No fans

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Dave breslin
Swell

Just watching the channel 4 news and they’ve reported that there would be no fans at Yulman this year. Wasn’t watching closely since the news is mostly worthless info today. But, did anyone catch this?

RobertM320
Green Wave

I was in the other room but I heard it as well. Dannen said they were preparing as if they would have no fans. I don't think its set in stone yet, but seems they're leaning that direction.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

To clarify he said they would make the determination 10 days before each home game based on New Orleans restrictions. So they’re preparing for no fans, but in reality there will probably be some fans at some games.
greenie78
Riptide

I think fans in outdoor stadiums could work. The virus doesn’t circulate outdoors. Spread everyone apart and it will work. Indoors is a different story.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't know what Tulane's plans are, but an unnamed P5 school is going with the following order for who has priority for attending football games: 1. Families of players 2. Students 3. Faculty and staff, 4. Season Ticket Holders w/priority based upon points system used for other events (bowl game tickets, seat selection, etc.) 5. general public. This assumes we get to a point where games are played with fans
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
gbgreenie
Surge

Don't guess you guys picked it up but Dannen said if they had fans it would be limited to 3,000 social distancing.

RobertM320
Green Wave

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:15 am Don't guess you guys picked it up but Dannen said if they had fans it would be limited to 3,000 social distancing.
Many a year that would be enough to have everyone who wanted to go be there.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LaToya calling the shots. Baton Rouge will allow fans for LSU. If she caves and allows Saints to have fans then we will too. Tulane has to live under her rules.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:41 am
gbgreenie wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:15 am Don't guess you guys picked it up but Dannen said if they had fans it would be limited to 3,000 social distancing.
Many a year that would be enough to have everyone who wanted to go be there.
True, under "Buffet" Bob Toledo we practiced social distancing at the Dome over a decade before most people had ever even heard of the term "Corona Virus." After all, for "Buffet" Bob's last hurrah at Tulane in 2011 v. UTEP, we had a Dome scanner count of 973, so plenty of space between fans, we were completely safe from all respiratory transmittable diseases. :P
Last edited by Wave755 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

there ain't enuff Fabreeze, to destroy the odor, that radiates from the mayors office
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:27 pm I don't know what Tulane's plans are, but an unnamed P5 school is going with the following order for who has priority for attending football games: 1. Families of players 2. Students 3. Faculty and staff, 4. Season Ticket Holders w/priority based upon points system used for other events (bowl game tickets, seat selection, etc.) 5. general public. This assumes we get to a point where games are played with fans
The plan if fans are allowed are- 1- family and friends of players,2-students,3-fans.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

Safer to have fans at Yulman than the Dome. I don’t see a reason why fans shouldn’t be outdoors with staying apart.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

What are the economics of just 3,000 fans? A few ticket takers and some social-distance enforcers? Will concessions be open? or will it be BYOB and bring your own mixers? It seems like fully stocking the stadium services would be a sure money loser, in a year where every dollar counts in the school and athletic budgets.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

I think it's safe to say, we've been safely practicing social distancing at the Yulman since its inception.
Houma de Wave
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:52 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:27 pm I don't know what Tulane's plans are, but an unnamed P5 school is going with the following order for who has priority for attending football games: 1. Families of players 2. Students 3. Faculty and staff, 4. Season Ticket Holders w/priority based upon points system used for other events (bowl game tickets, seat selection, etc.) 5. general public. This assumes we get to a point where games are played with fans
The plan if fans are allowed are- 1- family and friends of players,2-students,3-fans.
So, I guess at halftime a hoard of fans could enter Yulman since the students all leave at that time. Hopefully, Tulane is setting up a fan platoon system.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

True Dat!
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Dave breslin
Swell

If alcohol gets rid of the virus-I suggest drinking heavily. But, isn’t that a given to watch TU. It was to drown out what we saw. Now it’s to celebrate
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Saints announce no fans for their home opener.
Bad news for Tulane fans.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

I can understand no fans in the Dome since the virus circulates indoors. But Yulman wouldn’t have the same problem. Plus if you let fans bring their own concessions and close the concession stands, it will be pretty safe at an outdoor stadium.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:23 pm I can understand no fans in the Dome since the virus circulates indoors. But Yulman wouldn’t have the same problem. Plus if you let fans bring their own concessions and close the concession stands, it will be pretty safe at an outdoor stadium.
LaToya rules. No large groups over a certain number.
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

She didn't apply that rule to the 2nd Line funeral today that had 2000 maskless drinking people at it with a live Brass Band.
greenie78
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:59 pm
greenie78 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:23 pm I can understand no fans in the Dome since the virus circulates indoors. But Yulman wouldn’t have the same problem. Plus if you let fans bring their own concessions and close the concession stands, it will be pretty safe at an outdoor stadium.
LaToya rules. No large groups over a certain number.
I’m not familiar with her stance. What’s her limit on crowd size?
gbgreenie
Surge

50 people
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually that's a state phase 2 rule.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:40 am Actually that's a state phase 2 rule.
Except in Baton Rouge. LSU plans on having fans if the SEC plays on.