Potentially Big news for Baseball?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

RollWaveRoll wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:51 am
winwave wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:08 pm Maybe not:

The Council also made some additional recommendations on the matter. The group asked the Student-Athlete Experience Committee to do a comprehensive review of the financial aid rules, counter rules for every sport, average equivalencies for every sport and roster management. More positives could come for college baseball after that comprehensive review is completed.

That means they are looking at raising the number of scholarships. It will happen. Hoping for the high end .

As to Vandy they are just one school. There aren't many others in their position. This won't help Rice as they are in CUSA. It wouldn't help Vandy if they were in CUSA. We are in a good conference that has finished as high as 3rd since we've been in it. This will help us just as you and others claimed it would if Tulane would just do it . Turns out they couldn't do it then. But they can do it now. It's a good thing.
we were conf champions in 2016, and that team shouldve went to cws. At least to the supers. We ran into the top 2 pitchers in college baseball that season in the regional with boston colleges Justin Dunn who was the highest P drafted out of college that year and Mike king. We were ranked #11 by BA if i remember going into that reg and took out the #1 seed before running into the lowly Boston College......who wouldve known the #4 seeds top two starters were MLB arms. Both are big leaguers now!
Yes indeed. I was at that Regional and it was as you said. Probably the toughest that year. If I remember correctly Ole Miss went home once again.

RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

Show Me wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:46 pm
RollWaveRoll wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:51 am
winwave wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:08 pm Maybe not:

The Council also made some additional recommendations on the matter. The group asked the Student-Athlete Experience Committee to do a comprehensive review of the financial aid rules, counter rules for every sport, average equivalencies for every sport and roster management. More positives could come for college baseball after that comprehensive review is completed.

That means they are looking at raising the number of scholarships. It will happen. Hoping for the high end .

As to Vandy they are just one school. There aren't many others in their position. This won't help Rice as they are in CUSA. It wouldn't help Vandy if they were in CUSA. We are in a good conference that has finished as high as 3rd since we've been in it. This will help us just as you and others claimed it would if Tulane would just do it . Turns out they couldn't do it then. But they can do it now. It's a good thing.
we were conf champions in 2016, and that team shouldve went to cws. At least to the supers. We ran into the top 2 pitchers in college baseball that season in the regional with boston colleges Justin Dunn who was the highest P drafted out of college that year and Mike king. We were ranked #11 by BA if i remember going into that reg and took out the #1 seed before running into the lowly Boston College......who wouldve known the #4 seeds top two starters were MLB arms. Both are big leaguers now!
Yes indeed. I was at that Regional and it was as you said. Probably the toughest that year. If I remember correctly Ole Miss went home once again.
Agreed....Definitely was. That Regional Included Ole miss the #1 seed. The AAC champs as #2 seed. Pac 10 champs as the #3 seed.....and freaking #4 seed boston college with 2 MLB starting pitchers including the top p in that draft. Ridiculous!! We took out the #1 seed and the Pac10 champs before running into BC. Remember we also beat the National Champions that year in Univ of Arizona. Great team we had.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

in the jaundice eyes of the ncaa, bcs'ers and several bowl / selection comittees, if ya ain't a PEE, ya just water in the toilet, waitin' to be flushed
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !