Willie Rejected by GT

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This is year 5. This is your program. EVERY player is yours. Yet you can't get them ready. They never play four quarters. You think the process will take care of everything. Bullshit. One of the most important jobs a coach has is motivation. You have completely failed there.

You had to come in here and say over and over we are running the triple option, we are running the triple option. You were totally clueless to the fact that you ruined our recruiting at the QB and WR positions with that talk. You were also clueless that your version of it wouldn't work in major college D-1 football. You still think we can just line up and run the ball and all will be well. We need a passing attack ASAP. Otherwise we may not see another win this season. Roll the QB out. He's mobile. Quit making him a sitting duck in the pocket.

On defense we are wasting a lot of talent with Jack Curtis in charge. This is two years running now. You said you and he had worked all offseason to figure it out. That was clearly wasted time. It should have been spent hiring a DC that understands modern football.

The ST's have major issues. You're the ST's coach. "nuff said.

You have said how disappointed you were when you would be congratulated by people on winning 6 games. You said you had higher expectations. Well we do too. You are failing. Right now you are a shining example of the Peter principle.

You have made your millions off of us. Time to move on.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

And speaking of Jack Curtis, both Sample and Johnson are not currently as good as they were two years ago. They have literally regressed since being coached by our staff. Is that also why we have two freshmen starting on the OL? The coaching just doesn't seem to be up to snuff. In addition to absolutely head-scratching game decisions and play calling, we now know that there is a real problem with our coaches identifying and playing talent, as well as other issues and problems during practice--including my suspicion that our practices are too easy--we are soft. Forget the tackling dummies and rugby tackling techniques--toughen our team up.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Profoundwizard
Swell

:D
Fired, LOL. He just got a contract extension, he ain’t getting fired any time soon.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Would be extremely irrational to fire him right now. Even if we have a bad season going forward it would still be irrational
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

c'mon..we all know this is a "rebuilding" year !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Hey, we fired Benny Ellender
After giving home a 10 year extension!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

When did willie actually sign the 7 year extension ? I think it was more than a year ago
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

WF ain't gooin' no where....Tulane does not have the money to buy him out..and there ain't no other school that is going to hire him.....I am not a fan of either Curtis or Hall, but in their defense, they are doing what the Head Ball Coach is allowing dem to do
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

It’s my hope that Tuesday/Wednesday we hear that a change has been made on the coaching staff. I have no insider information, but something needs to change and fritz needs to show the players, fans, donors and other coaches this won’t be tolerated. My preferred target is Curtis
greenie78
Riptide

Curtis should have been let go after last year. Hall had no trust in the passing game early on. And special teams is an abomination. I can’t deal with this team right now. Tired of the fake optimism. Year 5 and we look as mediocre as over.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:32 pm WF ain't gooin' no where....Tulane does not have the money to buy him out..and there ain't no other school that is going to hire him.....I am not a fan of either Curtis or Hall, but in their defense, they are doing what the Head Ball Coach is allowing dem to do
That's what Dumbleavy thought too.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Willie Fritz is nowhere near the ineptitude exhibited by Mike Dunleavy. He's not going anywhere, and it's highly unlikely we're firing a coordinator (or even any assistant coach) mid season.
Last edited by DfromCT on Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

A lot of you are missing the point of this exercise.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:49 pm Curtis should have been let go after last year. Hall had no trust in the passing game early on. And special teams is an abomination. I can’t deal with this team right now. Tired of the fake optimism. Year 5 and we look as mediocre as over.
How are you and your family doing? Did you make it out of town?
Profoundwizard
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:36 pm It’s my hope that Tuesday/Wednesday we hear that a change has been made on the coaching staff. I have no insider information, but something needs to change and fritz needs to show the players, fans, donors and other coaches this won’t be tolerated. My preferred target is Curtis
Tulane isn’t making staff changes because of a 2-2 start. Very few programs in the country would do that
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:53 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:32 pm WF ain't gooin' no where....Tulane does not have the money to buy him out..and there ain't no other school that is going to hire him.....I am not a fan of either Curtis or Hall, but in their defense, they are doing what the Head Ball Coach is allowing dem to do
we ain't talkin' dumblnevy $$$$...if we wuz, it would be a different story
greenie78
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:03 pm
greenie78 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:49 pm Curtis should have been let go after last year. Hall had no trust in the passing game early on. And special teams is an abomination. I can’t deal with this team right now. Tired of the fake optimism. Year 5 and we look as mediocre as over.
Thanks for checking on us. We left at 4:30 in the morning and got to our hotel a little before 7:30 am while stopping once during the trip. We lost power for sure at our house, but we’re doing fine.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I think you’re spot on Golf. In the end. It’s all about Fritz.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:53 pm When did willie actually sign the 7 year extension ? I think it was more than a year ago
He signed it after squeaking by USA four weeks ago. That whole extension didn’t smell right, even before the Navy collapse and UH surrender. I can’t recall a contract extension being announced one week int0 a new season—really bizarre.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:41 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:03 pm
Thanks for checking on us. We left at 4:30 in the morning and got to our hotel a little before 7:30 am while stopping once during the trip. We lost power for sure at our house, but we’re doing fine.
Glad to hear it. Hope your home is ok.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:14 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:53 pm When did willie actually sign the 7 year extension ? I think it was more than a year ago
He signed it after squeaking by USA four weeks ago. That whole extension didn’t smell right, even before the Navy collapse and UH surrender. I can’t recall a contract extension being announced one week int0 a new season—really bizarre.
There was talk (atleast a year ago) that he had signed an extension (this big one ) and it just wasn’t made public. Not sure where the truth lies
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:29 pm
WF is now making $1.6 million. Dunleavy was making near $1.5 million. No difference really.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wrong.

That's when it became public, it was signed a few months earlier.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:29 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:29 pm

WF is now making $1.6 million. Dunleavy was making near $1.5 million. No difference really.
WOW... I had zero idea that Tulane paid Dumbleavy that amount of $$$..shows you who the true moron is....and how expensive it is to live in ole metry
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:07 am
Wrong.

That's when it became public, it was signed a few months earlier.
Why did they delay the announcement? More weirdness.