USM scheduled for 9/26

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Play them on 9-26.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
oliveandblue
Surge

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:17 pm Play them on 9-26.
Unlike the So. Alabama game, this one is a local rivalry with traditional value. I like it. KeonBowl 2020 is a thing!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Dannen apparently feels more comfortable competing in CUSA and the Sun Belt . Hopefully our next AD has A Power resume .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
austxwave
High Tide

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:55 pm Dannen apparently feels more comfortable competing in CUSA and the Sun Belt . Hopefully our next AD has A Power resume .
I know you're making this comment because you are ill-informed and not tool. We had Northwestern and Mississippi State on the schedule but both of their conference decided to scale back their non-conference games this year due to covid. Tulane could have not replaced these games or pick up 2 games against schools fairly close by (limiting the cost to the school). Our AD decided it was better to play 12 than 10. There was no possible way to pick up P5 games to replace Northwestern and MSU this year.
nawlinspete
Riptide

There certainly WAS A WAY Each BIG12 school has one OOC slot . We should have tried before settling
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
IM42lane
Swell

I have NOT seen Tulane play well at "the Rock" in way too many years.
Time for a change to that.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Looking forward to starting 4-0 and hopefully getting into the top 25 and getting some buzz
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:23 pm Looking forward to starting 4-0 and hopefully getting into the top 25 and getting some buzz
I'd like to be in that number.

Is Jack Abraham still at USM? He moved the ball at will against us, and his injury was really the turning point in the game. Could we have an Abraham vs Howard shoot out?

Like USA, I'd like to bury the Golden Eagles. I truly think we have the better program, but they've always played us tough. And I'll never forget Brett Favre telling a reporter when asked about the difference between the NFL and college: "there's no Tulane's on the schedule."

Drop the Eagles
Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bigschtick
Riptide

I don't care who we play as long as we can get the full season in. Dannen did
the right thing with the substitute teams that he selected.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
sader24
Tsunami

2 driveable and winnable road games including a long time rival after being dealt a giant shit sandwich on two previous P5 winnable games that were also attractive opponents seems like a pretty good save given the circumstances.
dpm wave
Swell

I would put $$ on USM being one of the first schools to have to shut down football operations due to C-19
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Apparently going and kicking the crap out of USM Will also save us $300,000 we were going to have to pay them to come to come to Yulman (they’re still coming we just don’t pay them).
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't think the game is going to be played.

Here's a link to watch the Armed Forces Bowl. It's amazing how the Jack Abraham injury changes the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWu335g4z8o
greenie78
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:06 am I don't think the game is going to be played.

Here's a link to watch the Armed Forces Bowl. It's amazing how the Jack Abraham injury changes the game.

His injury played a role, but the offense woke up as well and they couldn’t stop our offense, especially our running game. We have superior talent.
Wave755
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:33 am
DfromCT wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:06 am I don't think the game is going to be played.

His injury played a role, but the offense woke up as well and they couldn’t stop our offense, especially our running game. We have superior talent.
+1, and we badly beat USM at the line of scrimmage, the Mustard Buzzards had only 58 yards rushing, enough said.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:39 am
greenie78 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:33 am
+1, USM had only 58 yards rushing, enough said.
I agree that we have superior talent, and when McM got on a roll we were hard to stop. He could have had a massive game had he been on target from the start. USM was rushing for 5.5 ypg through the first 25 minutes of the game, then we stuffed a few. We did stop them on two drives before Abraham gut hurt. Then in the second half their whole offense fell apart as the backup looked inept.

This is a game we should win. But USM is no pushover. USA is a team we should blow out by at least 4 TD's.