Changing the Narrative

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave QB
Swell

F word!!!!

gbgreenie
Surge

goe
Wave QB
Swell

That one really hurt! We are not serious about big time football at Tulane!

Hey @Winwave,

If you only knew how much I actually agree with your post, you would be shocked. However, contract extensions and “Tulsa Nights” stop me from believing that our administration is concerned about the hearts of our dying fan base. It also reminds me that there is no such thing as a low-bar syndrome around here! We are a step below that! I will now look forward to us playing in the Bobby Herbert Cajun Cannon Bowl at Joe Yenni Stadium vs Louisiana Tech or Troy! I might even watch the game! Hell, I might even go to the game with my mask on!

Anyway fellas, bring on Memphis. Hopefully the football angels can help us secure another win. They tried last night, but we refused to eat it! Maybe a little Memphis rub might help.

What a depressing night!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave QB wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:02 am That one really hurt! We are not serious about big time football at Tulane!

Hey @Winwave,

If you only knew how much I actually agree with your post, you would be shocked. However, contract extensions and “Tulsa Nights” stop me from believing that our administration is concerned about the hearts of our dying fan base. It also remind no such thing as a low-bar syndrome around here! We are a step below that! I will now look forward to us playing in the Bobby Herbert Cajun Cannon Bowl at Joe Yenni Stadium vs Louisiana Tech or Troy! I might even watch the game! Hell, I might even go to the game with my mask on!

Anyway fellas, bring on Memphis. Hopefully the football angels can help us secure another win. They tried last night, but we refused to eat it! Maybe a little Memphis rub might help.

What a depressing night!
PLEASE...do not disgrace Joe Yenni Stadium, by having Tulane on it's field !!!!...as a proud EJ alum...I will stand guard over the locked gates
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:34 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:25 pm Wouldn't worry so much. Not many people watching.
They will see it multiple times. It’s an “Instant Classic” one of many we are on in a losing finish.
It's all over the sports news this morning. The "miracle" in Tulsa--by a 3rd string QB. :shakingno:
Last edited by HoustonWave on Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave QB
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:04 am
Wave QB wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:02 am That one really hurt! We are not serious about big time football at Tulane!

Hey @Winwave,

If you only knew how much I actually agree with your post, you would be shocked. However, contract extensions and “Tulsa Nights” stop me from believing that our administration is concerned about the hearts of our dying fan base. It also remind no such thing as a low-bar syndrome around here! We are a step below that! I will now look forward to us playing in the Bobby Herbert Cajun Cannon Bowl at Joe Yenni Stadium vs Louisiana Tech or Troy! I might even watch the game! Hell, I might even go to the game with my mask on!

What a depressing night!
PLEASE...do not disgrace Joe Yenni Stadium, by having Tulane on it's field !!!!...as a proud EJ alum...I will stand guard over the locked gates
😂 😂 😂

Please! I don’t want to be lonely on College Bowl Holidays! I am going to beg Winwave to go to this game with me, but I know he will say “F-No.”

Tulane doesn’t want Big Time College Football nut! The pain is real!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You damn well know I'd be there. I'm as die-hard as they come.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 am You damn well I'd be there. I'm as die-hard as they come.
Well let’s go! I plan to be extremely drunk so I can pretend that we are watching our boys play against a P5 in the Peach Bowl!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:15 am
tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:34 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:25 pm Wouldn't worry so much. Not many people watching.
They will see it multiple times. It’s an “Instant Classic” one of many we are on in a losing finish.
It's all over the sports news this morning. The "miracle" in Tulsa--by a 3rd string QB. :shakingno:
Yep. I guess it’s fortunate our local print media won’t hold a deadline so you won’t get down it here. :oops:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

Actually NOW is the time for fan base building , but for Covid 19 we should be having SRO ATTENDANCE .

We are low single digit dogs to top teams ON THE ROAD . When is the last time that has happened other than '97 and '98 . Our SEC years in the 1930s , 1940s , and 1950s .

We have OUR BEST QB since the 1930s , and Mr Pratt is a true freshman with only eight starts to his CREDIT .

Even with game management by the coaches that obliterates all the BALL BUSTING GOOD our players execute on the field we are in virtually all of our games to the finish .

As gut wrenching as our Navy and Tulsa losses are WE OWE HUGE UNDYING RESPECT AND ADMIRATION TO THE PLAYERS for consistently bouncing back for the next game notwithstanding their mental anguish that has to far exceed ours as fans .

Notwithstanding COACHING STUPIDITY in calling two TOTALLY ERRONEOUS TIMES OUT THAT NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED and NOTWITHSTANDING TAKING A first and 20 when we should have DENIED TULSA A DOWN by taking a second and 10 and
NOTWITHSTANDING our safeties were overmatched and outplayed by the Tulsa safeties we still almost won . This is not " moral victoring " but is rather pointing out HOW FAR WE HAVE COME in five years despite FRITZ' horrendous game management .

COACH HALL SHOULD take over game management now . Coach Fritz obviously commands his players allegiance and should be retained under this new pecking order . ICING 4th DOWNS IS A FAILED STRATEGY .

New Orleanians should be filling Yulman to capacity and should force expansion but for Covid 19 .

OUR PLAYERS DESERVE OUR SUPPORT AS DOES OUR UNIVERSITY .

STAY THE COURSE AND NEW ORLEANS' SUPPORT WILL RETURN .

Roll Green Wave .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:28 am
winwave wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 am You damn well I'd be there. I'm as die-hard as they come.
Well let’s go! I plan to be extremely drunk so I can pretend that we are watching our boys play against a P5 in the Peach Bowl!
That’s going to take a lot of liquor.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Oh Brother
Low Tide

The saving grace of losing last night is we get three weeks to forget the horror. We are pretty good at moving past disappointments, probably more so than any program in country. It is woven into the fabric that is the sad lot of Tulane history. How many squads can blow a game on a hail mart throw by a third string then an, then follow up with a third and three to score pick 6 to complete the collapse. Wouldn’t make fiction because too unrealistic. IT IS QUINtESSENTIAL Tulane. No school exceeds our ability to self destruct at pivotal moments, it’s uncanny
Tulane1111
High Tide

Did i hear the announcer say that when the 3rd stringer came in, that he had thrown for 6000 yards in HS? I was thinking this is trouble...

Favre was 3rd string for the Falcons, when he had to come in he threw only one pass and it was intercepted.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 am You damn well know I'd be there. I'm as die-hard as they come.
No doubt about that, win. Our backs my be out of whack from Lucy pulling the ball away once again, but we'll all be there. It's what we do. Don't ask me to explain why.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:16 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 am You damn well know I'd be there. I'm as die-hard as they come.
No doubt about that, win. Our backs my be out of whack from Lucy pulling the ball away once again, but we'll all be there. It's what we do. Don't ask me to explain why.
:cheers: (good one about our backs being out).
GreenLantern
Riptide

Some argue that we're better than our record shows. Some disagree. I believe this:

You are what your record says you are.

Here's a look at the last ten years of Tulane football. The Mean Score Diff is the average of the won-loss difference. That is, if we played three games and lost all three by 10 points, the Mean Score Diff would be -10.0. Blowout Losses are the number of games when we were beaten by 14 points or more. Blowout Victories are the number of games which we won by 14 points or more. These are not sophisticated analytics but interesting nonetheless.

Oh Brother
Low Tide

Question- now that Fritz has had 5 seasons to establish a winning AAC program and has failed to do so, , our conference record is 14-25, half of his 28 wins are to non conference teams nearly all of which are cream puffs, and he will end his five year run at least 3 and more likely 5 five under .500, what does the university do? What do we supporters do? Rationalize that he’s done better than CJ? Hope he will finally have a breakout season? Or just accept that it is our fate to support a program that for most of the past 60 years has been consistently awful? And thus we must just accept it as it is. As Bruce Miller used to say way too often, Oh Brother!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Oh Brother wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:07 pm Question- now that Fritz has had 5 seasons to establish a winning AAC program and has failed to do so, , our conference record is 14-25, half of his 28 wins are to non conference teams nearly all of which are cream puffs, and he will end his five year run at least 3 and more likely 5 five under .500, what does the university do? What do we supporters do? Rationalize that he’s done better than CJ? Hope he will finally have a breakout season? Or just accept that it is our fate to support a program that for most of the past 60 years has been consistently awful? And thus we must just accept it as it is. As Bruce Miller used to say way too often, Oh Brother!

I know this goes back a few years, but I always think about it in times like this. Remember Bill McCartney, who coached the Colorado Buffaloes back in the 80's and early 90's? He coached 13 seasons. He had losing seasons his first 3 yrs, then 3 yrs of 7-4,6-5,7-4. Never broke into the top 25, never won a conf title, 2 bowl appearances, both losses. Record of 27-41-1. Should they have fired him? Would YOU have fired him?

Well, they kept him. In his remaining seven seasons he went 66-15-4, went to 7 bowl games, finished in the top Ten three years and won a NC. Sometimes it takes awhile to build a really good foundation. And after he left, they were ranked at some point in ten of the next 11 years, up to 2005. Since that time.in the last 15 seasons, they've had ONE winning season, and one 6-6 season that ended up 6-7 after losing the bowl game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

There's always an exception to the rule. Oh brother rightfully points out that the conference record is what you have to look at because the OOC wins have been against cream puffs. That's Rick Dicksonian. Just dumb that schedule down so we can scratch to 6 wins and claim were doing historical stuff. We aren't. Five years in we keep hearing the mantra the wave can't beat the wave but yet they keep doing it. Yes we finally have a capable QB but that doesn't come close to solving our host of issues. We may get lucky and get some of our senior front 6 back due to the free year of eligibility but if we don't we lose a lot of key pieces there. His seat is hot. He needs to make multiple staff changes and if Hall is still here he needs to get out of his way. If Hall isn't here we all need to hope and pray he makes a good hire.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

M320: The MNC that Colorado won will always be tainted in my memory by the flag thrown on a late 92 yard punt return by Rocket Ismail. Even the announcers called it a phantom call. It was in the last minute of the game, and would have likely given the MNC to either the Irish or an undefeated Georgia Tech squad. That one play doesn't cast a shadow on McCarthy's coaching career one iota; his force feeding his religious beliefs upon his players later in his career certainly did, and ultimately lead to his leaving coaching.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave Fan
Low Tide

Game hurts. Several times we just needed one more play. We are 3 plays away from 8 and 2 on the season. We are right there but we still have an inch to go. Like the Banks was in game! Heartbreaking loss no doubt.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave Fan wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:30 am Game hurts. Several times we just needed one more play. We are 3 plays away from 8 and 2 on the season. We are right there but we still have an inch to go. Like the Banks was in game! Heartbreaking loss no doubt.
Same inch been there for 3-4 years now.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave Fan
Low Tide

I go back to the inch in Tampa when Tulane loss to Florida. Excruciating!
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:41 am There's always an exception to the rule. Oh brother rightfully points out that the conference record is what you have to look at because the OOC wins have been against cream puffs. That's Rick Dicksonian. Just dumb that schedule down so we can scratch to 6 wins and claim were doing historical stuff. We aren't. Five years in we keep hearing the mantra the wave can't beat the wave but yet they keep doing it. Yes we finally have a capable QB but that doesn't come close to solving our host of issues. We may get lucky and get some of our senior front 6 back due to the free year of eligibility but if we don't we lose a lot of key pieces there. His seat is hot. He needs to make multiple staff changes and if Hall is still here he needs to get out of his way. If Hall isn't here we all need to hope and pray he makes a good hire.
And yet, if you look at GreenLantern's chart, we're obviously doing far better under Fritz than we were under CJ, against much tougher competition. CJ had an IN-conference schedule of cream puffs and only had one winning season.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:17 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:41 am There's always an exception to the rule. Oh brother rightfully points out that the conference record is what you have to look at because the OOC wins have been against cream puffs. That's Rick Dicksonian. Just dumb that schedule down so we can scratch to 6 wins and claim were doing historical stuff. We aren't. Five years in we keep hearing the mantra the wave can't beat the wave but yet they keep doing it. Yes we finally have a capable QB but that doesn't come close to solving our host of issues. We may get lucky and get some of our senior front 6 back due to the free year of eligibility but if we don't we lose a lot of key pieces there. His seat is hot. He needs to make multiple staff changes and if Hall is still here he needs to get out of his way. If Hall isn't here we all need to hope and pray he makes a good hire.
And yet, if you look at GreenLantern's chart, we're obviously doing far better under Fritz than we were under CJ, against much tougher competition. CJ had an IN-conference schedule of cream puffs and only had one winning season.
No one has said we aren't doing better. But using doing better than CJ is just pure folly. He's here 5 years and this is bis program now. He's being judged on the basis of mostly only beating the cream puffs.