Tulsa Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Eaglewave
Swell

Hornetswave wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:41 pm ap poll has Tulsa as #25 in the nation now hmmmmmmm
We are going to take them down! Get ready for a 8-4 year!

Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great measuring stick for the program in Year 5. This is the type of game we’ve never been able to win. I’d call it a turning point game. If you win then it’s a new level for the program if you lose it’s basically that same old disappointment we all know being Tulane fans and fail to turn the corner.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

My favorite Tulsa memory is from 2017 when we played the Hurricanes with a hurricane warning in effect for later in the day. We won 62-28 and at the game's end I must have been the only person remaining in the west stands. I was drenched but I loved it. Victories were a little harder to come by in those days.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:54 pm My favorite Tulsa memory is from 2017 when we played the Hurricanes with a hurricane warning in effect for later in the day. We won 62-28 and at the game's end I must have been the only person remaining in the west stands. I was drenched but I loved it. Victories were a little harder to come by in those days.
Yes. It was moved from 3pm to a 10am kickoff due to Tropical Storm Nate and Tulsa didn’t want to play but the league mandated it.
Tulane Class of 1981
Eaglewave
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:01 am Great measuring stick for the program in Year 5. This is the type of game we’ve never been able to win. I’d call it a turning point game. If you win then it’s a new level for the program if you lose it’s basically that same old disappointment we all know being Tulane fans and fail to turn the corner.
You are so very right. ECU 2013 was the last time we took down a 4-1 opponent who was a true conference contender. With Tulsa being #25 hosting us, this win will surpass that one. Our program really needs this one, and I think Fritz will deliver.
Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:06 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:01 am Great measuring stick for the program in Year 5. This is the type of game we’ve never been able to win. I’d call it a turning point game. If you win then it’s a new level for the program if you lose it’s basically that same old disappointment we all know being Tulane fans and fail to turn the corner.
You are so very right. ECU 2013 was the last time we took down a 4-1 opponent who was a true conference contender. With Tulsa being #25 hosting us, this win will surpass that one. Our program really needs this one, and I think Fritz will deliver.
Yes indeed!
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Eaglewave wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:06 am
ECU was without their QB in that tightly fought contest. One of several opponents we faced that year with key players out. We really had a chance for 10 wins as CJ admitted he left wins on the table. This game is definitely a test, I'm looking forward to Thursday evening.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
oliveandblue
Surge

It's a good sign to be on the road against a T25 team, and the line is under a touchdown. Public opinion of this team has come a long way.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/3 ... 0499021646

Great and extensive podcast with Tulsa bloggers and Fear the Wave, has some mentions to some topics on this board and “low bar” syndrome.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)