755 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:41 am
RobertM320 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:19 am

I took his point to mean they're better players now than when they got here. That's all.
+1
After he complained earlier about the low HS recruiting rankings of some players transferring in, I read it the other way. I could be wrong, but to me it reads "we're not really losing much, these guys weren't highly ranked a high school players."

Maybe I am wrong.
Of course they were coached up, but when all said and done recruiting class rankings matter when you look at the better programs. We are now getting all 3 star players has not always been the case.
Wave755
Tsunami

Matt Forte was a 2 star recruit, but that being said, in most instances the rating sites have it right. We are now in a whole different league (AAC, not CUSA😀) than the likes of Rice & USM for recruiting. The last time we played Rice was in 2013 @ Houston, we lost 17 to 13. Today we would probably be over a 3 touchdown favorite against the Owls and begin to “empty the bench” by about mid third quarter for any game versus them.

We are now getting a whole different caliber of football player than for the days of “Buffet” Bob or CJ, and the recruiting sites show it.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Wave755 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:32 pm We are now in a whole different league (AAC, not CUSA😀) than the likes of Rice & USM for recruiting. The last time we played Rice was in 2013 @ Houston, we lost 17 to 13. Today we would probably be over a 3 touchdown favorite against the Owls and begin to “empty the bench” by about mid third quarter for any game versus them.

We are now getting a whole different caliber of football player than for the days of “Buffet” Bob or CJ, and the recruiting sites show it.
I agree 100%. However, this argument does not seem to explain schools like ULL. How does Napier continue to recruit at the level that he has enjoyed the past couple seasons?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's a damn good coach and has good facilities.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:16 am
Wave755 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:32 pm We are now in a whole different league (AAC, not CUSA😀) than the likes of Rice & USM for recruiting. The last time we played Rice was in 2013 @ Houston, we lost 17 to 13. Today we would probably be over a 3 touchdown favorite against the Owls and begin to “empty the bench” by about mid third quarter for any game versus them.

I agree 100%. However, this argument does not seem to explain schools like ULL. How does Napier continue to recruit at the level that he has enjoyed the past couple seasons?
🤔 Right now ULALA is ranked only no. 100 by 247? And, I think our academic reputation actually hurts us with the kind of recruits ULALA gets? 🤷🏻‍♂️https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Footb ... mRankings/