Beckham...Banned

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I thought this deserved "The Front Page"
www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/i ... r-payments

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

So shady. This has to be about more than OBJ throwing cash around after a game. So they take away 8 scholarships valued at well over $240k (and the scolly loss costing how much more in value/wins) over OBJ tossing around $2k after the championship game. Um ok. Then some donor is throwing around cash from a freaking non profit.

All while the BBall program has clearly thrown around bags of cash.
Name me a more a shady athletic program? Freakin joke.

Of course this is buried in nola.com.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... d7d52.html
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They had a football players dad get paid $180,000 for a no show job.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:01 pm They had a football players dad get paid $180,000 for a no show job.
Ya I referenced him, Vadal Alexander. Ranked by 247 sports as the 167th best prospect out if high school. 7th round nfl pick.
So the question is, well what is a top 100, too 50 or top 25 prospect worth?
Dave breslin
Swell

If I had the integrity and the graft money and the low standards(Jamarques R), I’d win a national championship in every sport every year. Instead, I have what we have. Enough said
RobertM320
Green Wave

Too bad only small private schools get the death penalty. This looks like a classic case that would call for it. Football AND Basketball?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson