Coaching Changes

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
gbgreenie
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:06 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:02 pm Rich Rod with Shawn King as either Offensive Coordinator or Quarterback Coach, Yessssssss
But wait....gbg....really? Neither Shaun King nor Rich Rodriguez meet your criteria for a good coach as both are significantly overweight. Neither one would pass your "Dickie Longo" test.
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/mor ... /44128744/

Never said anything about being overweight not being a good coach, just that it helps to show discipline and a healthy lifestyle. On a Tiger Rag forum they really made fun of Shaun's weight. We would surely get an offense that could light up the scoreboard and good Quarterback development with both Shaun and Rich. Dream Team!!! Shaun's Florida connection could surely help word is he play a huge part in getting Pratt to come to the Wave. Plus Florida is a hot bed for wide receivers also.

wave97
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:02 pm
JerseyWave wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:31 pm I highly doubt Fritz will be their guy. He struggles against the upper half of AAC competition, no way anyone should expect him to elevate Vanderbilt out of the SEC basement. Meanwhile, the losses we’ve suffered this season have left a very bitter taste in my mouth. We could get a nice buyout payment plus a fresh start. RichRod is once again available.
Rich Rod with Shawn King as either Offensive Coordinator or Quarterback Coach, Yessssssss
Rich Rod transformed college football for a decade. The RPO has been very well dialed in for some time.
If Willy decides to leave we need to hire the OC as HC and bring in a strong young DC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Agree. If WF would leave after this season Hall should get the job and be given the money to hire a good DC.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

gbgreenie wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:46 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:06 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:02 pm Rich Rod with Shawn King as either Offensive Coordinator or Quarterback Coach, Yessssssss
But wait....gbg....really? Neither Shaun King nor Rich Rodriguez meet your criteria for a good coach as both are significantly overweight. Neither one would pass your "Dickie Longo" test.
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/mor ... /44128744/

Never said anything about being overweight not being a good coach, just that it helps to show discipline and a healthy lifestyle. On a Tiger Rag forum they really made fun of Shaun's weight. We would surely get an offense that could light up the scoreboard and good Quarterback development with both Shaun and Rich. Dream Team!!! Shaun's Florida connection could surely help word is he play a huge part in getting Pratt to come to the Wave. Plus Florida is a hot bed for wide receivers also.
I've been under the impression Shaun was content living his life in his hometown area and turned down other opportunities. Also, he's never been more than a position coach, and doesn't have a lot of time invested in coaching. The Rich Rod ship, IMHO, sailed a long time ago, as well.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
gbgreenie
Surge

winwave wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:19 pm Agree. If WF would leave after this season Hall should get the job and be given the money to hire a good DC.
Rich Rodriguez’s Coaching History
2019 Many Options Football Season (Unemployed)
2018 Out of Coaching
2017 Arizona Season 7-6
2016 Arizona Season 3-9
2015 Arizona Season 7-6
2014 Arizona Season 10-4
2013 Arizona Season 8 – 5
2012 Arizona Season 8 – 5
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He has a lot more history than that. If Hall took another job RR should be on the list. The problem is the mess he got in with regards to sexual harassment at Arizona. It seems his HC days are over.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:42 am He has a lot more history than that. If Hall took another job RR should be on the list. The problem is the mess he got in with regards to sexual harassment at Arizona. It seems his HC days are over.
@ Arizona he was accused of sexual harassment and admitted to having an "affair"...but denied all harassment claims...after an internal invesitgation, he was terminated,
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

from the music city...I guess WF is not that photogenic....
https://www.tennessean.com/picture-gall ... 462563002/
Last edited by golfnut69 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

No one can possibly win there. Tulane would stand a better chance of winning in the SEC than Vanderbilt due to the wealth of state talent and fewer recruiting powers in the immediate area. Given that, Vandy can only show moderate success and that leads to 2 types of coaches: one that is looking to ride out his career or one looking to springboard to a better job. Coach Fritz is definitely not in the latter category. After just signing a lengthy extension for good money at age 60 and finally getting competent QB recruits, would Coach Fritz want to start over somewhere else that is really no better (other than money)? I don't think he does.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Being reported that Brett Bielema being strongly considered as the top choice for head coach at Southern Miss.
He was a former head coach at Arkansas. Leaves out any discussion of Hall going there.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:17 am Being reported that Brett Bielema being strongly considered as the top choice for head coach at Southern Miss.
He was a former head coach at Arkansas. Leaves out any discussion of Hall going there.
he was also at Wisconsin, not sure how good of fit, he will be in H'Burg. he is not big on "southern culture" .if southern miss wants an azzhole for a coach, he's the one
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:47 am
Bigschtick wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:17 am Being reported that Brett Bielema being strongly considered as the top choice for head coach at Southern Miss.
he was also at Wisconsin, not sure how good of fit, he will be in H'Burg. he is not big on "southern culture" .if southern miss wants an azzhole for a coach, he's the one
+1
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:38 am No one can possibly win there. Tulane would stand a better chance of winning in the SEC than Vanderbilt due to the wealth of state talent and fewer recruiting powers in the immediate area. Given that, Vandy can only show moderate success and that leads to 2 types of coaches: one that is looking to ride out his career or one looking to springboard to a better job. Coach Fritz is definitely not in the latter category. After just signing a lengthy extension for good money at age 60 and finally getting competent QB recruits, would Coach Fritz want to start over somewhere else that is really no better (other than money)? I don't think he does.
And this is exactly what everyone on the outside thinks of Tulane.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Houma de Wave
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:23 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:47 am

Make that Will Hall according to the Hattiesburg American newspaper.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Willie interviewed by Utah St
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:57 pm Willie interviewed by Utah St
Via Zoom?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:04 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:57 pm Willie interviewed by Utah St
Via Zoom?
Zoom, phone or in person I have no knowledge of it outside of that tweet.
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

That’s almost laughable—a huge step down. If Willie even had a phone call with anyone at Utah State, then he is desperate to get out of N.O. And if he feels that way, there is no reason to get worked up about it.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:48 pm That’s almost laughable—a huge step down. If Willie even had a phone call with anyone at Utah State, then he is desperate to get out of N.O. And if he feels that way, there is no reason to get worked up about it.
Yep. On one hand it could be Willie's agent once again getting Willie's name out there to squeeze even more out of their dupe TD. Or Willie feels 6 wins is the best anyone can do at Tulane and he wants out.

Btw, seems this deserves its own thread.
oliveandblue
Surge

winwave wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:54 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:48 pm That’s almost laughable—a huge step down. If Willie even had a phone call with anyone at Utah State, then he is desperate to get out of N.O. And if he feels that way, there is no reason to get worked up about it.
Yep. On one hand it could be Willie's agent once again getting Willie's name out there to squeeze even more out of their dupe TD. Or Willie feels 6 wins is the best anyone can do at Tulane and he wants out.

He's jumping from a hard rebuild at the #6 conference where he is already halfway home to ground zero of a moderate-hard rebuild at the #7 conference.

I just don't see it. He'd lose all progress and couldn't recruit the south like he used to.

You could make a point about going to Vandy and letting his final rebuild start there.

I think his agent is very smart, and that nothing comes of this.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

You’re such fatalists, the sky is always falling 😂 apparently this guy is the local equivalent to fletcher Mackel, nothing to see here
winwave
Top of the WAVE

oliveandblue wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:30 pm

He's jumping from a hard rebuild at the #6 conference where he is already halfway home to ground zero of a moderate-hard rebuild at the #7 conference.

I just don't see it. He'd lose all progress and couldn't recruit the south like he used to.

You could make a point about going to Vandy and letting his final rebuild start there.

I think his agent is very smart, and that nothing comes of this.
We agree. I don' t think anything comes of it. Most likely his agent seeing if he can squeeze even more out of Dannen. IF there's anything to it it would be because he can't see any way above the six win level here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

If WF wants to move to Utah, let him pack his bags...Will Hall is just a 90 minute drive away
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I thought about starting another thread but it’s probably his agent again so I didn’t take it serious. There will probably be more job opportunities he’s linked to during the next few weeks. Maybe start another thread to combine them all if he’s linked to another opening.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:34 am

I thought about starting another thread but it’s probably his agent again so I didn’t take it serious. There will probably be more job opportunities he’s linked to during the next few weeks. Maybe start another thread to combine them all if he’s linked to another opening.
I am sure his agent will have WF on Auburns short list and a lock for the gig with The University of Texas @ Austin !