Who are the Key players we need back next year ( free covid year)

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

With a blanket extra year of eligibility due to covid and expanded rosters to accommodate who would we like to see back next year ? Hard to Imagine Patrick Johnson would be back, but that would be amazing. Same with Cam Sample. Is it impossible Corey Dauphine comes back ? Would Henry, Marvin Moody and Dublin come back ?

JerseyWave
Riptide

Michael Pratt, he’s the best Quarterback we’ve had in a long time. We need a whole new secondary next year.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think the younger kids in the secondary and on the O-line are starting to play better. I still say Pratt has proven to be an average AAC QB, which is a big step up from what we've had. The recruit from Mississippi, if he comes and lives up to the hype, will probably take Pratt's job if Fritz is a bit more open to the possibility of a true frosh taking an experienced QB's job than he was with Keon and Pratt. I'm still curious as to what Ibieta has, and am starting to wonder if he'll ever have a chance to play.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

Pratt looks better than avg as a true freshman. His stats may not reflect it between a shaky OL and drops by receivers but he is very accurate and throws the best long ball we’ve had since Shaun King.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As to the O-line the young guys have lost out recently. Knutson did so well in his fill in at LT he's taken over the RT job from Tuggle. Tim Shafter , a former walk-on who just got a scholarship right before this season, has taken over the RG job even with Remetich returning. Lines playing better and KNutson looks like he should come back next year.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

That’s crazy about Tim Shafter ! Good for him, how often does a walk on OL win a starting job ?

I think as a true freshman at E Carolina pratt was playing at an average AAC QB level (which is actually very impressive and we haven’t had with fritz). I think he is getting better every game and has a shot at being above average AAC Qb THIS season (which would be incredible). I think the drops and shaky line have hurt his numbers and stopped drives and he has made a few amazingly mature plays and a couple understandable mistakes. He is better than the numbers.

I hope Monroe stays as well as anyone from the DL, Dublin and linebacker core.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:18 pm As to the O-line the young guys have lost out recently. Knutson did so well in his fill in at LT he's taken over the RT job from Tuggle. Tim Shafter , a former walk-on who just got a scholarship right before this season, has taken over the RG job even with Remetich returning. Lines playing better and KNutson looks like he should come back next year.
congrats to Shafter, lots of kids get "overlooked' for various reasons...one example, Kyle Thrask @ Florida...the only FBS college offer the kid had..he had one FCS school intrested, Houston Baptist ..seems he had issues getting playing time in High School, some kid name D'Eriq King was the starter, Kyle was named after Kyle Field, where both of his parents graduated from, and a place he grew up watching college football
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
IM42lane
Swell

ALL of them!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
winwave
Top of the WAVE

IM42lane wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:30 am ALL of them!
Correct because it doesn't affect our numbers next year. We could have some real depth .
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I dunno if everyone comes back coach fritz might side with dedication, hard work and time with the program and start Keon again next year. :roll: Imagine being 6-2 right now, we’d kick the crap out of Army and be back in the top 25 at 7-2 in the hunt for the ccg and a big time bowl. . . So close yet so far.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

On a wave cast a couple weeks ago fritz had mentioned the following guys were considering coming back: Dublin, Huderson, Moody, Glover, Kevin Henry and Jaylon Monroe.

I would take that group. It would be great to have someone from the OL or DL come back as well.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

If most our seniors opt to not come back, that doesn’t speak well of where our program stands. Only a senior with strong interests from NFL teams should opt to not take advantage of the freebie year.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
swampnik
Surge

The possibility of the return of Dauphine would loom large.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

swampnik wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:32 am The possibility of the return of Dauphine would loom large.
That would be HUGE!! Chip Long might even use him.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
waveclem
Surge

For what it's worth I heard it's a very good possibility that Kevin Henry and Marvin Moody want to come back. Would elevate our Linebacking core to the most experienced unit on Defense.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I've heard the same and that would be great especially considering who we lose up front.
greenie78
Riptide

Need to get as many as we can come back to maintain our 6-6 record.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Update per Guerrey via coach fritz:

Fritz said he received an initial positive indication from four-year starting offensive lineman Corey Dublin, 2020 rushing leader Stephon Huderson, linebackers Kevin Henry and Marvin Moody, cornerback Jaylon Monroe, kicker Merek Glover and wide receiver/special teams ace Jaetavian Toles.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Minus our NFL prospects on the DL & Knutson who turned it on at the end of the year this is a good group to have back. Can’t wait for 2021, it’s put up or shut up
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Definitely a good group. Glad to have them back.
GreenLantern
Riptide

To quote the Terminator, "I'll be back"...

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Excellent to hear, welcome back jaylen. I think Corey Dublin is the next most important player we need back.

I’m interested in when the majority of players will transfer in/out of programs. After feb signing date ? Before spring camp ? After spring camp ? End of summer before fall camp ?

Thoughts ?