Politically Correct

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Jaxwave
Swell
Posts: 1348
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:25 am

I have no problem with this uniform or message....as long as Tulane has no problem with losing my viewership. I watch sports for entertainment not to be preached to. As I posted earlier in the week I don’t let Tulane’s failures drive me crazy anymore but I do like to watch to get 3 hours of diversion from real life. Watching while having political messaging thrown in my face is not a diversion. I have too many great books still left to be read in my lifetime.


golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10545
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:14 am

Jaxwave wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:25 am
I have no problem with this uniform or message....as long as Tulane has no problem with losing my viewership. I watch sports for entertainment not to be preached to. As I posted earlier in the week I don’t let Tulane’s failures drive me crazy anymore but I do like to watch to get 3 hours of diversion from real life. Watching while having political messaging thrown in my face is not a diversion. I have too many great books still left to be read in my lifetime.
Books !!! Hell, reruns of Giligans Island with Ginger and Mary Ann on my list
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Citypark
Ripple
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:59 am
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:34 am

An extremely unnecessary and disappointing exercise with one accomplishment:

Anger a large number of an extremely small fan base, who may support the cause, but do not want to be lectured to by a bunch of kids at a sporting event.

This will be remembered as another dumb decision in the long line of dumb decisions in Tulane athletics history.

I was going to a wedding late, so I could watch the SMU game tonight; I will now go to the wedding on time!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10038
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:49 am

Anyone not tuning in because of a vanilla message on the backs of players, well that's their choice. Frankly, I'd rather see these sentiments expressed in this very unobtrusive way than the protests and rallies where the side fighting for change and the side clinging on to the old way of life both bring in paid agitators hyping the crowds to the point of violence. The world has changed and there will never be going back to the world we grew up in. I hate the methods being used to push forth change, but change is constant. At least the message isn't the same as a name of a movement that's been terribly corrupted.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 3431
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:09 pm

So in addition to being humiliated on national TV, again--we'll also put forth an impotent political message as well--nice. Like the Rona discussions, the social justice junk will quickly dissipate after Nov. 3rd. Unfortunately our win/loss record, and direction of the program, won't dissipate so quickly. Perhaps Fritz should stick to trying to get some winning Tulane football in the front of the public consciousness.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
User avatar
Bigschtick
Riptide
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Tucson, Az.
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:21 pm

If it makes the players happy, I see no real harm let alone all the talk about giving up on the team or not caring about the season. Much to do about nothing really.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
Jaxwave
Swell
Posts: 1348
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:35 pm

I agree and I have much to do rather than watch. Lol
TXWave88
Surge
Posts: 565
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:58 am
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:20 pm

Its a distraction. You hardly ever see championship teams do this because its a distraction. I do not really care one or another with whatever saying we made up to feel better about ourselves. Win the game and I do not care too much.

The big problem I have is the black uniforms. I just think its a terrible look in general and such a contrast to what we should be wearing. We have the best unis and helmets because of design and the color scheme. Black ruins it. Plus, our record in black stinks. I will fully support the black if we win though! :lol:
Mandeville Wave
High Tide
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:15 am
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:45 pm

Show Me wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:58 pm
DaveBrownStreak wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:11 am
Well, here we go. For the SMU game, the names on our jerseys of all players will read:

“Wave of Change”


Just don’t like getting caught up in this . Very disappointed !
My son saw that and is now done watching and supporting financially. I’m sure it’s not going to win over any new fans only piss off people that hate politics.
Im also done with this Political BS. Tulane will never receive another penny from me.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5883
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:02 pm

Show Me wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:21 pm
Profoundwizard wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:16 pm
DaveBrownStreak wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:11 am
Well, here we go. For the SMU game, the names on our jerseys of all players will read:

“Wave of Change”


Just don’t like getting caught up in this . Very disappointed !
How is wave of Change offensive? It doesn’t even mean anything
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 68ff1.html
A goal for Wave of Change, which Fritz promoted heavily in a video-conference call after Thursday’s practice, is to keep the racial issues in the forefront of public consciousness.
How horrible. Personally I can’t deal with engagement from young scholarship players giving their all to this university. This is offensive. They should shut their mouths.
Personally, I will reluctantly watch tonights game.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5883
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:26 pm

Mandeville Wave wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:45 pm
Show Me wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:58 pm
DaveBrownStreak wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:11 am
Well, here we go. For the SMU game, the names on our jerseys of all players will read:

“Wave of Change”


Just don’t like getting caught up in this . Very disappointed !
My son saw that and is now done watching and supporting financially. I’m sure it’s not going to win over any new fans only piss off people that hate politics.
Im also done with this Political BS. Tulane will never receive another penny from me.
Big loss.
User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:55 pm

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:26 pm
Mandeville Wave wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:45 pm
Show Me wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:58 pm

My son saw that and is now done watching and supporting financially. I’m sure it’s not going to win over any new fans only piss off people that hate politics.
Im also done with this Political BS. Tulane will never receive another penny from me.
Big loss.
:lol: How in the hell are people upset about this and not upset about how the team plays on the field? Do you guys even really care about football or do you care more about some benign little uniform update?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10038
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:37 pm

This may be politically incorrect, but I am much more upset about the lousy commentators, whom aren't even in New Orleans, than I am about the "Wave of Change" on the jerseys.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16684
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:46 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:37 pm
This may be politically incorrect, but I am much more upset about the lousy commentators, whom aren't even in New Orleans, than I am about the "Wave of Change" on the jerseys.
As to the jersey's you can read wave of change because it's in white. The numbers should be too!
Small time facilities for small time programs.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10038
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:00 pm

The play by play announcer named Beth is absolutely brutal.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
Bigschtick
Riptide
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Tucson, Az.
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:53 pm

Jaxwave wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:35 pm
I agree and I have much to do rather than watch. Lol
OMG, Jax Wave wants to watch Fox News!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10038
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:57 pm

winwave wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:46 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:37 pm
This may be politically incorrect, but I am much more upset about the lousy commentators, whom aren't even in New Orleans, than I am about the "Wave of Change" on the jerseys.
As to the jersey's you can read wave of change because it's in white. The numbers should be too!
The numbers are outlined in white, I have no trouble reading them.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16684
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:06 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:57 pm
winwave wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:46 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:37 pm
This may be politically incorrect, but I am much more upset about the lousy commentators, whom aren't even in New Orleans, than I am about the "Wave of Change" on the jerseys.
As to the jersey's you can read wave of change because it's in white. The numbers should be too!
The numbers are outlined in white, I have no trouble reading them.
I am talking about when the play is being shown and the camera view is set back. They can be read when the camera is right on them.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
greenie78
Swell
Posts: 1147
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:26 pm

Wave of Change did not lead to any meaningful change on the field. Still blew it when the game was close.
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 3431
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:06 pm

greenie78 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:26 pm
Wave of Change did not lead to any meaningful change on the field. Still blew it when the game was close.
Some things never change—like Fritz trying to win AAC games.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
1989alum
Ripple
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:46 am
Status: Offline

Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:33 am

GEAUX JEAUX BIDEN!
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3370
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:25 pm

1989alum wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:33 am
GEAUX JEAUX BIDEN!
GEAUX TO HELL JEAUX BITEN GEAUX TO HELL!!!
Jaxwave
Swell
Posts: 1348
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:39 am

Bigschtick wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:53 pm
Jaxwave wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:35 pm
I agree and I have much to do rather than watch. Lol
OMG, Jax Wave wants to watch Fox News!
Just like Tulane games, I refuse to follow any news these days. Too stressful...all of them.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10545
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:39 am

Show Me wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:25 pm
1989alum wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:33 am
GEAUX JEAUX BIDEN!
GEAUX TO HELL JEAUX BITEN GEAUX TO HELL!!!
ole jeaux has been been "bought" more times than a Hooker in the French Quarter
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
dpm wave
Swell
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:43 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:46 am

GreenLantern wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:30 pm
Just like those who resisted the civil rights movement in the 60s and 70s, the folks who are struggling against social change and racial justice are on the wrong side of history.
THIS!!!

1000%, THIS !!
Post Reply