Navy at Tulane preview

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:10 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:12 pm

Decided to do a preview for this one, Tulane appears to be much better than Navy is this year, hope they prove it on the field


User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1752
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:38 am

A front loaded team of 26 year old mormons & polynesians can pack a punch👍 I thank god we didn't walk into that buzz saw.
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:10 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 am

Nobody wants to play BYU this year, but Navy also looked atrocious. They’ll obviously be better than that when they come to Yulman but I still like our chances
galvezwave
Surge
Posts: 995
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:47 am

It’ll look a lot like the s Bama game early on, but Tulane will take control at some point and cruise late . Hopefully enough to get Pratt or ibieta snaps , but it might not be quite that comfortable. We’re playing some of the nations finest , they will be highly motivated, and they have a great coach .
Bicoastalwave
Swell
Posts: 1927
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:52 am

galvezwave wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:47 am
It’ll look a lot like the s Bama game early on, but Tulane will take control at some point and cruise late . Hopefully enough to get Pratt or ibieta snaps , but it might not be quite that comfortable. We’re playing some of the nations finest , they will be highly motivated, and they have a great coach .
I think we have a better chance at seeing some back up QB’s @ USM
anEngineer
Surge
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:54 am

Malcolm Perry was what made the Navy offense go the past 3 years. Without him, I expect them to be a shell of what they have been. A lot has been made of the Navy defense against USA and not enough live pre-season tackling, but the USA defensive front totally throttled the Navy running game and our defensive front is better than USA. If Navy gets a few drives that only go 3-5 plays, they are in big trouble, and I would expect to see that Saturday.
galvezwave
Surge
Posts: 995
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:03 pm

Lets not act like we’ve never seen some dude that can’t hit the side of a barn from 12 feet suddenly become joe Montana against Tulane .
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9986
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm

anEngineer wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:54 am
Malcolm Perry was what made the Navy offense go the past 3 years. Without him, I expect them to be a shell of what they have been. A lot has been made of the Navy defense against USA and not enough live pre-season tackling, but the USA defensive front totally throttled the Navy running game and our defensive front is better than USA. If Navy gets a few drives that only go 3-5 plays, they are in big trouble, and I would expect to see that Saturday.
I think you're confusing our common opponents. Navy hasn't played USA. Navy played BYU, USA played USM in week 1.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
anEngineer
Surge
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:39 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm
anEngineer wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:54 am
Malcolm Perry was what made the Navy offense go the past 3 years. Without him, I expect them to be a shell of what they have been. A lot has been made of the Navy defense against USA and not enough live pre-season tackling, but the USA defensive front totally throttled the Navy running game and our defensive front is better than USA. If Navy gets a few drives that only go 3-5 plays, they are in big trouble, and I would expect to see that Saturday.
I think you're confusing our common opponents. Navy hasn't played USA. Navy played BYU, USA played USM in week 1.
You're right. I did get them confused.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9986
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:36 pm

anEngineer wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:39 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm
anEngineer wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:54 am
Malcolm Perry was what made the Navy offense go the past 3 years. Without him, I expect them to be a shell of what they have been. A lot has been made of the Navy defense against USA and not enough live pre-season tackling, but the USA defensive front totally throttled the Navy running game and our defensive front is better than USA. If Navy gets a few drives that only go 3-5 plays, they are in big trouble, and I would expect to see that Saturday.
I think you're confusing our common opponents. Navy hasn't played USA. Navy played BYU, USA played USM in week 1.
You're right. I did get them confused.
No worries. This lock down thing followed by a few different quarantines has taken it's toll. Now, w/kids in school (here in CT) every other day, keeping track should be simple, yet my brain seems to be locked down, and I get days confused. Heck some days I think it's Tuesday all day long when it's Wednesday (or worse!)
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:41 pm

At a high level, BYU's COVID 2020 Schedule started with Navy followed by Army and the only other meaningful game was Houston, and, because that is the case and because Navy did not do contact practicing, it would be paramount for Tulane not to put too much stock in the Navy/BYU game since BYU spent the entire off season (to the extent that it had an offseason) preparing for the triple option and Navy didn't -really- practice.
Bicoastalwave
Swell
Posts: 1927
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:22 pm

Navy is scrambling looking for a QB with the pre season favorite just deciding to transfer. This is our time for some payback


Post Reply