Tulaned Again- Houston wins 49-31

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Must win game in less than 24 hours:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 5d9d5.html

We all know Houston is looking to extract revenge for what we did to them last season. They are looking to make us their whipping boys. Time to man up Tulane.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

I really want to watch this game at home but it looks like I will have to evacuate due to Hurricane Delta, and watch it either at a hotel in Houston or my in-laws in Katy (which is no fun lol).
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This is a big game. But in the scheme of things, it's a football game. Be safe one and all with Delta bearing down on Louisiana.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:44 am I really want to watch this game at home but it looks like I will have to evacuate due to Hurricane Delta, and watch it either at a hotel in Houston or my in-laws in Katy (which is no fun lol).
Best of luck to you g78. Hope it turns out well for you. May the Wave brighten your evening with a win.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:44 am I really want to watch this game at home but it looks like I will have to evacuate due to Hurricane Delta, and watch it either at a hotel in Houston or my in-laws in Katy (which is no fun lol).
If you’re in Houston go to the game. I know 5 people doing that now.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:19 pm Must win game in less than 24 hours:

We all know Houston is looking to extract revenge for what we did to them last season. They are looking to make us their whipping boys. Time to man up Tulane.
+1,000. It is time to consistently man up, in important and widely televised games. Turn the damn corner!!
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenie78
Riptide

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:13 am
Best of luck to you g78. Hope it turns out well for you. May the Wave brighten your evening with a win.
Thanks WW. I think we’re gonna get a decent amount of the storm here. Thankfully not anything nearly as bad as Laura. But we still have tarps on our roof as we were supposed to get started this week with our house. But I’m still wearing my Tulane polo and shirts up to Houston and staying in Memorial City so I’m still in good spirits.
greenie78
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:46 am
If we get settled in quick enough I may try. Our hotel isn’t too far from the game. My wife and kids always enjoy going to Yulman so I’m sure they would enjoy watching a game in Houston.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:01 am
tpstulane wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:46 am
If we get settled in quick enough I may try. Our hotel isn’t too far from the game. My wife and kids always enjoy going to Yulman so I’m sure they would enjoy watching a game in Houston.
Good luck
Tulane Class of 1981
TroubleForTulane
Ripple

greenie78 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:59 am
Thanks WW. I think we’re gonna get a decent amount of the storm here. Thankfully not anything nearly as bad as Laura. But we still have tarps on our roof as we were supposed to get started this week with our house. But I’m still wearing my Tulane polo and shirts up to Houston and staying in Memorial City so I’m still in good spirits.
About 45 minutes to an hour drive if you leave after 4 pm. Traffic from Memorial City to UH is no fun. Sorry you’ve got to evacuate, hope all is well upon return!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TroubleForTulane wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:48 am

About 45 minutes to an hour drive if you leave after 4 pm. Traffic from Memorial City to UH is no fun. Sorry you’ve got to evacuate, hope all is well upon return!
Memorial City...generally speaking, I-10 and Beltway 8...my corp offices was a few exits west of that, Eldridge @ I-10 in the "Energy Corridor"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hope the timing works out for you and you can attend the game and pull the Wave through. ROLL WAVE ROLL!!!
Wavetrader
Low Tide

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:15 am

Hope the timing works out for you and you can attend the game and pull the Wave through. ROLL WAVE ROLL!!!
For those Wave Fans in Houston, I have extra tickets if anyone wants them (free for a good home). We have 6 people from the Houston area going tonight, but I had 8 others cancel on me who were going to travel from NOLA. We are behind the Tulane bench.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wavetrader wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:28 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:15 am

For those Wave Fans in Houston, I have extra tickets if anyone wants them (free for a good home). We have 6 people from the Houston area going tonight, but I had 8 others cancel on me who were going to travel from NOLA. We are behind the Tulane bench.

Nice offer. Hope some can avail themselves of it.
Smythe
Ripple

winwave wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:19 pm Must win game in less than 24 hours:

I hope Tulane's defense zones up. Roll Wave!!!
greenie78
Riptide

We decided not to leave Lake Charles yet since traffic so bad right now so the plan is to watch it at home tonight and maybe leave after the game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:57 pm We decided not to leave Lake Charles yet since traffic so bad right now so the plan is to watch it at home tonight and maybe leave after the game.
Lafayette people are heading East. I-12 now bumper to bumper heading East.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:57 pm We decided not to leave Lake Charles yet since traffic so bad right now so the plan is to watch it at home tonight and maybe leave after the game.
From an article in the Advocate:

State officials recommended that evacuees use I-49 and I-20 as alternate routes.
Dave breslin
Swell

Good luck G78. Hope the best for you. A win can help too. Play like we’ are capable and we can take care of business. Roll Wave 🏈🌊
greenie78
Riptide

Getting nervous guys!!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Rolll Wave Baby !!!! Let’s get after Tune !!

Also it wasn’t a surprise redshirt for King, it’s because we kicked their ass
HoustonWave
Tsunami

We already won the uniform battle.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

#36 already burned.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Big 3rd down, early burned timeout for houston