Line Opens SMU 6.5 pts. > Tulane

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread opens SMU 6.5 pts. > Wave (Rotation nos. 107-108 for Vegas sheet)
https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-fo ... las-vegas/

O/U 68 pts.

SMU “body of work,” 4-0, 1-0 AAC, to date:

1) 9/5 - SMU 31, Texas St. 24;
2) 9/11 – SMU v. TCU Postponed;
3) 9/19 – SMU 65, N. Texas 35;
4) 9/26 – SMU 50, Stephen F. Austin 7
5) 10/3 – SMU 30, Memphis 27.

SMU is averaging 558.8 yards of offense a game, 339.3 passing & 219.5 rushing. https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401212487 Against their only real test to date, Memphis, SMU had 474 yards passing & 75 yards rushing. https://www.espn.com/college-football/b ... =401212486 Needless to say, I don't like the way we stack up against this team. Our very suspect secondary is in for one Hell of a test on Friday. Yet, ESPN's Match Predictor still gives us a 39.7% win chance?

Under Sagarin's rating system the Mustangs playing at Yulman are a 12.01 pt. favorite over the Wave. https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
Last edited by Wave755 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Part of the reason for the line is that SMU lost their best receiver and a top RB in their last game.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:41 pm Part of the reason for the line is that SMU lost their best receiver and a top RB in their last game.
Gotcha, I thought it was low, I was expecting something closer to the Sagarin line, but of course, computers aren’t going to pick-up on the SMU injury situation.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Smu’s depth chart at WR is absurdly deep. Their 5&6th wide receivers would be our WR 1 & 2 this year

Edit: WITH their new injuries they have SEVEN wide receivers that rank above our Wr crew. This is ignoring Mykel Jones, who honestly should just be ignored until he proves otherwise.

With their injuries they have dropped on the composite 247 team talent index from 2nd (behind Houston) to 5th which seems crazy.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Footb ... erence=AAC
Eaglewave
Swell

We can win this damn game. Come on Fritz! Fire them up baby! We are not down and our just yet.
Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

After this L is recorded, Tulane may win one, maybe two games at best..to bad Fritz can't pull a Holgersen
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
oliveandblue
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:24 am After this L is recorded, Tulane may win one, maybe two games at best..to bad Fritz can't pull a Holgersen
ECU, Temple, Army, and Tulsa are on the schedule. Tulsa looks good on defense, though. Last year, Tulane went 3-1 vs. those 4.

5-6 is realistic for this COVID rebuilding year.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

oliveandblue wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:56 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:24 am After this L is recorded, Tulane may win one, maybe two games at best..to bad Fritz can't pull a Holgersen
ECU, Temple, Army, and Tulsa are on the schedule. Tulsa looks good on defense, though. Last year, Tulane went 3-1 vs. those 4.

I expect Tulsa to manhandle us on both lines. They also have a pretty good QB and passing game. We should beat ECU. Temple and Army are toss ups. So that puts us at best at 5-6, and at worst 3-8. Just think what a 3-8 would do for recruiting.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This is not a rebuilding year. It's our most experienced team in forever. The first time no one is saying look how young we are. As to COVID everyone is dealing with it. No excuses. Get the job done or be gone.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

sum quotes
Fritz...'From Good to Great".....Lee Corso "Not So Fast My Friends"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

I wouldn’t take Tulane and 14
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:15 am

This is not a rebuilding year. It's our most experienced team in forever. The first time no one is saying look how young we are. As to COVID everyone is dealing with it. No excuses. Get the job done or be gone.
COVID is an excuse. There have been many upset and poor performances from even winning teams that are due all of the craziness of the COVID-19 season. The top 25 looks crazy right now. Iowa State looks like the best team in the Big 12! ULL handled them! Even LSU looks like the wouldn’t win a Sun Belt Championship. Texas and Oklahoma made the Red River Shootout look like two flag football teams at war.

This season is a shit show.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Total bullshit. Excuses, excuses. We have performed poorly in all phases. We have not been hit with missing players or practices due to COVID. COVID should be an advantage for us. Instead we play like we have been decimated by it.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave QB wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:17 pm

COVID is an excuse. There have been many upset and poor performances from even winning teams that are due all of the craziness of the COVID-19 season. The top 25 looks crazy right now. Iowa State looks like the best team in the Big 12! ULL handled them! Even LSU looks like the wouldn’t win a Sun Belt Championship. Texas and Oklahoma made the Red River Shootout look like two flag football teams at war.

+1, since Ole Miss had 647 total yards, 379 passing, 268 rushing and scored 48 points against 'Bama on Saturday, maybe 'Bama should fire Nick Saban? After all, the 1,370 combined yards for the game were the most yards in a single game in SEC history?!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:00 pm
Wave QB wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:17 pm

+1, since Ole Miss had 647 total yards, 379 passing, 268 rushing and scored 48 points against 'Bama on Saturday, maybe 'Bama should fire Nick Saban? After all, the 1,370 combined yards for the game were the most yards in a single game in SEC history?!
and since Offensive genius, Mike Leach scored a whopping 2 points on kentucky, he should be fired
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I agree everyone is dealing with covid, thus blaming it on covid is an excuse. It’s not like we had our starting QB opt outside because of covid.

I will say we have seen our DL take a step back for two years in a row and that’s bit because of covid. That’s not a hot take, that’s show Curtis the door.

As far as a “rebuilding” year, maybe it should just be called a “building” year. We don’t have an established and experienced QB and didn’t have one coming into the year. We have been ravaged by RB injuries, and clearly our OL needs to develop just like our Young QB’s. It is what it is, but still hoping for a 6-7 win season.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I have heard so much covid BS, I am calling my Doctor so I can claim PTSD
Wave755
Tsunami

Line holding @ SMU 6.5 pts. > Wave. O/U 64.5 pts. down from open @ 70.5 pts., SMU injuries?
MicMan
Swell

One good win, and by only 3. SMU ripe for the taking.