New OC Chip Long - CONFIRMED

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Now why would Long sign on here if Fritz could not assure him that Utah State and Vandy. and any other for that matter , were not bullshit reports ?

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
greenie78
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:13 pm Thanks for getting this done. Thought we may have to go back to the dick days and get a consulting company to find a guy who was down the street . We are expecting a lot out of you coach. We hope you take us a LONG way.
This post made me chuckle because it’s so pathetic and true during CowDick days :lol:
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:09 pm Now why would Long sign on here if Fritz could not assure him that Utah State and Vandy. and any other for that matter , were not bullshit reports ?
Long looking for a HC job so he could think if Fritz would leave then he’d have a better shot being a HC here.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Tulane pays Fritz double what Utah State pays their guys
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:21 am The fact that this hasn't been announced is disconcerting. Is there a press conference scheduled? If not, Long is a free agent that's testing the waters and may get a better gig. Let's get this done ASAP.
Damn it D, once again you got your “panties in a bunch” over nothing. And relax, WF isn’t going to Utah State either.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm thrilled to have Long as the new OC. I hope he's on the recruiting trail, particularly going after Keyes. It's great to know he's been following Tulane Football and knows our personnel.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

now all we need is Chris Scelfo as OL ...then watch all hell break loose
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Chip Presser
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

One can only hope, the last paragraph of this article, actually happens
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2020/12 ... -will-hall
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

Top 15, I’ll take what he’s smoking. Has he seen our schedule? Does he know about the DL losses?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:54 am Top 15, I’ll take what he’s smoking. Has he seen our schedule? Does he know about the DL losses?
😂😂 It must be some strong stuff.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The schedule is not all that. Much too much being made over that.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:59 am The schedule is not all that. Much too much being made over that.
I look at the schedule...Tulane my be favored in a total of 5 games all @ home vs...Morgan State, UAB, USF, Tulsa, UH.... they may eek out a 6th favorite @ ECU.....
https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2021/team/tulane
Wave Fan
Low Tide

As a long time fan I’m ready for Tulane to start winning a bunch of games they are not favored in.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave Fan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:21 am As a long time fan I’m ready for Tulane to start winning a bunch of games they are not favored in.
This. Plus who knows what happens with transfers and other losses to other teams. There is only one team that is far out there for us to beat at the moment and that's Oklahoma. All else are beatable and certainly should be in year 6.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We seemingly always play SMU better than Houston. Even though SMU will be the far more highly touted team next year, I think I like our chances to beat them. Maybe I’m just shell shocked from those years where they had far superior athletes, but this year too they spotted us how many turnovers and points (21?), and yet they still handily crushed us.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:31 pm
Wave Fan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:21 am As a long time fan I’m ready for Tulane to start winning a bunch of games they are not favored in.
This. Plus who knows what happens with transfers and other losses to other teams. There is only one team that is far out there for us to beat at the moment and that's Oklahoma. All else are beatable and certainly should be in year 6.
Win, I don't know if it's the New Year or what, but we agree once again! Every season is a new and unique experience, to a large extent independent of the year before and after. With good coaching, learning how to compete for 60+ minutes at the highest level, and how to close out games, the squad has enough talent to put together a magical season. Will it happen?

That's why we're fans. Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:56 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:31 pm
Win, I don't know if it's the New Year or what, but we agree once again! Every season is a new and unique experience, to a large extent independent of the year before and after. With good coaching, learning how to compete for 60+ minutes at the highest level, and how to close out games, the squad has enough talent to put together a magical season. Will it happen?

That's why we're fans. Roll Wave!
Happy New Year! :cheers:
tufinal4
High Tide

Please get a room and stop necking in public