Bowl Projections

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Like our Military Bowl projection vs U Virginia . (ESPN) .

Do not like our Montgomery Bowl projection vs Charlotte . (ESPN) .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
IM42lane
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:28 pm Like our Military Bowl projection vs U Virginia . (ESPN) .

What IF Tulane upsets Memphis?
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

IM42lane wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:31 pm
nawlinspete wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:28 pm Like our Military Bowl projection vs U Virginia . (ESPN) .

NY-6 BABY
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This is a year where the NOLA Bowl needs to get Tulane v. La. Tech.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:46 am This is a year where the NOLA Bowl needs to get Tulane v. La. Tech.
La Tech would turn it down. The folks calling the shots in Ruston have a history of being in denial with it comes to their name on the national stage. They are not too high on in-state FBS programs if it’s not LSU. During their women’s basketball run , they started believing that there is LSU, and then there is them in Louisiana. If I am not mistaken, they missed out on the Independence Bowl because ULM, (a former rival), was the opponent. The Bulldogs had a 9-3 team that year that missed the college bowl season because a dumb decisions by their university officials.

Don’t forget that we there was a time when La Tech would rather blow their traveling budget on trips to Idaho and Utah State in every sports instead of facing Southern Miss and Tulane. If the WAC hadn’t shut down football, they would still be taking those trips.

Hopefully we can make it happen and beat their asses in the dome and put this COVID-Season behind us.
Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:46 am This is a year where the NOLA Bowl needs to get Tulane v. La. Tech.
Good for TV. Im assuming fewer than 10,000 would be allowed to attend.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

IM42lane wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:31 pm

Under Sagarin's rating formula playing @ Yulman for this week we would have been a 1.74 pt. favorite over Memphis. :D
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:41 am
La Tech would turn it down. The folks calling the shots in Ruston have a history of being in denial with it comes to their name on the national stage. They are not too high on in-state FBS programs if it’s not LSU. During their women’s basketball run , they started believing that there is LSU, and then there is them in Louisiana. If I am not mistaken, they missed out on the Independence Bowl because ULM, (a former rival), was the opponent. The Bulldogs had a 9-3 team that year that missed the college bowl season because a dumb decisions by their university officials.

Don’t forget that we there was a time when La Tech would rather blow their traveling budget on trips to Idaho and Utah State in every sports instead of facing Southern Miss and Tulane. If the WAC hadn’t shut down football, they would still be taking those trips.

Hopefully we can make it happen and beat their asses in the dome and put this COVID-Season behind us.

In football we have played them before. I don't think they would turn it down. Especially learning form their past mistakes.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:54 am
Right now the Saints are going to be allowed to have 15,000 a their December home game so I'd think the same would apply to the Bowl game. Of course with the numbers rising locally the city might dial that back.
IM42lane
Swell

If that actually did happen, Tulane would be the one putting its longtime winning streak over La. Tech on the line! Check the internet if you do not believe that!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
winwave
Top of the WAVE

IM42lane wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:17 pm
If that actually did happen, Tulane would be the one putting its longtime winning streak over La. Tech on the line! Check the internet if you do not believe that!
I believe it. No need to check the internet. We don't want to be like LSwho and shy away because of that. Our last two Bowls had more interest by us because of playing teams we wanted to show we had bypassed. This one would allow us to show we still outshine Tech.
Wave755
Tsunami

IM42lane wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:17 pm If that actually did happen, Tulane would be the one putting its longtime winning streak over La. Tech on the line! Check the internet if you do not believe that!
True, we are 9-0 against the La. Tech Bulldogs dating for games played from 1904 to 2013. :D
http://www.winsipedia.com/tulane/vs/louisiana-tech
Oh Brother
Low Tide

By mid December ESPN may be taking any D-1 team that can still field a team , I hope we don’t beg for a bowl , particularly if the Memphis game doesn’t go our way. What’s the point as Buddy D used to say when the Saints were so atrocious that he changed the the name of his “ point after” radio show
Wave QB
Swell

The La Tech fans I know wanted them to play in the C-USA a long time ago. They hated playing those schools and not having an local rivalries or just plain big games for to come out to see or get fired up for. In fact, I knew a few La Tech folks who admitted that they would have attended more home games if they were playing Sun Belt teams. Their Athletic Department is the blame for them not playing ULM anymore as well. That game used to be a big deal in North Louisiana and should be renewed. Those alumni were plenty pissed when they didn’t get a bowl game after going 9-3 and passing on the Independence Bowl vs former rival ULM.

To your point, I think La Tech would definitely take a NOLA Bowl Opportunity vs our boys if they get the opportunity. I am sure that they would like to play for their 1st win vs Tulane. They might ride a high horse vs ULM and ULL, but we own La Tech in our 9 meetings against them.
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:07 pm

In football we have played them before. I don't think they would turn it down. Especially learning form their past mistakes.
I agree. La Tech wouldn’t pass on trying to earn their first win vs Tulane and beat a AAC team on ESPN in the Superdome.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:08 pm
Right now the Saints are going to be allowed to have 15,000 a their December home game so I'd think the same would apply to the Bowl game. Of course with the numbers rising locally the city might dial that back.
I bet they don't get 15K to that Dec home game now. Gov JBE just rolled Louisiana back to a revised Phase 2 starting tomorrow.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:59 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:08 pm
I bet they don't get 15K to that Dec home game now. Gov JBE just rolled Louisiana back to a revised Phase 2 starting tomorrow.
He did but left stadium capacities at 25%. Now the city can dial that back .
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Latest bowl speculation, from CBS Sports Jerry Palm, has Tulane playing San Jose State in the New Mexico Bowl. Not sure if that requires a win over Memphis, or not.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Eaglewave
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:19 am Latest bowl speculation, from CBS Sports Jerry Palm, has Tulane playing San Jose State in the New Mexico Bowl. Not sure if that requires a win over Memphis, or not.
Our coaches better act like it does! We need to beat Memphis and win a bowl game to end on a high note. I believed that this team was to going win win 8 games this year. I really thought that we would beat Navy and Tulsa this season and end with our 8th win over Memphis. Looking back, this could have definitely been a great prediction! I need Fritz and company to end the season on a high note for the fans that believe he is the best coach that Tulane has seen since Bowden! He also needs to win this one for all of us who have had our hearts ripped out by Navy and Tulsa.
Ball Sumrall!
IM42lane
Swell

Eaglewave wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:57 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:19 am Latest bowl speculation, from CBS Sports Jerry Palm, has Tulane playing San Jose State in the New Mexico Bowl. Not sure if that requires a win over Memphis, or not.
Our coaches better act like it does! We need to beat Memphis and win a bowl game to end on a high note. I believed that this team was to going win win 8 games this year. I really thought that we would beat Navy and Tulsa this season and end with our 8th win over Memphis. Looking back, this could have definitely been a great prediction! I need Fritz and company to end the season on a high note for the fans that believe he is the best coach that Tulane has seen since Bowden! He also needs to win this one for all of us who have had our hearts ripped out by Navy and Tulsa.
The Navy loss continues to be a detriment to this season. Winning the last home game and having a shot at a third winning season in a row would be a big pickup for this not-so-great year.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The Athletic has Tulane v. LSU in the Birmingham Bowl on 1-1-21.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:33 am The Athletic has Tulane v. LSU in the Birmingham Bowl on 1-1-21.
Wow. They (LSU) would probably decline it with a 3-6 record
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:42 am
winwave wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:33 am The Athletic has Tulane v. LSU in the Birmingham Bowl on 1-1-21.
Wow. They (LSU) would probably decline it with a 3-6 record
I doubt lsu would take the outside chance on being embarrassed, by losing to Tulane
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'd take that in a heartbeat. And I'd pray we beat them. Despite their record, and players dropping out of the program to focus on the draft, they still have a lot of talent on their roster. We need to beat Memphis.

I could see the bowls going regional to minimize travel expenses since there's reduced or no fans. They could ditch conference affiliation agreements, or trade within the bowls to do so. The New Orleans bowl could match up two Louisiana teams in such a scenario. I'm not sure how much this has been discussed, or even if it's on the table. Most of us were pretty convinced there wouldn't be 40 bowl games this year.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Sun Bowl will not be played this year...Pac12 - ACC tie in